Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Dublin City Council

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

irishbird wrote: »
    its the annual charge. DCC used to charge it quarterly on Invoice but Greyhound want it up front

Thanks..so it's for the use of the bins I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This is really bad news for the householder IMO. DCC have done a fantastic job over the years. They are good communicators, up front and flexible. They will come around again if they miss a bin for whatever reason. Greyhound currently collect my green bin and they aren't half as good to deal with. They won't even collect the bins from the same place (we have to drag them up to the top of the road). And there are houses in my locality which have no bins - they have a current dispensation from DCC to use bags because their houses are just so small they can't store a bin. There has been no assurances that the existing dispensations will be allowed to persist.

Greyhound have been offered the initial contract I think and have agreed to freeze fees for only the first six months at which stage there will be a 'small rise' (whatever that could mean). And as far as I know the market will be then thrown open for other bidders, which means you could have a bin collection on your street every day of the week. It will be madness! Chaotic, noisy, madness.

Am v annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I phoned Panda, the girl told me they collect domestic refuse in Baldoye, but not yet Donaghmede. (anyone know if thats true) Thorntons said they are getting so many phone calls about this they are considering expanding. Whatever happens we are stuck with greyhound for at least a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I don't have the letter they sent on me at the moment and I'm a little confused. I've two questions.

1. My black bin is supposed to be collected by Greyhound tomorrow, will they collect it even if I haven't paid the fee?

2. My green bin is overflowing and was supposed to be collected on yesterday, since DCC collected my black bin on Friday, can I fill my black bin with stuff from the green bin or is that illegal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    She said she would organise someone to take the green bin but only as a once off. There is a commitment to call me by tomorrow with the pickup details. Seems that they have been swamped with people whose bins weren't collected.

Still waiting on that call............

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Brozy wrote: »
    My black bin is supposed to be collected by Greyhound tomorrow, will they collect it even if I haven't paid the fee?

I would doubt they will collect your black bin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 johnbhere

The Service from Greyhound is terrible. I live in a small estate. We have collections from Thorntons & City Bin. Greyhound come into the estate & if they even see two cars on the road they reverse back out & leave bins.
    I have changed to City Bin myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would doubt they will collect your black bin
    All the black bins were collected around here this morning and the letter from Greyhound only arrived on Tuesday morning. There's no way Greyhound could have received the €100 charge from everyone within two days.
    I haven't paid but I didn't put my bin out because it's half full. Its half empty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Greyhound have also just been around my road, they also emptied all the bins that were left out and I doubt if all of those people have paid so quickly. I got my letter Tuesday 17th. They made such a balls of sending out letters so late they might be collecting the first lift whether you have paid or not. I notice the bin trucks didnt have any logos on them. They are probably using the DCC bin trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I spoke to greyhound yesterday - very nice chap on the phone. Havent received anything from them but he has told me to put my bins out tomorrow and they will be collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

All the black bins were collected around here this morning and the letter from Greyhound only arrived on Tuesday morning. There's no way Greyhound could have received the €100 charge from everyone within two days.
    I haven't paid but I didn't put my bin out because it's half full. Its half empty too.

Same with my bins, I haven't paid a cent and they were collected on Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Just heard you can pay service charge in 2 lots of 50 euro if you sign for auto payment.
    I dont have have a credit card so is there anyone who will pay it for me and i will owe them the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Has anyone successfully paid the service charge online?
    I cant log in to do it,How do you find out what your verification code is?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

It's on the plastic card included with the info pack, if you have received it.

ooter wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully paid the service charge online?
    I cant log in to do it,How do you find out what your verification code is?

It is on the back of the plastic card on the right hand side. You will see VC with a 4 digit number beside it. type in the 4 digits.

I had the same problem so had to call them...........again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks,just logged in there and it is saying my account is minus €56.I presume that's money I owe to DCC?
    does that mean I'll have to lodge €56 plus €100 plus €12 before they'll lift my bins?
    If so that's very unfair,I owe that €56 to DCC,not greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

ooter wrote: »
    Thanks,just logged in there and it is saying my account is minus €56.I presume that's money I owe to DCC?
    does that mean I'll have to lodge €56 plus €100 plus €12 before they'll lift my bins?
    If so that's very unfair,I owe that €56 to DCC,not greyhound.

At the council meeting yesterday the deputy city manager said that part of the contract with greyhound was they would collect outstanding balance. He also said they would not start collecting these balances for 2/3 weeks. Now this whole thing has been a shambles so god knows they could be could be collecting early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Question may have already been asked so apologies if I missed it

As the black and brown bin go out together will there be 2 different trucks collecting them? No point in recycling into the brown if they are just going to go into the one truck! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread for all Greyhound/DCC Waste Management talk please!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056510601

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement