Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La senza gift voucher

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

bought one on the 7th dec as a christmas present and only realised when it was opened it said that it couldnt be used in ireland and only in the uk. Now that they have closed down here their online business has closed also. Surely they cant get away with selling vouchers in ireland only to be redemmed in the uk without telling anyone??

I bought the voucher in dundrum and nobody said anything to me about where i could use it at the time of purchase.

What can i do if anything?? Or is anybody in a similar situation??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is the UK store still open?

As the Irish stores are closed, you can't use them here anyway, so if the UK shops are open, at least you have some value

If it was Ireland only, you'd have nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

uk stores are open i think so its looking like i only have that option left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Stick it on adverts.ie or ebay and try get your money back. Only sell it to someone in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you sure they werent just using cards printed for use in the UK that worked fine in the machines here (or were accepted here if they are just a printed receipt or somesuch). Either way, seeing as they are gone here anyway its a bit of a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd imagine the card you have has a € value and not £. This would be an issue, no?

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    I'd imagine the card you have has a € value and not £. This would be an issue, no?

It has a € sign on it and its not a card its a piece of paper.

good point you make alright how would shops in uk react to been given this € voucher???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

JonnyM wrote: »
    It has a € sign on it and its not a card its a piece of paper.

good point you make alright how would shops in uk react to been given this € voucher???

The UK business is gone. 60 shops have been bought by another company who I would imagine will not honour any lasenza vouchers / gift cards.

Your contract would be with La Senza Limited, La Senza
    Europe Limited, Contessa (Ladieswear) Limited and Keppelington Limited where as the administrators sold 60 stores to Alshaya UK Limited. The
    remainder of the stores have closed and the internet business has ceased operating
    immediately upon the administrators' appointment.

if administrators are in what are the chances of people getting their money back on vouchers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

if administrators are in what are the chances of people getting their money back on vouchers??

You'd have to contact the administrators in this case to find out what's to happen to the gift vouchers. You wouldn't generally get a refund. Vouchers have no protection, and the voucher holder has no rights.

The voucher may still be accepted, but this would be up to the company that has bought the stores to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you purchase via credit card, or was it cash/laser?

If you paid via credit card, then it is possible to initiate a charge back from your credit card provider.

Im guessing that it was possible to use the voucher in ROI stores, even though it may have said UK. They probably never even noticed themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Slightly off topic but related nonetheless, La Senza are operating here in Oz and are still trading as normal. Did this closure not affect Oz chains? Also isn't LS the little sister of Victoria's Secret? They haven't gone bust so surely the OP has some recourse through this company?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Batgurl wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but related nonetheless, La Senza are operating here in Oz and are still trading as normal. Did this closure not affect Oz chains? Also isn't LS the little sister of Victoria's Secret? They haven't gone bust so surely the OP has some recourse through this company?

No, they're all very different legal entities and in different countries, so the voucher (in general) would not be transferrable to another company/country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Seeing as they initially said they weren't going to pay their staff for December and Christmas overtime, (which took a 4-5 day sit-in to remedy and UK staff are apparently not getting paid, but the Irish staff are) I cannot see them honouring vouchers. If it was purchased by credit card then I think it will, but not by any other means.

My voucher was purchased with laser any hope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

My voucher was purchased with laser any hope?

Laser = no hope
    Visa Debit now operated by some banks and still called laser by some people - yes. But card MUST have visa symbol on it.
    mastercard & visa credit cards - yes

Advertisement