Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Poleberry customer service.

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Went to Tesco poleberry this morning to use their coin counter but it was out of order,I went to customer service to ask if any other Tesco branch had one.There was two people in front of me,a chap buying a newspaper and a female tesco supervisor(the one's in the blue two piece suit) who was at the counter with a bar of choclate,her and the mule behind the counter proceeded to enter a full blown conversation about booking hoildays,when the mule behind the counter decided to serve the chap in front of me she barely acknowledged him just to take money as she continued her "chat"as i walked up to the counter she turned away from me and kept talking to her supervisor,ignoreing me.Only when i started to walk away did she acknowledge me.I said"You continue on and don't mind me you ignorant cnut"and walked out.This siht really pisses me off,as if i don't exsist,and she was on customer service,some joke.Rant over.
    Next question does anyone know where there is another coin counter located in Waterford,preferably not tesco.
    Thank's in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Went to Tesco poleberry this morning to use their coin counter but it was out of order,I went to customer service to ask if any other Tesco branch had one.There was two people in front of me,a chap buying a newspaper and a female tesco supervisor(the one's in the blue two piece suit) who was at the counter with a bar of choclate,her and the mule behind the counter proceeded to enter a full blown conversation about booking hoildays,when the mule behind the counter decided to serve the chap in front of me she barely acknowledged him just to take money as she continued her "chat"as i walked up to the counter she turned away from me and kept talking to her supervisor,ignoreing me.Only when i started to walk away did she acknowledge me.I said"You continue on and don't mind me you ignorant cnut"and walked out.This siht really pisses me off,as if i don't exsist,and she was on customer service,some joke.Rant over.
    Next question does anyone know where there is another coin counter located in Waterford,preferably not tesco.
    Thank's in advance.

... bit liberal with the old c word there chap? No excuse for poor service, but behaving like a lunatic won't do you any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Make a complaint on there website they do look into this sort of thing my gf mother made a complaint at the Adrkeen Tesco and got a response with an apology I'm sure there manager got the complaint from there head office as he was overly nice next time she was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

The only other place I cam think of that has a coin counter is tesco ardkeen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Calling someone a c%Nt was way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thank's in advance.
    Jesus you went in there pissed off.

I can remember someone making a complaint about Poleberry on here before, but if you were calling me a mule and a c*nt I'd be glad I ignored you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Jesus you went in there pissed off.

I can remember someone making a complaint about Poleberry on here before, but if you were calling me a mule and a c*nt I'd be glad I ignored you.

I called her a mule on here not to her face and i called her a C as i was walking off and she deserved it.In the present climate there are people who would be glad of a job and do it with pride,not the crappy attitude i experanced today.I came out pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Thank's in advance.

go way outta that boy, the poor gils were only having an aul chat boy,
    all ya had to say was excuse me please young lady and tell her what your problam was,
    and another thing, dont go down that road of reporting any young girl to their bosses over a little silly thing like this,
    and i also call on the mods here to remove this topic as it might get some poor young girl into trouble for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

while i think the OP's use of the language is abysmal i do think tey have a point

the attitude you are showing on here just shows that you are as arrogant as they are. the only difference is your proving yourself that you are pretty rilled up and talking in a manor that i would hate to think youd talk to any woman like that. while the only proof that these people acted like this is your word and you sound like you where pretty annoyed.

that been said. i have no respect for a lot of the employees in any tesco. for some reason the tesco hiring policy seems to make sure they only hire people that hate people. everyone i have seen(and i know a lot of people working in tesco's around the country that fit the same bill) that work in tesco seems to think its a choir to deliver customer satisfaction. they are often rude, abusive and oblivious to customers. they will easily carry on conversations and just take the cash while they are talking.

the only way of combating it is to interupt their conversations and ask for a manager. if they are the manager then email tesco. get rid of them. at the end of the day im spending my money and i am by no means rude to anyone who is doing a job. but if they are being rude they do not deserve to be working there.

but no mattrwhat dont use abusive language or your justifying their attitude that customers are pr##ks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Icky Thump wrote: »
    for some reason the tesco hiring policy seems to make sure they only hire people that hate people. everyone i have seen(and i know a lot of people working in tesco's around the country that fit the same bill) that work in tesco seems to think its a choir to deliver customer satisfaction.

At Least they are all singing off the same Hymn Sheet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

That's what happens when you put women in to managerial positions!
    They just go on & on & on & on & on & on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I think customer service in Tesco is getting worse. I was in Lisduggan last week with the other half, I was in a queue behind a middle aged lady who was taking her time unpacking her trolley and having a nice chat with the girl on the checkout.

So I decided sod this and went to move into the next lane, only to be told that he was closing. Fair enough stayed in our q, next thing looked over and yer man who was ''closing'' was serving two tesco employee's. So I went over put my basket on the belt to get ''I said I'm closed''. Well you served those two you can serve me. He started mumbling something but I couldn't hear him.

The only reason I shop in that ****hole is because you can usually get good deals off the butcher's and the fruit and veg shops in the centre. Its definitely not for the Tesco experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If you think Tesco customer service is bad you should try the hypermarket (supervalue), they have to be the most ignorant I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I know how you can complain directly and get results, but me being one of those 'mules', I dont think I could bring myself to help you.

No amount of customer service awards make up for having to deal with customers like you.

I think I could put the Tesco stores in order of customer service levels and most local people would agree with me. It shouldn't be that way, but the stores at the bottom lose sales and the store at the top gains sales, its the way it should be.

I also never allow personal conversations on the shop floor unless instigated by the customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Thank's in advance.

Log onto <snip>and log a complant with them. The store managers gets e-mailed comments about his store and also the area manager. ( on second thoughts im not going to give you the link.)

Absolutely no need too start shooting off at staff either there only human too. But I must say working in our branch, the abuse of customers is starting to get worse.

And too be honest, I have never entertained or will entertain anyone with a pissy attitude towards me and if I see them trying it on with another member of staff they will be swiftly asked to leave the shop.

Kxiii, do you honestly expect a staff member to tell another staff member, sorry my till is closed when they only have a can of coke and sandwich in there hands and a 15 break which is ticking away ?

Every job has its perks, and as you can see we get a lot of **** thrown at us daily. Let the lads get there stuff on the closed checkout.

Icky Thump, while I agree there are some people in Tesco that shouldn't be there. The majority of stores I have worked in the staff are great and get along with customers, there are bad apples in every store, but please don't tar us all with a bad attitude or approch staff with a bad attitude before you even know what they are like.

Also , why would you call a manager over because there talking on the tills? Listening to beep beep beep for an hour straight takes it toll on your mind, a bit of light chat too take your mind away from the beeping!

I enjoy working in the store I am in, never had a complaint made against me, I have had a few people push my buttons but I always remained calm and resolve 99% of issues with customers. I don't bull**** with customers, and it works. Some of the stories I have read on this site, nearly 80% of what customers are told is NOT store/tesco policy and is actually bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Kxiii, do you honestly expect a staff member to tell another staff member, sorry my till is closed when they only have a can of coke and sandwich in there hands and a 15 break which is ticking away ?

This is strictly now allowed where I work but there are self-service tills for staff to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jacknory

Thank's in advance.

Not the answer you were looking for but would you not count the change yourself? Those machines take anything between 9-11% of what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

@MSG11 I worked in retail for more than ten years so I would expect staff and customers to be treated the same.

I can see your point but the other two staff members were finished their shift by the looks of what they were buying one had a small trolley and the other a slab of cans. I only spotted they were staff because I could see their work polo shirts inside their jackets. At this point they were using the tills as a normal customer not just on a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The moral of this story: Shop in Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Can't say that I have had any negative dealings with staff in Tesco's.. Shop every week in Tesco Ardkeen and in general it seems like a fairly sound staff in there.

However I would really commend Ardkeen Superstores on their customer service. I buy my lunch in their deli regularly and the staff make such an effort to make conversation and be as helpful as possible. I'm not saying I would do my weekly shopping in there but they are extremely friendly.

I'm not connected to the store anymore but for 7 good years the service in Treacys/Hennessy's Centra couldn't be beaten ;)

• Advertisement

there was no need to name the store and the position that the girl worked in on this, it could get her into trouble by some little jumped up manager just because some little narkey costomer had no patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Bad enough being an ignorant sod to a few ladies but posting your conquest here takes the biscuit !

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

go way outta that boy, the poor gils were only having an aul chat boy,
    all ya had to say was excuse me please young lady and tell her what your problam was,
    and another thing, dont go down that road of reporting any young girl to their bosses over a little silly thing like this,
    and i also call on the mods here to remove this topic as it might get some poor young girl into trouble for nothing.

Opinions are like ass hole's.
    Everybody has one.

msg11 wrote: »

Every job has its perks, and as you can see we get a lot of **** thrown at us daily. Let the lads get there stuff on the closed checkout.

Icky Thump, while I agree there are some people in Tesco that shouldn't be there. The majority of stores I have worked in the staff are great and get along with customers, there are bad apples in every store, but please don't tar us all with a bad attitude or approch staff with a bad attitude before you even know what they are like.

Also , why would you call a manager over because there talking on the tills? Listening to beep beep beep for an hour straight takes it toll on your mind, a bit of light chat too take your mind away from the beeping!

I enjoy working in the store I am in, never had a complaint made against me, I have had a few people push my buttons but I always remained calm and resolve 99% of issues with customers. I don't bull**** with customers, and it works. Some of the stories I have read on this site, nearly 80% of what customers are told is NOT store/tesco policy and is actually bull****.

one morning i walked into a certain well known store. i got myself a couple of items for lunch and since i needed the lotto and litterally had 2 items(i think milk and cereal or something) i decided to go to the customer service counter. to be fair this was no issue at all. i was behind one or two people in the que and everything went as normal. people handed items. items where scanned. people where given a price. people paid and then they left. i get to the front of the que again no problems i am a morning person anyway and i let very very little annoy me.
    i place my milk and cereal on the counter and say "goodmorning, hows it going?" as i would in most places because i was raised to be polite. in response i get a wry movement of the lips to translate into a half smile half grit of the teeth and a nod. ok that was a bit odd but it was morning and some people are just tired. i asked if i could grab a 3 euro for the euro millions off her aswell please. that was grand she put it on the counter and told me the total cost. i said cool and went through my wallet to hand her cash. i gave her a 20. i put my hand out to recieve my change and she places my change right beside my hand............................................................... i mean come on. that kinda left me bamboozeled. she seemed like she wasnt even pretending to like being there. im not exactly asking for a happy ending that i might at a massage parlour but what about a smile or a have a nice day or a thank you or even have the decency to put my change in my hand and treat me like a human being. im a clean well groomed person who doesnt smell or anything. there is no excuse for this.

im sorry if it seems small and petty but if a customer treated an employee this way then that staff member would be shooting daggers. the problem im finding is that staff think its a privelage to shop in the store instead of thinking its a privelage to work there.

another story is where at customer services the person behind the counter kept stoking the ciggarette machine instead of serving me. i mean they saw me there standing. but she decides to open another box and another box until i finally ask her if i she could help me. she tells me that the tills are open for service and i tell her im looking for lotto and i need her to help me. she gives me an exahel as if im ruining her life and she eventually trudges over to me. and again is rude.

these happened in two different counties never mind two stores.

i know store managers area managers that have worked in both Tesco and Dunes and they have even told me that yes there is an attitude problem among tesco staff.

im sure you are a nice person but i didnt tarnish you all with the same brush. i said from my experience a lot of staff specially in tesco are like this.

"Absolutely no need too start shooting off at staff either there only human too. But I must say working in our branch, the abuse of customers is starting to get worse.

And too be honest, I have never entertained or will entertain anyone with a pissy attitude towards me and if I see them trying it on with another member of staff they will be swiftly asked to leave the shop. "

this was what you wrote to the OP. firstly i dont condon the op's actions as is in my post.

that being said. "the abuse of customers is starting to get worse.".......... maybe if customers where treated with respect then staff would not get abuse. i have been a manager myself(again not naming store or places) and it is my experience that like the OP's pissy attitude may have brought some of it on himself, likewise staff do the exact same. they treat customers poorly and it irritates the customer leaving them be rude.

easy answer treat others the way you want to be treated. or just dont be a d#ck to anyone full stop regardless of working or no working.

"if I see them trying it on with another member of staff they will be swiftly asked to leave the shop."............... in this case the OP was getting annoyed because of these staff members one being a manager no doubt chatting and giving poor customer care. its not about the talking its about paying attention to what you are doing. face the customer when you are serving them for one. hold your convo until the customer is served for two.

your attitude that youd ask the customer to leave the store but wouldnt seem to have a bad word to say about a fellow staff member shouts of ignorance and exactly my pont. that most employees in teso(all over) are rude to customers and have a false impression of their own self worth in the company.

ill finish with this. i have worked in the service industry all of my life. always dealt with customers. i have found you cant keep everyone happy. you sometimes do find yourself in arguments. but if you are polite then you get a polite customer where if you are rude you will get a rude customer.

at the end of the day it is your job to serve and be polite.

all this bo##ox about "its not my job to be nice" has to stop. it is your job. youll find its in the employee handbook that a quality customer service is every employees job.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I know how you can complain directly and get results, but me being one of those 'mules', I dont think I could bring myself to help you.

No amount of customer service awards make up for having to deal with customers like you.

I think I could put the Tesco stores in order of customer service levels and most local people would agree with me. It shouldn't be that way, but the stores at the bottom lose sales and the store at the top gains sales, its the way it should be.

I also never allow personal conversations on the shop floor unless instigated by the customer.

ironically customer service awards are based on theory of how you deal with a customer and not how a customer is actually dealt with

Opinions are like ass hole's.
    Everybody has one.

a person who come on message board to tell us he used the c word on a young girl at work is a bigger ass hole

Icky Thump wrote: »
    "if I see them trying it on with another member of staff they will be swiftly asked to leave the shop."............... in this case the OP was getting annoyed because of these staff members one being a manager no doubt chatting and giving poor customer care. its not about the talking its about paying attention to what you are doing. face the customer when you are serving them for one. hold your convo until the customer is served for two.

Good points, I am not going to say that it dose not happen because it dose. I for one treat people like the way I would like to be treated.

As for what I have quoted above. Maybe I should have been clearer, if I heard anyone aggressively call anyone a **** in the store I work in I would ask them to leave. There no need for that type of carry on in a supermarket. Maybe the shops outside of Dublin are not run as good as Dublin or something?

I still think the OP was out of line saying that too that girl regardless of what shop it was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Of the four Tesco stores in Waterford, the only one I'd use by choice is Ardkeen. I shop there all the time. It's open, airy and bright and it's very rare I'd experience any customer service problems. The only exception is some of the people attending the self-service tills not paying attention. There's an English girl out there who would be on maternity leave right now (think her name might be Penny) and I have to say she's a pleasure to be served by. Always has a smile and a nice, friendly chat to go with her lovely manner. You'd hope this kind of behaviour is recognised and rewarded by management as much as poor performance is penalised.

I find shopping in Lisduggan or Poleberry not very pleasant. Ballybeg doesn't seem too bad so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

The situation described here is unfortunately all too common in Ireland. I can never get over standing there waiting to give a business my money and being ignored in favour of a chat about their night out on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

A general problem I have with Tesco stores in Waterford is the poor standard of English by many of their staff. By going to Superquinn and Ardkeen you're normally guaranteed to meet an Irish staff member who can handle your query effectively.

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Good points, I am not going to say that it dose not happen because it dose. I for one treat people like the way I would like to be treated.

As for what I have quoted above. Maybe I should have been clearer, if I heard anyone aggressively call anyone a **** in the store I work in I would ask them to leave. There no need for that type of carry on in a supermarket. Maybe the shops outside of Dublin are not run as good as Dublin or something?

I still think the OP was out of line saying that too that girl regardless of what shop it was in.

well actually thats something i should have said. i have never experienced behaviour like this in Dublin. mybe its because management keeps a closer eye on their flagship county or maybe and wierd to say but dublin people are a lot more polite.

i completly agree that the Op's words where out of line and i hope he was just peac#cking for dramatic effect as no lady be it young or older should have to hear that kind of language whther they are working or not.

as for your quote i do support what you mean and i think its important from a supervisory or managment position to often look at a situation as an imapartial viewer and not always take the customers side.

as i think it was you said staff are humans too, and they should be treated as such equally by customers.

to be honest i dont get why everyone cant just be nice to each other. doesnt take much.

Advertisement