Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Poleberry customer service.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Come on Giles, you can't fight rudeness with rudeness, you can only fight rudeness with love and rainbows :)

Next time you feel ignored start singing this, and they'll serve you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

I like the polish blond women that works on the till at ardkeen tesco in her early 30's, especially when she says thanks a million in here polish accent.mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

jayus are people gone so sensitive that they get upset if someone doesnt engage them in a conversation... yeah it is ignorant to not be friendly when serving someone but its even more ignorant to have a go at them .....if it bothers some so much then yeah find the boss and make a complaint simple as that really....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I like the polish blond women that works on the till at ardkeen tesco in her early 30's, especially when she says thanks a million in here polish accent.mmmm

Ehh, that narrows it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

i know the wan your on about, shes a fine lack alright;)

• Advertisement

i know the wan your on about, shes a fine lack alright;)

she is very fine.......

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

While i dont condone the use of the "c" word, ive got to agree about the customer service in poleberry. I find shopping in there just a horrible experience unless im using the self service tills. I dont use the customer service till at all anymore, id rather use another shop even if out of my way. Im not going to go into all the instances of bad customer service but just to give a taster. One day i wanted to buy the lotto and was left waiting for a good 5 minutes (no exageration) while the girl behind the counter plus a superviser and another employee all huddled into the corner putting credit on a phone, while totally ignoring my existance. I kid you not. The thing i hate the most is not having to wait, its the fact that noone even acknowledges you. Id be happy if someone just even looked at me and said "one moment". Thats just basic customer service. i wasnt rude when i got served just annoyed at myself for going in there again after other instances..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think customer service in Ardkeen has gone downhill in the last year, there are some staff that are very helpful and polite but there is an increasing number that are unhelpful or rude.

It's down to management and if you've got an assistant manager on the shop floor swearing like a navvy in front of customers with children then it's hardly surprising if staff are rude and unhelpful.

Maybe if Tesco had better customer service it might have helped prevent some of this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jan/12/tesco-stores-shakeup-christmas-performance

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I don't give a toss how poor her customer service was (and ignoring someone is pretty rude), you were just as rude, if not more so.

There's Coinstars in every other Tesco in town. The one in Poleberrys been broken for a couple of weeks. Lisduggans always works.

I have never heard the assistant manager swear in ardkeen, ever, he's a gentleman. Must be someone else....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have never heard the assistant manager swear in ardkeen, ever, he's a gentleman. Must be someone else....

Is the assistant manager a kind of short enough chap with black hair? Probably in his mid-thirties?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Well i phoned customer service number on their web site and was answered by a lovely lady with an erotic upper class British accent who took my details,within 15 mins the manager from Poleberry called me and explaned how important the customer is to tesco and staff are instructed not to discuss personal lives with each other while on check out duty.He also told me that a number of staff were scheduled for retraining because of this problem.It was all very polite and civilised and managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

its nice that he rang you. i know its probably protocole but its a nice gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

,it was all very polite and civilised and managed.
    Until your inner beast came out again, shaking uncontrolably your upper lip curled up as you snarled down the phone that he was only a C**T

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I called her a mule on here not to her face and i called her a C as i was walking off and she deserved it.In the present climate there are people who would be glad of a job and do it with pride,not the crappy attitude i experanced today.I came out pissed off

Calling either of them a mule is clearly meant as a derogatory term and to be honest it shows how you view these people (working in supermarkets).

Calling anyone a c**t was bang out of a line and you just lowered yourself to the scum that I scrape off the bottom of my boot before I walk in doors.

There are ways to deal with issues and you don't appear to know any of then,

If I was one of those staff members I'd be damn happy I ignored you (if thats what actually happened) and to be honest after the name calling I'd look for you to be banned from the store if this was at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Well i phoned customer service number on their web site and was answered by a lovely lady with an erotic upper class British accent who took my details,within 15 mins the manager from Poleberry called me and explaned how important the customer is to tesco and staff are instructed not to discuss personal lives with each other while on check out duty.He also told me that a number of staff were scheduled for retraining because of this problem.It was all very polite and civilised and managed.

Did you also tell them you called the girl on the till a c*nt? i bet you didn't!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is the assistant manager a kind of short enough chap with black hair? Probably in his mid-thirties?

No, his picture is beside the Customer Service Desk, he's older than thirties! Must have been one of the duty managers.

@ Deisemum, You should have complained, nobody allows cursing on the shop floor...anywhere. I asked customers not to curse in the toy section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

No, his picture is beside the Customer Service Desk, he's older than thirties! Must have been one of the duty managers.

@ Deisemum, You should have complained, nobody allows cursing on the shop floor...anywhere. I asked customers not to curse in the toy section.

I did complain to head office but as expected didn't even get an acknowledgement and I also mentioned it to the girl at the checkout and her supervisor that someone inform the individual that his swearing on the shop floor is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I know what it's like to be simply ignored at the desk of a shop when the person working there isn't doing anything else except chatting, it is infuriating. Maybe calling the person the c word is a bit harsh, but I still agree with telling them how ignorant and rude they are.

I used to have a manager in Tesco who tried to get staff to stop chatting while stacking shelves. So, 2 people working side by side working happily away couldn't exchange pleasantries without the manager going "Shush" :D

Another Tesco manager used to have the motto "Fcuk the customer". I'm not exaggerating. If ever we went looking for something in particular at the customer's request, he thought it was just a waste of time if it took longer than 30 seconds, and so he would say "fcuk the customer" :p

firstly i like to say that it was rude of them to be chatting and for the c word to be used,but Jesus let's drop it and move on whats done it done.

• Advertisement

firstly i like to say that it was rude of them to be chatting and for the c word to be used,but Jesus let's drop it and move on whats done it done.

considering your the first person to comment here for the last couple of hours.......................................:rolleyes:

Icky Thump wrote: »
    considering your the first person to comment here for the last couple of hours.......................................:rolleyes:

sorry about that not been online..lol..:o

Another Tesco manager used to have the motto "Fcuk the customer". I'm not exaggerating. If ever we went looking for something in particular at the customer's request, he thought it was just a waste of time if it took longer than 30 seconds, and so he would say "fcuk the customer"

Bloody hell, (excuse the swearing!), where do they get these people? We've bought TV's in other stores and brought them to the local store and refunded them so customers could buy them and this person can't look in a stockroom?

Do the staff in these stores think Tesco wouldn't close a store at the drop of a hat? They would just cost out staff re-deployment and a buy out of lease and just do it. No doubt about it.

I am not starting a rumour, but it could happen in the morning, just like that, it would just be a budgeting decision to them.

They cleared out Head Office in south Dublin in weeks.

I really do wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

HANGMAN !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Bloody hell, (excuse the swearing!), where do they get these people? We've bought TV's in other stores and brought them to the local store and refunded them so customers could buy them and this person can't look in a stockroom?

Do the staff in these stores think Tesco wouldn't close a store at the drop of a hat? They would just cost out staff re-deployment and a buy out of lease and just do it. No doubt about it.

I am not starting a rumour, but it could happen in the morning, just like that, it would just be a budgeting decision to them.

They cleared out Head Office in south Dublin in weeks.

I really do wonder....

I doubt they would close every single store in Ireland. I'm really starting to think, that Tesco is only run properly inside of Dublin !

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Never heard of Tesco closing down any store..

They opened a new one in Ballybeg 12 months ago and I'd say its losing them a fortune.. I heard it being said they will trade at a loss for 5 years rather then close it, they will eventually give stuff away for near nothing just to get people in..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Went to Tesco poleberry this morning to use their coin counter but it was out of order,I went to customer service to ask if any other Tesco branch had one.There was two people in front of me,a chap buying a newspaper and a female tesco supervisor(the one's in the blue two piece suit) who was at the counter with a bar of choclate,her and the mule behind the counter proceeded to enter a full blown conversation about booking hoildays,when the mule behind the counter decided to serve the chap in front of me she barely acknowledged him just to take money as she continued her "chat"as i walked up to the counter she turned away from me and kept talking to her supervisor,ignoreing me.Only when i started to walk away did she acknowledge me.I said"You continue on and don't mind me you ignorant cnut"and walked out.This siht really pisses me off,as if i don't exsist,and she was on customer service,some joke.Rant over.
    Next question does anyone know where there is another coin counter located in Waterford,preferably not tesco.
    Thank's in advance.

I've always found them pleasant in my dealings, afaik they had a significant reduction in staff over the past few years.

If you have a problem with the staff talk to the manager/supervisor, it's not acceptable I agree with you,but bitching about it gets you no-where.

I also had an issue in Ardkeen regarding iTunes gift cards, you could not purchase them on the express tills. I was told to queue at a regular till manned by a cashier. I argued that I shouldn't have to queue at a regular till, there was no disclaimer on the iTunes card / on the express till to tell me i couldn't purchase it there. I made a complaint and get an apology from the manager along with a reason why they couldn't be purchased.

sorry about that not been online..lol..:o

its ok i was joking:D im a bit of a jerk that way lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

bloody auld biddies going to the self service tills with full trolleys of groceries, with not enough space in the bagging area, stuff starts falling off, the aul b*tch doing the voice in the machine won't stop saying "please remove item from bagging area" now that wrecks my buzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I know what it's like to be simply ignored at the desk of a shop when the person working there isn't doing anything else except chatting, it is infuriating. Maybe calling the person the c word is a bit harsh, but I still agree with telling them how ignorant and rude they are.

I used to have a manager in Tesco who tried to get staff to stop chatting while stacking shelves. So, 2 people working side by side working happily away couldn't exchange pleasantries without the manager going "Shush" :D

Another Tesco manager used to have the motto "Fcuk the customer". I'm not exaggerating. If ever we went looking for something in particular at the customer's request, he thought it was just a waste of time if it took longer than 30 seconds, and so he would say "fcuk the customer" :p

Amy chance this guys name was Mike? sounds very familiar :)

Advertisement