Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Poleberry customer service.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

HANGMAN !!!

What would you expect out of a pig.
    Only a grunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I was abused by a woman on reception phone at tesco ballybeg once. Im not even exadurating this woman was nuts, I actually had to ask was it a wind up and did she actually work there. She was screaming at me and wouldn't put me onto a manager when I asked.

I rang and complained and never heard a word back. I will never shop in tesco ballybeg again because of that. I genuinely to this day, believe that woman should be locked into a mental institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

kryogen wrote: »
    Amy chance this guys name was Mike? sounds very familiar :)

No, his name wasn't Mike. This must be more common than we think. In fairness to the person I'm on about, he was a sound enough fella and a good manager in terms of organising products and staff. He obviously wouldn't tell the customer to fcuk off to their face.
    michellie wrote: »
    I was abused by a woman on reception phone at tesco ballybeg once. Im not even exadurating this woman was nuts, I actually had to ask was it a wind up and did she actually work there. She was screaming at me and wouldn't put me onto a manager when I asked.

I rang and complained and never heard a word back. I will never shop in tesco ballybeg again because of that. I genuinely to this day, believe that woman should be locked into a mental institute.

Sounds strange, what exactly happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dan133269 wrote: »
    No, his name wasn't Mike. This must be more common than we think. In fairness to the person I'm on about, he was a sound enough fella and a good manager in terms of organising products and staff. He obviously wouldn't tell the customer to fcuk off to their face.

Sounds strange, what exactly happened?

Yeah all very similar to my former manager Mike, great guy to work for, very good to the customers face obviously and excellent at his job in terms of organising and getting staff to want to work well for him

Just hated the customers getting in his way :) nice chap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cjgib

I agree the customer service in Tesco is the pits with the exception of the restaurant in Ardkeen.The girls there are very pleasant and helpful,could'nt be better and the prices are incredibly low..croissant and coffee 2.40.you could pay a fiver down town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

why are so many people hung up on this costomer service thingy, ffs
    go to tesco...get a trolly...grab your shopping...pay at checkout...and fcuk home,
    easy peasy,

and say hello and goodbye to the lovely girls at the checkout if you want

go to tesco...get a trolly...grab your shopping...pay at checkout...and fcuk home,
    easy peasy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

easy peasy,

in the days where every cent and every customer counts. in a day where companies shut all over. in a day where companies worry that any day their loss making business could go belly up....................... customer service matters

now you might be ok with me treating you like a d#ckhead but i call assure you not everyone would be as welcome to that treatment

so people have every right to be hung up on this "thingy"

my advice to you mate is dont start a company with attitude like that because you wont go far

Icky Thump wrote: »
    in the days where every cent and every customer counts. in a day where companies shut all over. in a day where companies worry that any day their loss making business could go belly up....................... customer service matters

now you might be ok with me treating you like a d#ckhead but i call assure you not everyone would be as welcome to that treatment

so people have every right to be hung up on this "thingy"

my advice to you mate is dont start a company with attitude like that because you wont go far

just because im not an ignorant pig who go around supermarkets calling young girls the c word just because i tought they were ignoring me,
    its the fella who started this topic that would want to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

just because im not an ignorant pig who go around supermarkets calling young girls the c word just because i tought they were ignoring me,
    its the fella who started this topic that would want to cop on.

(not assuming you havent read the thread but) we all agree on here that the OP was out of line and that the story might not be completly accurate.

that being said alot of the other stuff we have been talking about is basic stuff that is expected from a company in relation to customer service. it doesnt take alot to be nice to customers no matter how irritable they can be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

cjgib wrote: »
    I agree the customer service in Tesco is the pits with the exception of the restaurant in Ardkeen.The girls there are very pleasant and helpful,could'nt be better and the prices are incredibly low..croissant and coffee 2.40.you could pay a fiver down town.

rather pay the fiver in town then drink coffee in a supermarket out in the sticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

What would you expect out of a pig.
    Only a grunt.

good come back :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

just because im not an ignorant pig

yeah you wouldn't think it to look at your boardsie name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

cjgib wrote: »

I would have to disagree with you about the service in here. Was out there one Sunday and the girl who was on (black hair 30s) was possibly the most rude person I've ever been served by in any shop.

The place was dead quiet so she wasn't under pressure or anything. I picked up what I was looking for and brought it to the counter. She was out cleaning a table so I gave it a minute until she saw me. She did see me waiting and proceeded to move onto another table to clean that as well.

I decided I'd had enough so I took my stuff and sat down and proceeded to start eating. She didn't like this one bit and rushed over to me to say I couldn't do that. I said I assumed when you wouldn't serve me that I would pay afterwards. I wasn't rude about it but I wasn't going to wait all day while she cleaned the whole place.

Went up to the till with her and got overcharged. I told her she had overcharged me and got no hint of an apology from her. You would swear I had stabbed her puppy the glare she gave me when she gave me back the correct change.

Must be horrible to be that sort of a person who gets into such bad humour when they are working. It doesn't seem that bad a job.

However I did stop short of calling her a c*nt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

Had a bad experience in Easons in Cork when buying exam papers

I couldn't find the higher level english so i told one of the girls

she just said did you check down at the end

i said i checked there already

and she raised her voice really loud and says 'Well then we don't have them!!'

Judging by the loudness of her tone it's clear that they didn't have them, but I was taken back at the rudeness

i felt uncomfortable, i felt like reporting her to her supervisor

I know it's a stressful environment and they might be under pressure

but she had no right to raise her voice.. all she had to do was tell me politely

and I would have no problem

It's bugging me that I let her get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

cooranig23 wrote: »
    Had a bad experience in Easons in Cork when buying exam papers

I couldn't find the higher level english so i told one of the girls

she just said did you check down at the end

i said i checked there already

and she raised her voice really loud and says 'Well then we don't have them!!'

Judging by the loudness of her tone it's clear that they didn't have them, but I was taken back at the rudeness

i felt uncomfortable, i felt like reporting her to her supervisor

I know it's a stressful environment and they might be under pressure

but she had no right to raise her voice.. all she had to do was tell me politely

and I would have no problem

It's bugging me that I let her get away with it

I know what you mean. I had a delivery man tell me to fúck out of his way, when I wasn't in his way and all he had to do was say excuse me and I would have stepped aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Next question does anyone know where there is another coin counter located in Waterford,preferably not tesco.
    Thank's in advance.

The bank. It's free. You just bag them up and pay them in. I don't understand why anybody would pay 10% of the coins value just to count them.

By the way, I also find Tesco Poleberry staff shockingly poor in the area of customer service. The was one exception recently though. A woman with a Northern sounding accent saw me eyeing up the bread and asked me if I needed any help. I told her I was trying to work out which bread offered the best value. She not only helped me (I didn't really need help with that though) but she also picked the freshest, longest-life loaves for me, from the back of the shelf. She told me the freshest are always at the back (I know this anyway) and recommended that I always take from the back, all the time. Suits me. So now whenever I'm in Tesco (usually Ardkeen), I always take the newest produce. Onions, tomatoes, I always lift up the tray and take the new stuff. Just like Tesco staff advised.

I tell you something that riles me about Tesco. The wretched bloody pricing of things. Items that are "on offer" can be more expensive than those that aren't (those that are in a smaller bottle, for example). I always look at price per kilo or per litre when decided which is better value, and pay little attention to the actual price of the item. But you have to be careful with that in Tesco, too. Often the price per kilo of items is wrong. Also, if items are on special offer, such as 2 for €5 for example, they don't correct the price per kilo accordingly. So you have to work it out manually. And, quite often, it's cheaper to get that that is not "on offer".

Tesco also have this sneaky thing whereby if an item is, say, 95c and it's been 95c for months and months, they'll increase it to €1.04 for a week or so, then cut it to 99c and make a big song and dance about the price cut. When in reality all they've done is increase a 95c item to 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Tesco also have this sneaky thing whereby if an item is, say, 95c and it's been 95c for months and months, they'll increase it to €1.04 for a week or so, then cut it to 99c and make a big song and dance about the price cut. When in reality all they've done is increase a 95c item to 99c.

That's illegal - well at least it used to be an I imgaine it still is. I thought they could only call a price special or reduced if the old price was there for something like 28 days (I heard this about 15 years ago so I may have remembered it incorrectly or it may have changed).

I agree on the issue about how they often charge more for larger items. It is usually the case that the pack of 20 slices of cheese is a good bit more expensive than two ten packs. I suppose in the same way that the lotto is often seen as a tax on the stupid this approach is kind of like a tax on the lazy. However, I've always thought that if there's a big yellow sticker on something then it should really represent value as people don't often have time to compared every price of every potential item.

Advertisement