Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice little CCTV device anyone ever used a Digital House Sitter?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I saw this on an offer thought it was quite a cute device. Anyone any experience of these? Is it just a novelty product that will break in a few months? PS mods I guess its not a CCTV device per say more a camera type thing. I cant see a website for the actual product itself though!

http://www.gruupy.com/deals/595?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F

Get complete protection with the digital house-sitter which texts you, sends you photographs and even transmits your voice in real time. It's the perfect security solution!

This simple, but effective solution is the perfect way to make sure your house is okay while you're not around.
    This camera alerts you to movement in your home, and then texts you and sends pictures of what's going on to your phone and/or email address.
    The camera features a built-in motion sensor to let you know as soon as there's movement.
    You can even call the camera, letting you hear what's happening in your house as well as broadcasting your voice to any intruders or family members.
    This package also includes two door sensors, a smoke sensor and two panic buttons for all-round protection.
    Incredibly easy to set up and configure.
    No Internet connection required, this keeps you informed using only a SIM card!
    This system works with almost any mobile phone, from the simple mobile without picture functionality to the latest smartphones.
    Infrared camera also takes pictures in night vision, so you always know exactly what you're dealing with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

A bit of a delayed response to this but hope someone can help. i bought this product just as gruupy went bust. Tried a few times to contact gruupy, but got fobbed off with bad advice/links. The last mail was an email link to a website that doesnt actually have the product??

anyway, it arrived and came in a white box with no instructions. I googled a bit but found nothing useful....anyway, i put it away for a bit out of annoyance...and now im determined to set it up. The box is white. there are no instructions and no labels. I dont know who makes it. it came with a smoke detector, and TBH, Im not entirely sure which parts go with which device.(there are four sensors and two remote controls) There is no USB cable, so i used a camera cable....windows just tells me its an unrecognisable device.....there is a reset button / a slide button and a set button....the set button makes a beeping noise....but nothing happens.. there is nothing on the display...nothing happens when i connect the usb.......ANY ADVICE ANYONE??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

More than likely you need a driver for it to work with windows. Any pictures of the gear?

did some digging around and think i found it. its called Minder by CNM.

There is a link to a photo of it on Donedeal (perhaps someone is selling it for the same reason)
    http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=11149859&ad=3252039&s3=true

Just mailed CnM secure - they dont have the product on their website, but maybe I'll be in luck and they'll send me a link to a driver or an instruction booklet.

thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hopefully they will get you sorted so..

Not really that important, but I finally got the CCTV working thanks to the customer services at CnM.
    Its a really cool gadget!!! If anyone needs advice on how to set it up, drop me a PM. Without instructions, it's impossible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement