Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone know where I can get these in Ireland (Cork)? Any online place sell then that won't tear the arse out of my wallet posting them to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

locaoimh wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get these in Ireland (Cork)? Any online place sell then that won't tear the arse out of my wallet posting them to me?

I'm not sure about Cork, there are a few places in Dublin that sell them.

I got a wholesale amount of chipotles from the Cool Chile Company and made my own chipotles en adobo. They ship to Ireland. They also sell the readymade sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 locaoimh

trackguy wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Cork, there are a few places in Dublin that sell them.

I got a wholesale amount of chipotles from the Cool Chile Company and made my own chipotles en adobo. They ship to Ireland. They also sell the readymade sauce.

What recipe did you use? I'd have no probs making my own (assuming it is not too difficult)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I am having a problem myself, they no longer have them in Fallon and Byrne in Dublin so I will have to get them on the internet I think. I dont know anywhere in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I bought some from Cool Chilli today. Just got an email saying that they'll be with me tomorrow. :D

The form on the site won't work if you don't enter a postcode. Enter 11111 and it'll work. :)

You can get dried chipotles in Tescos. It was 2.49(ish) for 14g. Which seems very expensive given that you can get 100g on ebay for 8.30 incuding postage. So I think I might buy some dried ones and attempt to make my own. It would be nice though to taste them first for a reference point.

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    I bought some from Cool Chilli today. Just got an email saying that they'll be with me tomorrow. :D

The form on the site won't work if you don't enter a postcode. Enter 11111 and it'll work. :)

The postage is putting me off this site. £5 postage on a £4 jar is just too much. I know if I ordered more it reduces but even at 5 jars it works out at €7.50 a jar.

Fallon & Byrne in Dublin have them, not sure if that'll help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

locaoimh wrote: »
    The postage is putting me off this site. £5 postage on a £4 jar is just too much. I know if I ordered more it reduces but even at 5 jars it works out at €7.50 a jar.
    Dónal wrote: »
    Fallon & Byrne in Dublin have them, not sure if that'll help.

F&B were out and didn't know when they would be getting more. I got a few things and figured the postage was worth it compared with two buses into the city centre + the effort of getting off my lazy ass. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

FYI Dublin chipotle lovers - Taco Taco in the Epicurean Hall sell chipotles in adobo & so did Azteca up by Dublin castle the last time I was in there.

Also http://www.almacenlatino.com/ (owned & run by the lovely lady at amexicancookinireland) ships Mexican ingredients all over Ireland at €8 standard delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I use chipotles in adobo quite often, so I tend to cook up a batch every month or so and keep them on hand in a jar in the refrigerator.

25g dried chipotles (or 2 of the Tesco pkgs), stemmed and slit lengthwise
    1/2 a medium onion, thinly sliced
    2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup ketchup
    5 Tablespoons cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3 cups water

Everything into a pot. Cover and simmer over low heat about 1-1/2 hours, reducing the liquid to about 1 cup (it's okay to uncover the pot to reduce the liquid, if necessary).

Your house is gonna smell fantastic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement