Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player purge

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Hi all - we are back up to 100 members, and really need to do a purge.

Dan - do you have the list of inactive members? I'd like to have this done today.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Last time I checked we had no member who was not active (i.e. page update) in the last 45 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    Last time I checked we had no member who was not active (i.e. page update) in the last 45 days.

Well I think we're going to have to be a bit more ruthless.

We have a very active player base right now, and have applications from TIICD members who WILL be very active.

Here is a list of players who have not been active in over 1 month:

EIREPANZER

And here is a list of player that while they may have been active in the game, have not been active with the clan:

Eireabu
    daigo75
    w00t57
    theottovonbismark
    Rakanisheu
    PapaTank
    nineball777
    iScream
    IrishGrimReaper
    Ireland2006
    Copeyhagen
    dublngar
    Therminator36

While I know some of these guys have been on here and there (Therm in particular) we really have to start looking at it from a clan participation point of view.

Copey for instance, logged on yesterday, typed up 'this game is sh1t, see ya folks' or something similar and logged off.

So just because their account might show activity is no longer good enough from the clans requirements. (you'll probably find most of these guys haven't added their boards / game nicks here yet either).

So, unless any of these players can post up their reasons for wishing to remain in the clan, I propose these players will be deleted from the clan list by 11pm tonight.

We have many very active members, and more that wish to be active members that will be of much greater value to the clan. The guys can obviously re-apply, or indeed apply to TIICD support clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I agree with Dub. Just because a player has logged on to play a few random battles doesn't make them active within the clan.

Another name that hasn't been mentioned (and I feel a bit bad bringing him up) is DeWinterZero. Been in the clan a very long and part of the command structure at one stage but he did state it was his intent to quit the game or at least to move on to another.

Edit: Just saw Therminator36 up there. Guy always showed up for CW when he was on. His inactivity is mainly based on him being busy with college, iirc. Just an idea that maybe he should be kept until last possible moment as he may be back anytime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Taken from the other thread; these are the current B-IE members (excluding the two who joined in the last 24h) with out access to this forum:
    • Adorno
    • alexisawsome1996
    • Belisarius
    • Chachee
    • DeantheBlake
    • DeWinterZero
    • dublingar
    • Eireabu
    • EIREPANZER
    • Enda_Kenny
    • exbuzzz
    • Fat_Mover
    • Flackster
    • Glaskopft
    • Gregolego1
    • hotbeacon1
    • Huntsekker
    • InspiredFury
    • Ireland2006
    • IRemember
    • IrishGrimReaper
    • IrishWolf92
    • iScream
    • klesk
    • Lejaby
    • nineball777
    • One_Kal_El
    • PapaTank
    • PeeWee1
    • purescouse
    • Rakanisheu
    • rob1779
    • setanta68
    • Seth2508
    • Therminator36
    • zh1

Well from that list, it would be quite easy to get a list of inactive 'members'.

A lot of the guys on that list are merged members from TIICD who we know are currently active.

The older B-IE members who haven't bothered yet, I would bet never will and can most likely be removed to make way for active members.

We have 2 applications pending, of which neither can be accepted because we are full!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

go for it .... least active first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Flackster has quit, so that's one easy removal straight away.

Spear wrote: »
    Flackster has quit, so that's one easy removal straight away.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

<edit: mis-read about the list>. I'm looking at an attendance possibility of maybe 2 nights per week, if there's more active than that hungry for a spot I'll head for the support clan with no quibbles.

While I'd prefer to stay in the main clan no point excluding a more active player, who maybe has a tier10 tank. (I'm still chugging along in me IS-4)

Just something to note if you're upping the bar.

BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    <edit: mis-read about the list>. I'm looking at an attendance possibility of maybe 2 nights per week, if there's more active than that hungry for a spot I'll head for the support clan with no quibbles.

While I'd prefer to stay in the main clan no point excluding a more active player, who maybe has a tier10 tank. (I'm still chugging along in me IS-4)

Just something to note if you're upping the bar.

You're still active Ryaner, there are many players who are in line well before we'd get to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

funnily enough dewinter logged in yesterday but didnt say hello or anything,I agree as guys have to be willing to participate , some people just want a clan tag .
    Therm always comes on when hes on his hols & is always available for CW

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    funnily enough dewinter logged in yesterday but didnt say hello or anything,I agree as guys have to be willing to participate , some people just want a clan tag .
    Therm always comes on when hes on his hols & is always available for CW

Therm I had hinted to above that is always active when he's on. More than happy to keep a member of his quality.

On the DeWinter note - he has toyed with giving up WoT, and I know he mainly plays BF3 these days. So he would probably be up for the 'chop' so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

iscream could go as well. he barly played in CW when he had 1 of the few is7s when i joined

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    iscream could go as well. he barly played in CW when he had 1 of the few is7s when i joined

I've him on my list. Completely unreliable iirc.

Actually, I've decided to be ruthless. Unless anyone has any particular objection, the following members are going to be purged by tonight (pending agreement from DC's):

EIREPANZER
    Eirebu
    iScream
    daigo75
    w00t57
    Rakanisheu
    PapaTank
    nineball777
    Ireland2006
    IrishGrimReaper
    Copeyhagen
    Dublingar
    UncleSeano
    TheOttovonbismark
    Bruffio

Flackster has been removed already.

All players are fully entitled to re-apply to the clan at a later stage, but right now we need the space for active members.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

LOL poor Bruffio :p;):D

LOL poor Bruffio :p;):D

Holy mother of jaysus, how did his name get there...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Oh my, how did his name get there...

Oh my, how did his name get there...

Oh my,

Something you not telling is there Dub, that was very ...... feminine

:D:D:D:D

Bloody hell, it was. Apologies.

Fixed :D

DaMadGinger has posted in the confirmation thread that he'll be leaving for the support clan due to not having the time for CW anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Destroyed

Poor bruffio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

while i have no problems with the above as cw dont interest me in the least, my brother (dublingar) still plays pretty regularly. he also has a 5 month old child

copeyhagen wrote: »
    while i have no problems with the above as cw dont interest me in the least, my brother (dublingar) still plays pretty regularly. he also has a 5 month old child

Ah its nothing personal at all with anyone, its merely from the clans point of view we're lookiong to get as many active, and CW ready members as possible at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

Holy mother of jaysus, how did his name get there...

damn knew there was something dodgy about religon back in school we were thaught about jesus,s mother damn preist,s:):)and i sure some had this shape mouth at some point:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Ah its nothing personal at all with anyone, its merely from the clans point of view we're lookiong to get as many active, and CW ready members as possible at this stage.

ill ask him what the craic is today, see if he would rather just have the odd game on his own, he probably would

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ill ask him what the craic is today, see if he would rather just have the odd game on his own, he probably would

Hey, its not just Gar, its anyone who isn't active. We do have a support clan for those that don't have the time / need to grind - but still want to have regular games with folk. Plus we're all in his friends list so he can always platoon up if he wants to.

Same goes for all members.

If all DC's could get back to me today in relation to the purge please do. We are very restricted for space at the moment.

Hi folks,

I will be sending this message to members today, who are on the exclusion list, unless anyone has any objections.
    Hi folks,

We have noticed you have not be very active the last while in B-IE.

Many things have happened over the past while with the clan, including a merger with another clan - The Iron Immortals.

This has left us in both a good, and a bad position.

We must have space in the clan for fully active, and clan war capable / ready members and unfortunately this does mean we must reduce the numbers in the clan by letting inactive players go.

The people who are receiving this message have been on our 'inactive' radar for a time, and a decision has been made to let you guys go from the clan, for the clans benefit, so we might have a higher percentage of active clan war members.

You are fully entitled to, and indeed invited to rejoin again in the future, or if you wish, join our sister clan - The Iron Immortals Support Division.
    worldoftanks.eu/community/clans/500004258-TIISD/

Please do not take this decision personally, as we have not made this decision lightly.

Best of luck in the future be it gaming with WoT or indeed IRL.

Regards,

Dublin_Gunner
    Commander

EIREPANZER
    Eirebu
    iScream
    daigo75
    w00t57
    Rakanisheu
    PapaTank
    nineball777
    Ireland2006