Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

up to 7mb-slow at peak times

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

our up to 7mb package slows to less than 0.5mbit at peak times which is unacceptable imo

eircom did a line check during off peak and found no fault-and also advised that if they sent a tech out i would be charged if he found no fault

as i was advised here that it's an issue with peak traffic i declined

can i pull out of the contract ? or do i have to prove it or what's the story

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

M cebee wrote: »
    our up to 7mb package slows to less than 0.5mbit at peak times which is unacceptable imo

eircom did a line check during off peak and found no fault-and also advised that if they sent a tech out i would be charged if he found no fault

as i was advised here that it's an issue with peak traffic i declined

can i pull out of the contract ? or do i have to prove it or what's the story

thanks

Hi M cebee,

I appreciate that there may be some congestion in an area at peak times as the exchange is not NGB enabled.

However the speeds you outlined are incredibly slow even taking into account possible congestion. Can you PM me with your telephone number to insure we still have the correct one for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

incredible but true

im getting 6-7mb in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

incredible but true

im getting 6-7mb in the morning

Hi M cebee,

I am afraid we can not make a decision regarding the contract without investigating in full (which may mean sending out a technican)

As you outlined there is a possible charge if the issue is found to be with the set up or third paty equipment.

Is that something you are not willing to try?

Thanks, Mark

the problem is congestion-what's the solution to that?
    the speed/ping drop from 6mb/70ms to 0.5mb/300ms at fairly predictable times

what would a technician find during the day?

will they charge me if they find nothing?

broadband tech support checked the line during daytime and said it's ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

the problem is congestion-what's the solution to that?
    the speed/ping drop from 6mb/70ms to 0.5mb/300ms at fairly predictable times

what would a technician find during the day?

will they charge me if they find nothing?

broadband tech support checked the line during daytime and said it's ok

Hi M cebee
    I can see that there is some issue with consistant connection. I have asked that your profile be reset, which may create a more stable connection speed. You should restart your modem and monitor this over the weekend and let me know if any improvement. We can monitor from our side for dis-connects.
    I hope this does help but let me know what you find and we can take action accordingly.
    Tony

• Advertisement

you didnt reset the router I hope

I have it setup for opendns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

you didnt reset the router I hope

I have it setup for opendns

No M cebee
    Just the connection profile. Have you noticed any difference...hopefully an improvement?
    Tony

Advertisement