Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service

• 16-01-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I have a Firebird Kerosene Boiler at home which is giving off a smell of fuel everytime its run which I dont think is normal.

I would like to give this a service can anyone recommend what needs to be done or what the potential problem is that is causing this. I've checked the obviously things like loose connections.

Basically I want to know if I get someone in to do a service what are they going to do for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Without knowing the model. Basically they will remove the burner, remove baffle plates, clean the combustion chamber/heat exchanger, remove and replace the nozzle, clean electrodes, photocell, check hydraulics, fire valve, replace flexi hose, check thermostats and controls, clean or replace filters, and generally check over the installation, the most important thing they will do is a flue gas analysis that will allow them to set up the boiler to give its max efficiency and cleanest operating mode, he will also then leave you a report and print out of the boiler FGA results..

Most important question you can ask the engineer before booking him is does he use a flue gas analyser, if they say no, so should you.

Advertisement