Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bring old runners?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 2:53pm

I've a few pair of runners that got too worn down/too full of holes to wear anymore and I'd rather not just throw them out if need be. In their current condition I'm not sure if any charity shops will accept them and don't know if I can put them in the clothes bin. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

sounds like all theyre good for is the bin tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I'd rather not just throw them out
    Why? Just bin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you won't wear them I'm pretty sure no-one else will either.
    Bring to a charity shop and ask maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Checks to see if this is After Hours.:confused:

I've a few pair of runners that got too worn down/too full of holes to wear anymore .....................In their current condition I'm not sure if any charity shops will accept them and don't know if I can put them in the clothes bin. ..................

Judging my your description they are only fit for the bin really. If you won't wear them due to their condition I can't see a charity shop offering them for sale, also if they are worn and they have holes I can't see anyone benefiting from them being donated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I've a few pair of runners that got too worn down/too full of holes to wear anymore and I'd rather not just throw them out if need be. In their current condition I'm not sure if any charity shops will accept them and don't know if I can put them in the clothes bin. Anyone have any ideas?

Lifestyle soprts used to have a box that takes old runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Dogs love to chew old shoes - more so young dogs.

The smellier the better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

The cash for clothes shop or whatever its called takes shoes. They wont give you much money but its better than nothing if you are near them anyway.
    There is one in westside and one on the tuam road

www.clearout.ie is the website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

just because someone is poor does not mean they will wear shoes with holes in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

biko wrote: »
    If you won't wear them I'm pretty sure no-one else will either.
    Bring to a charity shop and ask maybe.

it might come as a surprise to you, but charity shops do not accept clothes with holes in them as nobody will actually buy them and even if someone is destitute they do not deserve shoes that are already falling apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Runners are also accepted at the Council's yard in the Lisbaun Industrial Estate. I believe they're rendered down and turned into road surfacing or something like that, i.e. for professional running tracks.

Advertisement