Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

508 or insignia

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

f140 wrote: »
    agreed, looks sexy from the adds on the tv!

no i only go for main stream cars. id put hyandai and skodas on the same bandwagon. i could just imagine the first thing my father would say if i brought home a skoda -"sure didnt they take over from ladas" anyway have my mind set on either the insignia or 508. also i know the dealers for both quiet well.

It's genetic, so?
    Can't go buying a car that Daddy doesn't like!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

What about a Honda Accord? I quite like them. Maybe a bit expensive though.
    Or a Subaru Legacy. That would be kinda rare/different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

The op must be taking the piss the way he or she is going on. They are the perfect example of a badge snob who hasnt got the slightest clue about cars but would run to the bank for a loan they cant afford for a cheapest basic spec badge just to keep up appearances. Pretentious isn't the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

johnos1984 wrote: »

Sat in one of those a couple of weeks back and was well impressed. There might possibly be one replacing the fathers Mondeo in a few weeks depending on availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

EPM wrote: »
    Sat in one of those a couple of weeks back and was well impressed. There might possibly be one replacing the fathers Mondeo in a few weeks depending on availability.

I've not had a chance to sit in one yet but seeing them on the road of late and have to say they look impressive. TBH stick a high end badge on one and everyone would want it. The Kia version is even nicer.

Kia is certainly on my list of next cars.........in the form of a Pro_Ceed

I've not had a chance to sit in one yet but seeing them on the road of late and have to say they look impressive. TBH stick a high end badge on one and everyone would want it. The Kia version is even nicer.

Kia is certainly on my list of next cars.........in the form of a Pro_Ceed

If I'm in my parents place and I have a choice of a car to take it take the Ceed over the vrs or Mondeo. Give it dogs abuse and it's fine. Sisters boyfriend has a diesel Proceed and it's a cracker. Kia dealer down here does tuning under warranty too;)

The optima is going to be a bigger car than the i40, and nicer looking too.

Kia dealer down here does tuning under warranty too;)
    Interesting

I was only wondering this tonight. If they could be tuned up a bit or tastefully modded. I've always found them good with the six speed box to be honest, surprisingly fast.

What dealer is that btw?

I'll PM you. TBH I prefer the pre facelift. Nicer extras.

Not saying that in public, but pm me. TBH I prefer the pre facelift. Nicer extras.

Whats the difference?

The only thing I was keeping an eye out for was cruise Control and a sunroof..........I'm easily please

• Advertisement

Whats the difference?

The only thing I was keeping an eye out for was cruise Control and a sunroof..........I'm easily please

Cruise on one is rare. On an Irish one it would have to be a factory order, popular on UK ones.

Cruise on one is rare. On an Irish one it would have to be a factory order, popular on UK ones.
    I could always just wedge a plank of wood between the seat and pedal to keep it driving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Sorry to jump in on you lads but just out of interest, did Hyundai ever make a equivalent of the pro-ceed?The only one I can think of is the new Veloster?

166man wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in on you lads but just out of interest, did Hyundai ever make a equivalent of the pro-ceed?The only one I can think of is the new Veloster?

I assume not due to the fact the Coupe SIII filled the gap for a while

I could always just wedge a plank of wood between the seat and pedal to keep it driving :D

I'll write a letter to auntie gaybo about that.

I assume not due to the fact the Coupe SIII filled the gap for a while

Oh yeah forgot about the coupe, show's how little I know of Hyundai, Cheers John

• Advertisement

Oh yeah forgot about the coupe, show's how little I know of Hyundai, Cheers John

Most people have now:)

Most people have now:)

That's true, any word of the Genesis coupe with RWD and V6 reaching Irish shores I wonder?

That's true, any word of the Genesis coupe with RWD and V6 reaching Irish shores I wonder?

From what I know the current Genesis won't be coming......that said if the Celica sells in any numbers that could change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Peugeot stopped using Pininfarina to design their saloons. The last one Pininfarina designed was the 406.

The saloon was in-house. Only the coupe was by pininfarina.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

R.O.R wrote: »
    Utter tosh and piffle. Opel are the best manufacturer in Ireland for looking after warranty and out of warranty claims. That's based on a much larger sample group than your and that one you heard about from the bloke down the pubs' uncles' dog.

MUST BE TROLL

R.O.R I didnt hear it from a bloke in a pu b or uncles dog. Opel are crap, Im telling you that from my dealings. Maybe if you go through what I went through with them you will sort your statements out! Dont comment on what you dont know about! :mad:

• Advertisement

R.O.R I didnt hear it from a bloke in a pu b or uncles dog. Opel are crap, Im telling you that from my dealings. Maybe if you go through what I went through with them you will sort your statements out! Dont comment on what you dont know about! :mad:

Maybe the uncles cat then?;):D

Having read through your ''dealings'' it seems odd that you went to 3 seperate dealers in Donegal, Cavan and Roscommon? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

R.O.R. is a fleet manager and a pretty level headed and respected contributor around these parts. Did you ever consider that maybe you handled your dealings with the 4(?) different Opel garages and Opel Ireland badly ('everyone there a waster...not one decent person?':confused:)).

As for the OP...going for the most basic 508 or Vectra and he reckons Skoda is a 'poor man's car'):D... I actually don't think he's a troll. Just look around at the number of crap Paddy-spec cars sold here every year...

Maybe the uncles cat then?;):D

Having read through your ''dealings'' it seems odd that you went to 3 seperate dealers in Donegal, Cavan and Roscommon? :confused:

I do a lot of driving. and, i dont know if you are aware but if the car breaks down in warranty, the towtruck tends to take it to the nearest opel dealer. This seems to be the way Opel operate when I dealt with them. The car was orginally bought in cavan thats way I dealt so much with them.

The car broke down in Donegal so I dealt with them next as they were the nearest opel garage. Roscommon was the next! I travel all over Ireland with work. That Opel cost me a hell of a lot of money! :mad:

pburns wrote: »
    R.O.R. is a fleet manager and a pretty level headed and respected contributor around these parts. Did you ever consider that maybe you handled your dealings with the 4(?) different Opel garages and Opel Ireland badly ('everyone there a waster...not one decent person?':confused:)).

As for the OP...going for the most basic 508 or Vectra and he reckons Skoda is a 'poor man's car'):D... I actually don't think he's a troll. Just look around at the number of crap Paddy-spec cars sold here every year...

In fairness pburns, I did say Roscommon were great, they did everything they could to help! But they can only do what they are authourised to do by Opel themselves. My main issue is with Opel Ireland direct!!

Advertisement