Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Server Training

Options
  • 16-01-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All,

I am looking for a good course that is hands on in the following.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Install
    Group Policies
    Active Directory
    Server Admin

Not to pushed about the Cert I am looking for the hands on experience and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on who I should go with?

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

70-640 with labs I suppose. Its all easily done yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Yep, once you have the software (from the self-certification books from MS, MSDN, etc), you can use virtualisation to get as much hands-on experience as you like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Figured I throw my query here.
    So I have little to no knowledge on Windows Server,at I guess would it something simliar to an internal network which runs within a small business or college where the users are split into different groups and each group has different privileges/rights? or something along those lines?
    Obviously there's alot more to it so my question is can point to site that maybe goes through it?
    (A google search brings up a whole host of sites)

*would here be a good place to start maybe?
    http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/Home.aspx

Advertisement