Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm machinery show, Millstreet

• 16-01-2012 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭

Anybody going?

Admission 15 euro so its a bit steep but how much for kids? Thinking of going with the kids but assume they are in free:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Farmtrader

The same company are running the farm expo in Citywest this year think I'll go to that instead. I was at the show in Millstreet last year €15 is a bit steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just got it sorted. Kids free:) according to a rep just left.

Tis a bit dear but have one or two things to have a look at so may wander down after school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I might give a trip there too, it's Wed / Thurs its on I think? Normally busiest late in the day, it was after 7 we went the last time. The €15 is a bit Irish alright:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

the wives will be staying at home from this show so haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

€15 for Millstreet makes the ploughing championships a real bargain at €20. Millstreet is like a fun fair compared to the ploughing. Totally over priced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

€15 for Millstreet makes the ploughing championships a real bargain at €20. Millstreet is like a fun fair compared to the ploughing. Totally over priced.
    Have to agree with you on that.

But the bonus for me is it is near, no cows to milk or arrange for milking, and there are no muppets (best word i can think of for now:rolleyes:) trying to get to the fashion show/fun fair/fireplace sellers/whatever-non-farming-yoke-you-are-selling there. I'm not a big fan of crowds so i go early and see what i need to see and talk to who i need to talk to and go.

But 10 yoyos would be a damn sight fairer

• Registered Users Posts: 26 massey6480

Thinking of going to millstreet tomorrow any one been there today. Is it worth the entrance fee of E15 sounds a bit steep for a small show or am i under estimating the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

massey6480 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to millstreet tomorrow any one been there today. Is it worth the entrance fee of E15 sounds a bit steep for a small show or am i under estimating the show

Lots of machinery, tractors, mowers, tankers, slurry pumps, zero grazers, some construction equipment, some tool stands, 3 tyre companies, farm machinery dvds, boots and wellingtons, cattle handling equipment, car trailers, landlevellers, pto covers, greasers,

Was there tonight for 3 hours and enjoyed the wandering around. You wouldn't get a day out of it, no chance, 3 hours was enough for me. It's 2 big sheds effectively. crammed full of gear. Big enough crowd there tonight. At closing time i bought ratchet straps (10m) for €10 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

cjpm wrote: »
    Lots of machinery, tractors, mowers, tankers, slurry pumps, zero grazers, some construction equipment, some tool stands, 3 tyre companies, farm machinery dvds, boots and wellingtons, cattle handling equipment, car trailers, landlevellers, pto covers, greasers,

Was there tonight for 3 hours and enjoyed the wandering around. You wouldn't get a day out of it, no chance, 3 hours was enough for me. It's 2 big sheds effectively. crammed full of gear. Big enough crowd there tonight. At closing time i bought ratchet straps (10m) for €10 each.
    You should have bought that dvd you were watching beside the boots for €30 stand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

You should have bought that dvd you were watching beside the boots for €30 stand :D

You sell many Grass hopper?

Very enjoyable DVD by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

Tipp Man wrote: »
    You sell many Grass hopper?

Very enjoyable DVD by the way
    Cheers TM,we got on very well there and was super to meet lads who had seen it and get feed back.
    Met 6 lads there I hadnt seen for over 10 years.
    As this was our first show it was an eye opener to me of work involved in having a stand at these events but very enjoyable and worth the effort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

anybody price anything machinery wise. just wondering what prices different things you priced were. i didnt get and its the first year i missed with a few years.

Advertisement