Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Expansionism of late 19th/early 20th Centuries.

• 16-01-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing an extended essay for 3BA Historical Geography and am finding it slightly difficult to find much information on the above topic. Anyone any suggestions about certain authors or experts in this area?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've tried the library online resources but only found some basic info. Know it's a pretty obscure topic but....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

NUIG -> Japan

I think you'll get more answers here, OP.
    Also take a look at this thread in History & Heritage. May give you more resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BirrDude

RolandIRL wrote: »
    NUIG -> Japan

I think you'll get more answers here, OP.
    Also take a look at this thread in History & Heritage. May give you more resources.

Cheers, will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

Eric Hobsbawm's 'The Age of Capital' has a concise chapter on Meiji Resoration era Japan and it's industrial expansion within a wider international context.

Fascinating period of Japanese history.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BirrDude

RadioClash wrote: »
    Eric Hobsbawm's 'The Age of Capital' has a concise chapter on Meiji Resoration era Japan and it's industrial expansion within a wider international context.

Fascinating period of Japanese history.

Cheers.

Advertisement