Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B-IE Member Tank requirements

Options
  • 16-01-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I wanted to see from you all what you think are fair membership requirements for B-IE, especially now considering we have the TIISD support clan to get members grinding up their tanks.

While I don't think this should be exhaustive (some clans require a particular minimum damage per round etc) it should indeed give a good indication to potential members of what stage this clan is at.

In my opinion, we are now mostly a competitive, CW playing clan, and wish to compete in ESL also, but CW is our main thrust of motivation.

Our current requirements are simple - at least a Tier 8 tank or Tier 7 arty.

I propose a simple change:

Minimum Tier 9 tank / TD, Tier 7 Arty.

The reason is simple, someone in a tier 8 tank (considering our high tier levels now) is realistically not going to get a go in CW etc

And considering the grind from Tier 8 to Tier 9 is probably one of the hardest, these players are really only getting into the clan to grind - which is the purpose of the support clan.

We have such a range of Tier 10's now, that even Tier 9 doesn't make it in most days.

I believe that simple change is fairer on our current high tier members, and is fairer in the long run on players who are only on Tier 8.

It also stops inexperienced players meeting requirements by buying a Premium Tier 8.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

Fine in theory, but, from my limited exposure since our new additions I'd still question if we have enough active players.

How many times have we had 2 full teams? Any time I've been involved is to plug the gaps in the 2nd line team, which always seems to be a few short, and we're in the situation of hoping the other team are in a similar position.

I've no problems with upping the bar, but are you going to push out say a tier 8 who at least is there for the 2nd line battles. Or are we confident that the new high tier guys will be around a lot?

Again, it's anecdotal evidence on my part, you may well tell me it's 30 people constantly turning up for CW. I hope this isn't construed as nit picking, :) I'm just asking if the quality and numbers are there to up the ante.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    Fine in theory, but, from my limited exposure since our new additions I'd still question if we have enough active players.

How many times have we had 2 full teams? Any time I've been involved is to plug the gaps in the 2nd line team, which always seems to be a few short, and we're in the situation of hoping the other team are in a similar position.

I've no problems with upping the bar, but are you going to push out say a tier 8 who at least is there for the 2nd line battles. Or are we confident that the new high tier guys will be around a lot?

Again, it's anecdotal evidence on my part, you may well tell me it's 30 people constantly turning up for CW. I hope this isn't construed as nit picking, :) I'm just asking if the quality and numbers are there to up the ante.

All valid concerns Ryaner :)

However, of late, we have had 2 full teams running at the same time most evenings when battles overlap. Its a fantastic position to be in.

Hopefully if we manage to purge a lot of the inactive players, their spots will be filled with more active players.

Its also fairer IMO on the lower tier players - we often have / had situations where we'd have a tier 8 player in a team, but then a tier 9 or 10 shows up and they get the boot - regardless of how many times that player turns up, they never made it into a team - apart from what we used to call the 'b' team which a lot of the time ended up being cannon fodder - which isn't fair on anyone.

We also do now have the luxury of the TIISD support clan where players can sign up and grind to their high tier tanks, and then of course anyone is fully entitled to, and invited to re-apply once they get their garage up to standard.

As I said, this is just IMO, and all comments are welcome :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only a minor note Dublin but that's TIISD (The Iron Immortal Support Division rather the Clan divsion which is merging to us :P )

Nody wrote: »
    Only a minor note Dublin but that's TIISD (The Iron Immortal Support Division rather the Clan divsion which is merging to us :P )

TY - I never actually knew that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Nody wrote: »

Ok here is my suggestion,

B-IE Active players in, must have a min of 1 t10 heavy or t9 medium or t9 TD or T8 arty

TIICD can be our support clan where the only requirement is to have say a min of 1500 battles played- players that are new to B-IE should have to spend a trial period in this clan where the CC or DCs can see if he/she are active enough over time to get promoted and to make sure we dont let any (seems ott maybe) but potential spys into B-IE directly, we would have an idea after time as to the new recruits ability and also the people in TIICD wont feel over looked in promotion

TIISD can be for brand new recruits who havent reached 1500 battles yet, maybe special talents under 1500 could get brought into TIICD if deemed appropriate.

Just a suggestion

• Advertisement

If you want to harden the line for B-IE then pull the trigger. You've already made moves in this direction so it should continue. No point in being semi-serious, may as well be serious serious.

For the moment as there are people who turn up but not always in top tier stuff (myself for example) who you don't want to kick to the support clan. So maybe a list of players, some who are "safely" in B-IE and others who aren't up the scratch yet. If a new player comes along who makes the cut this obviously pushes the "cut line" down, squeezing out the bottom person. You don't have to make this list public but should someone not making the cut be asked to step into the support clan then it shouldn't be too hard to take.

Also, the required tanks could change. If you get a whole slew of Tier 8 arty and you've too much then close that requirement. Keep the profile of tanks in B-IE as useful as possible.

I know it's all a work in progress I just thought I'd lob that in there as there was some discussion last night about policy.

BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    If you want to harden the line for B-IE then pull the trigger. You've already made moves in this direction so it should continue. No point in being semi-serious, may as well be serious serious.

For the moment as there are people who turn up but not always in top tier stuff (myself for example) who you don't want to kick to the support clan. So maybe a list of players, some who are "safely" in B-IE and others who aren't up the scratch yet. If a new player comes along who makes the cut this obviously pushes the "cut line" down, squeezing out the bottom person. You don't have to make this list public but should someone not making the cut be asked to step into the support clan then it shouldn't be too hard to take.

Also, the required tanks could change. If you get a whole slew of Tier 8 arty and you've too much then close that requirement. Keep the profile of tanks in B-IE as useful as possible.

I know it's all a work in progress I just thought I'd lob that in there as there was some discussion last night about policy.

No player that is already an active member of B-IE will be getting kicked. I can assure everyone of that!

The procedures and requirements are for new applicants only.

We are close to approving a new applicant / recruiting procedure including the requirements. As soon as this is finalised, it will be posted for everyone to see.

that's cool. It was more a "take it on the chin" comment if it came down to that.

Advertisement