Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to Board Forum mods

Options
  • 16-01-2012 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

shouldn't SWTOR now have its own sub forum like the way WoT, WoW & Eve Online do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think you want this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056476246

it won't be long from the looks of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would wait personally.

Sub-forums invariably end up like ghost towns and god knows we don't need another one. Recent MMO's have usually died after a couple of months so we need to see if swtor will be a success yet. There is alot of interest in it now but its still in its infancy and that may not last.

Personally, I think it has alot of legs but the proof is in the pudding. We have 5 or 6 threads in here. If it was me, I'd just leave it there for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Kirby wrote: »
    I would wait personally.

Sub-forums invariably end up like ghost towns and god knows we don't need another one. Recent MMO's have usually died after a couple of months so we need to see if swtor will be a success yet. There is alot of interest in it now but its still in its infancy and that may not last.

Personally, I think it has alot of legs but the proof is in the pudding. We have 5 or 6 threads in here. If it was me, I'd just leave it there for the time being.

Id agree with the above, nearly everything that needs to be discussed about TOR is being discussed right here and the fact is that the activity of forum members regarding TOR has gone down compared to the first 2 weeks (happens with all MMO's on here). If there is sudden surge in threads again then it should be considered but as it stands its really not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agree with Kirby,

Typically these requests are put in with the "expectation" of traffic and not the proof.

Already there has been a fair Exodus of traffic from Swtor, and there hasn't been ANY actually interesting topics about the game, in terms of class mechanics, builds strategies etc.

Would probably become another dead weight forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

games goin downhill quick,seems like at least half the people who showed an interest in the game on boards before launch will not be resubbing, mayb a special forum for it will not be needed afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CyberJuice wrote: »
    games goin downhill quick,seems like at least half the people who showed an interest in the game on boards before launch will not be resubbing, mayb a special forum for it will not be needed afterall

While that might be true of some of the regular posters, I would be reluctant to be so bold to declare "interest" to be waning.

Bear in mind, people are more likely to comment on something that annoys them than what they find enjoyable. Human nature. For example, Rift has one thread with no posts in it but alot of people on here are playing it at the moment.

To drive this point home a bit more, the SWTOR General Discussion thread has less than 100 different posters in it.....but nearly 19,000 views. Interest is a relative term.

As I said, lets not throw a forum parade yet. But lets hold off on the post mortem too, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kirby wrote: »
    As I said, lets not throw a forum parade yet. But lets hold off on the post mortem too, eh?

Boards is only ever for debating and discussing games, it really doesnt ever be a useful tool for actual game discussion.

I just have to pop over to mmo champ, a world of warcraft website, and read stupidly detailed guides, class guides, theorycrafting etc for Swtor

That sort of stuff doesnt happen here

Advertisement