Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline connection query

Options
  • 16-01-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Hi I want to check if the landline was ever connected in the house i'm renting and find out the phone number. There is a socket, i plugged in the phone and I know there is a number I dial on the phone to get the phone number for here, just can't remember what that is, can you let me know what I dial please?!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kerash wrote: »
    Hi I want to check if the landline was ever connected in the house i'm renting and find out the phone number. There is a socket, i plugged in the phone and I know there is a number I dial on the phone to get the phone number for here, just can't remember what that is, can you let me know what I dial please?!
    Thanks.

Hi kerash,

Thanks for your query.

If you have a dial tone and are able to make calls already, then the easiest way to get the phone numer is to just dial your mobile phone or a friend's mobile phone. If the number doesn't display, you could also put the prefix '142' before you dial the mobile. This will allow you to display your phone number.

The following numbers will also help you find the current phone provider on the phone line :
    199000 and 19800

If you need to activate or need a new phoneline from eircom there is currently a promotion; which allows the line to be activated for free. Just call into 1901 Customer Care or Broadband Sales : 1800 503303 freefone.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No dial tone, I can't make calls - when i called eircom they gave me a number to dial into my phone, something like 161304.. but I lost the paper I wrote that down on. Just wanted to avoid having to call again on the mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Kerash,

Thanks. If no dial tone you will proabably need the phone line re-activated again.

Just call into Sales /Customer Care : freefone 1901

The normal activation timeframe is 5 days. If you want to apply broadband to the phoneline, it can take between 5 - 10 days afterwards.

If the line is with a different provider, Customer Care can also confirm this right away.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Ant
    kerash wrote: »
    No dial tone, I can't make calls - when i called eircom they gave me a number to dial into my phone, something like 161304.. but I lost the paper I wrote that down on. Just wanted to avoid having to call again on the mobile.

Advertisement