Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent groups Balbriggan

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Is anyone aware of any parent groups in Balbriggan? I am a separated father with young kids (2 - 8 years) and it would be nice to maybe meet up with other parents who have children, particularly at the weekends when I have them. I love my kids, and spending time with them, but occasionally it would be nice to have an adult conversation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Hi wobblyknees,

I know it's not exactly what you're after, but this place may be able to point you in the right direction - Balbriggan Community Childcare Group.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

qpd wrote: »
    Hi wobblyknees,

I know it's not exactly what you're after, but this place may be able to point you in the right direction - Balbriggan Community Childcare Group.

That is the Community Creche.
    There are parent and toddler groups but they meet during the week there was talk a while back of setting up a weekend one but I don't know what ever came of it.
    There might be one in Pjs.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

As far as I know the weekend group is now gone.

But if there isn't an existing group, maybe you should set one up OP? I'm sure there are others in the same situation, or parents working during the week who'd love an outlet at weekends with other parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is the Community Creche.
    There are parent and toddler groups but they meet during the week there was talk a while back of setting up a weekend one but I don't know what ever came of it.
    There might be one in Pjs.

Hi, thanks for the info. I tried PJ's but they unfortunately said there wasn't one that they were aware of. :(

aniascor wrote: »
    As far as I know the weekend group is now gone.

But if there isn't an existing group, maybe you should set one up OP? I'm sure there are others in the same situation, or parents working during the week who'd love an outlet at weekends with other parents.

You could be right although I guess I was hoping that there might already be one as I think I am not quite brave enough to set one up myself! I think I might give it some thought though as it would be a nice way of meeting new people and making friends in the area for me and the kids. It's nearly impossible for me to do this at the minute as I spend so much time in work during the week. I have good support from family but I can actually feel a little isolated at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

We have an 7 and 3 year old and are moving to Skerries in the Spring. My husband is always off on the weekend doing stuff with our two: walking, flying kites, playground, cycling etc. We do not know anyone in the area, have no extended family close by and understand the feeling of isolation having moved about a bit.

We love the idea of our kids meeting up and playing with other kids the same age, they get so much out of it. So maybe you and my husband can meet up for a play date on the beach for a walk or a play area in Balbriggan or Skerries.

Please feel free to PM me :)

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    We have an 7 and 3 year old and are moving to Skerries in the Spring. My husband is always off on the weekend doing stuff with our two: walking, flying kites, playground, cycling etc. We do not know anyone in the area, have no extended family close by and understand the feeling of isolation having moved about a bit.

We love the idea of our kids meeting up and playing with other kids the same age, they get so much out of it. So maybe you and my husband can meet up for a play date on the beach for a walk or a play area in Balbriggan or Skerries.

Please feel free to PM me :)

Sounds great. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

The remember us is a socail group for children with and without special needs their family and friends, it caters for special needs as in all activities are for people with specail needs, they meet on a saturday normally 2-4.Its 30 for the year to join then the activities are about 3 euro per week.
    Pm if you need the number as the site is down at the mment.
    Cathy

cathy01 wrote: »
    The remember us is a socail group for children with and without special needs their family and friends, it caters for special needs as in all activities are for people with specail needs, they meet on a saturday normally 2-4.Its 30 for the year to join then the activities are about 3 euro per week.
    Pm if you need the number as the site is down at the mment.
    Cathy

Thanks for the info. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pinkballoon

I'm fairly sure my brother was going to a "men's only" one near Drogheda - I can find out for certain if that's not too far away for you?

That's a great offer from Mr Wemmick could be perfect for you both.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure my brother was going to a "men's only" one near Drogheda - I can find out for certain if that's not too far away for you?

That's a great offer from Mr Wemmick could be perfect for you both.

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Advertisement