Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming documentary thread deleted?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Was that guys thread just deleted and him banned?

I was having a rather interesting discussion with him over PM and on my latest reply it says that he cannot receive PM's.

In defence of the fella its a big enough documentary where they have some fantastic footage and itnerviews, genuinely interesting.

Be a pity if people werent exposed and made aware of it, give the lad an infraction or something dont go deleting the fellas thread.
    we have interviewed the father of Chris Staniforth from sheffield whos son died in august from deep vien trombosis directly related to playing xbox for 12 hours at a time. The postive would be we have gone to a small convention in the Helix in ballymun which was partly a gaming convention. And have interiewed the organiser who is a young man in his twenties

If thats not pony, its good work on his part.

Apologies for bringing into public discussion, too much hassle PM'ing mods, but if this is legit looks like a good discussion piece to finally have an impartial discussion on gaming addiction. ( unlike that bogus "adictiveness" thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It could be interesting but i just hope its not another go at gamers, i would really like to hear more of what he aims to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Calhoun wrote: »
    It could be interesting but i just hope its not another go at gamers, i would really like to hear more of what he aims to achieve.

Well I can't follow up now. but even side appoint, for far too long the media have been able to be on the front foot with gaming , especially when it comes to over violent games and addiction.

Bout time gamers took the inititive back.

He also mentioned the gaming convention that goe son in the Helix, and I heard while it wasn't pulling in a world breaking crowd, it was a good idea and was well received.

Been well overdue with such a large gaming culture that there was a more national gaming event taking place per year.

Then again Irish gamers are freaks and of the whole 4 lans I've attended in Ireland, 2 of them someone tried to fight me : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Eh, what's all this about ?

I missed the thread I guess where someone's now been banned or whatever but the subject itself sounds interesting, if a little disjointed.

Can the original subject matter be posted again or something ?

Advertisement