Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Everytime I go to pay, it says site is down. This has been happening since last night.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

Was the other day when they tweeted that there was an issue.

Havent had one since and it is up now

132123t.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

It was weird just didn't like internet explorer. I went onto firefox and put in my order (plus more) and it accepted it.
    Spent a fortune, id better get a mug now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Everytime I go to pay, it says site is down. This has been happening since last night.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

Clear the cache and internet history and you should be good to go. Worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Anyone have issues with lazy DHL drivers?

My home address is in the country about 15 mins from Carlow. I got a call from a guy and got a speel from the guy saying he didn't really know the area and that he was just covering for another guy and could I meet him in Carlow.

I told him I was in work over an hour away in Offaly. I told him there would be someone at home and started to give him directions. He started saying that he didn't want to drive out if Carlow in case he get lost!!! He then said could he get it delivered to my work place. I didn't really want to do this but gave him the address and he said it will delivered there tomorrow.

Thinking back on it I should have told him to cop on and deliver it to home address as that's what he is paid to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Missus ordered me 2 hoodies arrived today with "the MUG"
    Quality of the hoodies was lower than expected but not bad 2 hoodies for 20e shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Driver was in my area but could not locate the house and had no contact number, even though I gave it to sports direct. Won't have it now until Tuesday.
    What a load of balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ELSIE2012

yeah i have used them -no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sugarman wrote: »
    New Ireland home and away jerseys are only €37 & 40, theyre €58 and €68 here:eek:
    They'll be giving them away soon enough. :)

I remember Littlewoods had the old Eircom away Jersey going for €15 a couple of years ago. It was popular and sold out in no time once I posted it up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

ben36 wrote: »
    I ordered 2 mountain bikes last week for myself and herself for €65 each and both were delivered to Dublin no problem.

How are the bikes going? Are they good quality? Did you have to do much assembly etc?
    i'd love to hear from anyone else who got a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Damn I hmmmed and hawed over a €28 euro bike and now it's gone!! I'm such a fool, or maybe it's a sign!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Was just ordering some stuff so popped on here to see if there was any shipping codes but what i got was much better still £1-€1 and €1 shipping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had two packages go missing. Checked tracking number and they were being held in DHL for lack of information (despite them delivering to the exact same address while the packages were with them :rolleyes:)

So told them the story.

Both pacakges arrived today, except one of them isnt mine, its not even nearly addressed to me! Im in Athlone, this is addressed Cavan!

So if you are from Cavan and ordered pokadot snow boots I'm going to attempt to get DHL to sort it out (hopefully tomorrow) but you'll be waiting a few more days anyways...

who knows where my second package is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I had two packages go missing. Checked tracking number and they were being held in DHL for lack of information (despite them delivering to the exact same address while the packages were with them :rolleyes:)

So told them the story.

Both pacakges arrived today, except one of them isnt mine, its not even nearly addressed to me! Im in Athlone, this is addressed Cavan!

So if you are from Cavan and ordered pokadot snow boots I'm going to attempt to get DHL to sort it out (hopefully tomorrow) but you'll be waiting a few more days anyways...

who knows where my second package is...

I have questions for you.

1. Why did you accept the package when it didn't have your name on it or proper address?
    2. Knowing it didn't have your address/name, why did you open it?:confused:

I have questions for you.

1. Why did you accept the package when it didn't have your name on it or proper address?
    2. Knowing it didn't have your address/name, why did you open it?:confused:

Well firstly I was at work, my younger brother signed for it.

Secondly even if I was at home I would probably not have read the address on the package before signing for it, do you read the "to" address of every package you receive!? If I was expecting two parcels, and a courier arrived at my door with two parcels I would be reasonably confident they were for me (well maybe today should shake the confidence)

So I opened the package expecting it to be my stuff, found ladies snow boots and then read the address on the package. not sure what the :confused: is about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Secondly even if I was at home I would probably not have read the address on the package before signing for it, do you read the "to" address of every package you receive!? If I was expecting two parcels, and a courier arrived at my door with two parcels I would be reasonably confident they were for me (well maybe today should shake the confidence)

So I opened the package expecting it to be my stuff, found ladies snow boots and then read the address on the package. not sure what the :confused: is about?

it could be in cavan.

whoever it was could do with snowboots atm

Yes I do, for moments like this. Its your responsibility to look at the name on the packages before opening them.

It still doesn't answer the question, if you saw it wasn't your name on the package, why did you still open it?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes I do, for moments like this. Its your responsibility to look at the name on the packages before opening them.

It still doesn't answer the question, if you saw it wasn't your name on the package, why did you still open it?:confused:
    He already said.
    So I opened the package expecting it to be my stuff, found ladies snow boots and then read the address on the package. not sure what the is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Seriously though it's easy to not look at the labels on a box.
    Especially when the driver is handing you a scanner to sign and telling you that the box is for you.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    He already said.

Next time he/she might read the labels..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I often wouldn't look at the label either.

But surely to christ the DHL driver should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Oh man this thread just continues to deliver!

I came here for the bargains initially, stayed for the mug saga, and now this snow boots drama is utterly gripping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Whats the mug saga. I have 3 of the brutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

These prices are ridiculously cheap, i've had 5 or 6 orders in past few weeks but even at old prices and delivery at 4.99 it was great value.

Whats to stop retailers(smaller ones) here bulk buying and selling on for a profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Just got a call from dhl, there still delivering today if anyone is waiting for a package. Being Good Friday n all wasn't sure if they would be..

• Advertisement

Next time he/she might read the labels..

Probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

madscone wrote: »
    Just got a call from dhl, there still delivering today if anyone is waiting for a package. Being Good Friday n all wasn't sure if they would be..

I had a package that left Gatwick at 6 this morning. Id never get it today would i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I had a package that left Gatwick at 6 this morning. Id never get it today would i?

Not a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sypeons

Got a Pierre Cardin size Large jumper, it's slightly on the small size for me. Also received a Lonsdale size Large top, fits fine.

Got my order this morning as well by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

is it still 1 for stg to euro. and is delivery 1 still ?????? not seeing either advetised on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

is it still 1 for stg to euro. and is delivery 1 still ?????? not seeing either advetised on the site

They don't advertise it! Change sterling to euro price and if it remains the same then you're laughing! You'll get the 1 euro delivery charge when you checkout.

At the moment yes, it's not advertised on the site, hush hush.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Re: €1 shipping .... I doubt it's a mistake they just haven't copped onto yet considering the lnflux of orders generated from this thread alone !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

They mentioned the €1 delivery charge on their facebook page a few weeks ago, they were running a competition for free uk delivery and a few people queried why it wasnt open to roi customers and SD replied that they were currently offering €1 delivery to roi so they are aware of it :) Hopefully they will keep it running a lot longer as id say they have increased their sales big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Got my first delivery this morning, and a mug too :D very impressed with the lot, i fear multiple orders are on the cards....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I ordered a serious amount of stuff today, something for all the family as the prices are superb.

What the story with the mugs? Is it just random people getting them free or is when the order is over a certain amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Do DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Order is currently in Dublin just wondering will I get it tomorrow.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Do DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Order is currently in Dublin just wondering will I get it tomorrow.

Same here! I'm like a mini-stalker looking for updates all day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Nope, Monday to Friday delivery only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Nope, Monday to Friday delivery only

That's true normally, but I did get a delivery on the Saturday of the Paddy's Day weekend, so they may do Saturday deliveries on other bank holiday weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm waiting on a delivery and according to the tracking page I received it today - there's even a scanned copy of my signature on the page.

I neither received a package or signed for one! - has anyone else ever had this happen? I contacted dhl but got no reply. Some well dressed delivery man has my hoodie :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Binka wrote: »
    I got my second order today that I ordered on Saturday - much quicker than the first order
    Better than my experience.

28/02 - placed order
    One item on the order - was a pre-order - meaning the order should ship as of 11/03.

As of today, I have heard NOTHING

27/03 - mail sent to customer service - querying this
    29/03 - a follow up mail - asking why they have not made contact.

I wasn't in such a hurry - but this is just unprofessional.

phasers wrote:
    I'm waiting on a delivery and according to the tracking page I received it today - there's even a scanned copy of my signature on the page.
    You're further on than I am - have not received any tracking number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Use do know there is a phone number you can ring for customer service

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Use do know there is a phone number you can ring for customer service
    You're kidding right? Why should I have A. the cost and B. have my time wasted with phone calls? Email is far easier for them to deal with and easier for me to send. Furthermore, in the case of a dispute, it gives a reference in black and white of contact made and lack of response received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well obviously not. If u want a quick response email isn't the answer.
    I rang the number was on hold for 4 minutes and got my problem sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Better than my experience.

28/02 - placed order
    One item on the order - was a pre-order - meaning the order should ship as of 11/03.

As of today, I have heard NOTHING

27/03 - mail sent to customer service - querying this
    29/03 - a follow up mail - asking why they have not made contact.

I wasn't in such a hurry - but this is just unprofessional.

You're further on than I am - have not received any tracking number!

Have you checked on the website if the preorder date gas moved out- happens quite a bit. Sportsdirect will just hold the rest of your order till the preorder is in stock but you can request they remove the item from the order.

tritium wrote: »
    Have you checked on the website if the preorder date gas moved out- happens quite a bit. Sportsdirect will just hold the rest of your order till the preorder is in stock but you can request they remove the item from the order.
    Just checked that now - moved out from 11/03 to the 08/04. If they're organised, their systems would fire out an automated mail to advise this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

big order in... 1 euro ship and stg to euro match ..cant beat those prices..anyone ever have to return anything for sizing issues ? is it straight forward ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

10m Christmas wrapping paper 10c http://www.sportsdirect.com/swan-xmas-wrapping-paper-10m-890233
    Stock up now!

Advertisement