Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

big order in... 1 euro ship and stg to euro match ..cant beat those prices..anyone ever have to return anything for sizing issues ? is it straight forward ?

I did. Use the form that comes with the order. No hassle at all, they sent back the new sizes within 2 weeks without any delivery cost. The only downside was the cost of postage to send the original goods back, about €11.

Justin Bieber calendars going for .10c Don't even think I would use it for toilet roll :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Justin Bieber calendars going for .10c Don't even think I would use it for toilet roll :D:D

If you do the sums it might work out cheaper...just sayin like

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catandmouse

Googled sports direct and it has got very bad reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Yeah, best to stay away from it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Another order on the the way.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

STAY AWAY....

More bargains for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yeah, best to stay away from it.....

yeah I found them terrible. I didn't get the free mug everyone else got last week.:D

Scooter,skate board and some clothes for €17...extortionately good value;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah I ordered 2 hoodies for 20e saved 60e
    And got a huge mug free

Absolutely horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's rubbish - cheap prices, decent quality and fast delivery (with tracking that actually works). I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole on the end of a barge pole. ;)
    Now, point me in the direction of this review site and I'll happily add to the bad reviews.........staaaaay awaaaay! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Got my first order on Friday.

The slazenger tops and t-shirts are a bit big so if you normally wear a large I would recommend ordering medium.

I also bought a Puma and a Hardcore zip up hoody and they fit perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Any discount codes knocking around yet for April ?
    Have a big order to place in the next day or so and a few quid off would be great.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

^^^^^^^^^^^ Would you like jam on your egg, too?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

this i found on facebook but not sure if it work ,as sports direct apologised that code was not working earlier but is now....
    also code listed by sportsdirect facebook member, i did not receive it by email

10% off all swimming,bikes and running code: RZA0505C20XW

hope it works for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

man that website is sweet..the clearance section:eek: got loads of tops and 2 pairs of trainers for €45 +€1 shipping. How can they price so low? Not complaining mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

POSTS -1 THANKS -0

Now go away, and leave the rest of us alone to shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

handbagmad wrote: »
    man that website is sweet..the clearance section:eek: got loads of tops and 2 pairs of trainers for €45 +€1 shipping. How can they price so low? Not complaining mind

Well consider that all clothes and shoes are made for a little more then a few cents, they're probably making the same if not more profit then shops like lifestyle sports etc.. because of the constant flow of people buying from there site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

So, it's saying that my order is with the courier, but when I click on order tracking it says that my search is invalid???

Anyone else experience the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Probably not on the DHL system yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

10% off code!!!
    10% off all bikes, swimming and running: RZA0505C20XW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

this i found on facebook but not sure if it work ,as sports direct apologised that code was not working earlier but is now....
    also code listed by sportsdirect facebook member, i did not receive it by email

hope it works for ye
    snubbleste wrote: »
    10% off code!!!
    10% off all bikes, swimming and running: RZA0505C20XW

Is there an echo in here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes, yes there is an echo echo echo echo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I got that voucher in the post from them so its definitely legit.

I've tried using it though and it says the contents of my basket aren't valid for the voucher despite me having several "Running" items in there!?!?

Anyone get it to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

I just put an order in and It says Cant process payment and tells me to try again...I tried twice and no luck ...But i have got 2 emails from PayPal telling me i sent money to sports direct...Anyone else had that problem ? What should i do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had two packages go missing. Checked tracking number and they were being held in DHL for lack of information (despite them delivering to the exact same address while the packages were with them :rolleyes:)

So told them the story.

Both pacakges arrived today, except one of them isnt mine, its not even nearly addressed to me! Im in Athlone, this is addressed Cavan!

So if you are from Cavan and ordered pokadot snow boots I'm going to attempt to get DHL to sort it out (hopefully tomorrow) but you'll be waiting a few more days anyways...

who knows where my second package is...

DHL still have my second package, they will be collecting the other package when delivering my one. So if its your make sure to call DHL! (01 8700790)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

the code is working for me just got a pair of asics gel kayano trainers, 179 here in cork, 126 with sports direct and after the code, 114

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Received my first ever order today and had a mug included. Jebus they are big. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Just got a pair or trainers for the Gym, grand total of €19, including delivery

Happy Days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Nike field trainers here 75 to 80
    Got them for 29??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Got the code to work. Unfortunately what they deem to be "Running equipment" is quite narrow and the running shoes and some other gear I got didn't count :(

Site is down for me :(

EDIT:Back up now but very slow.:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Received my second order this morning, or should I say, half my second order as when I opened the box, five of the 11 items I ordered were not there. The enclosed dispatch document does state that all items were included but that's rubbish as the small box that arrived could not have held everything I ordered.

Have emailed the company but judging by previous comments on the level of Customer service, this may end up going to a PayPal dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

First order received.... everything super

Find the Pierre Cardin stuff loose fitting.... lee cooper smaller fitting and karrimor perfect

The mug is a nice littlw extra too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

i better get a mug.

Ordered at 3pm today ..Its processing now ..when should i expect it?

• Advertisement

MJ434 wrote: »
    Ordered at 3pm today ..Its processing now ..when should i expect it?

Probably next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Al Capwned wrote: »
    i better get a mug.

I didn't get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Its taking an hour to drink a cup of tea since I got that mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Have emailed the company but judging by previous comments on the level of Customer service, this may end up going to a PayPal dispute.
    Send the email and open the paypal dispute at the same time - don't wait for a response to your mail.

Have sent 2x mails now - and no reply. 3rd just sent asking for their complaints process - before going further.

Whilst many here are getting carried away with the stack it high, sell it cheap policy of SD, there are some very basic things that any business should be capable of maintaining - specifically in terms of contact with their customers.

I've €200 of goods ordered since the end of February and no contact whatsoever from SD.

Send the email and open the paypal dispute at the same time - don't wait for a response to your mail.

Have sent 2x mails now - and no reply. 3rd just sent asking for their complaints process - before going further.

Whilst many here are getting carried away with the stack it high, sell it cheap policy of SD, there are some very basic things that any business should be capable of maintaining - specifically in terms of contact with their customers.

I've €200 of goods ordered since the end of February and no contact whatsoever from SD.
    Why don't you call their Web CS 00448451299230

• Advertisement

MJ434 wrote: »
    Why don't you call their Web CS 00448451299230
    I'm not calling their uk number on my irish mobile. If they don't offer email support (like any normal business should and does), then they should stop pretending to do so - and remove that customer service email address from their website.

I'm not calling their uk number on my irish mobile. If they don't offer email support (like any normal business should and does), then they should stop pretending to do so - and remove that customer service email address from their website.

Ok, was only trying to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

got my order, no mug again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I queried my order with them via email and heard nothing for around 2 weeks after which I got two responses by two diff people on the same day. My order had arrived in the meantime, so crisis averted.

The site seems to be down again....happening a lot lately..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I'm living in the uk at the minute and when my order was below €75 it was €3.99 for delivery to Aberdeen and €1 to Ireland...crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Third order shipped this morning, have abandoned all hope of receiving a mug...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I'm living in the uk at the minute and when my order was below €75 it was €3.99 for delivery to Aberdeen and €1 to Ireland...crazy!

Don't ya just love it?

It's about time, we have been shafted for years!

You're not exactly on need of your order if you're not willing to cooperate either. Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order and then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

DHL on the way to me this afternoon - The better have a damn mug.

You're not exactly on need of your order if you're not willing to cooperate either. Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order and then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p
    lol. I'm not cooperating when they won't answer my emails sent to their 'customer service' email address?
    Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order
    Why should I? WHO in this day and age operates like that?
    then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p
    lol. A negative vibe? I'm just telling it like it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement