Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

maybe the couriers on holidays i sent an order sat and it arrived today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Got my order just now whats with the mug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Put my fourth order in
    I look at it as saving not spending :)

investing for the summer is what i call it;) haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

I bought a rugby shirt a few weeks back that, according to the DHL tracking they sent me, got delivered to Singapore and was signed for by someone there (and yes, I'm in Ireland). I had to send probably 10 e-mails over the space of 3 weeks before I got a response from them ("We're looking in to it for you"). They eventually sent out another one which arrived this morning. I know I should be grateful I finally got it, but the customer service was awful. I didn't receive an apology or explanation.

• Advertisement

people make mistakes you got a new one you should be happy:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

Oh I agree. It was the length of time it took to get any sort of response from them is what annoyed me - and even then it seemed as though they were dragging their heals (or so I though until I got a delivery this morning! :D )

i no thats a **** mate i suppose we all run that risk when we order online but the new irish jersey for 40 euro and Addidas runners for 40 that are 70 elsewhere its worth the risk:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    A mug???:D:D:D

Only joking, I bought a child's bike for €40, nearest one I can see to it in the shops is €120-ish. Delivery was still only €1 and no hidden extra fees or charges.

4th order arrived today and still no mug. Think il ring up and complain!!

4th order arrived today and still no mug. Think il ring up and complain!!

Ring up for me too, im on my 4th order.

• Advertisement

same as 4th order received today i got one mug in my first that was it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Damn you Boards Bargain alerts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

my order arrived today ..and its 2/2 on the mug count...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

Not for everyone but Man Utd jersey here for 7 euro (last seasons)

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-manchester-united-home-shirt-2011-2012-379152#customerreviews

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sypeons

Received some golf clothing and accessories today. All fine except a Dunlop zip golf top which I ordered in Large but fits more like a Medium therefore I presume all Dunlop Golf Clothing may be on the small side unless anyone says otherwise?Can we please keep posting reviews about Clothing Size please to help others in selecting their orders.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sypeons

Just to add to that all orders for Pierre Cardin, Donnay and Lonsdale that I have received have all fitted as they should in size Large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Slazenger hoodies fit great.
    All Socks i've gotten so far fit great too.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Del007 wrote: »

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-manchester-united-home-shirt-2011-2012-379152#customerreviews

Wouldn't give them 7pence for it :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

karrimor fit small. if xl go xxl.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sypeons wrote: »
    Received some golf clothing and accessories today. All fine except a Dunlop zip golf top which I ordered in Large but fits more like a Medium therefore I presume all Dunlop Golf Clothing may be on the small side unless anyone says otherwise?Can we please keep posting reviews about Clothing Size please to help others in selecting their orders.Thanks.

Dunlop golf trousers fit as described, probably because they come in waist and leg dimensions, light so perfect for the summer (whenever we get one!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Childrens bike helmet with knee protectors €2.49 http://www.sportsdirect.com/Cycling/Cycle-Helmets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

XL is only £7 for me, all other sizes are £15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just couldn't pass on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

karrimor fit small. if xl go xxl.

I found the running gear the opposite. I should of ordered medium in some tops instead of large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This was €15 a couple of weeks ago when I bought from SD, prices are tumblin'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Following on from my most recent order, No Fear (hoody) and Slazenger (hoody & polo shirt) fit fine, Tap Out (sweat shirt) is a little tight but not bad, and not as tight as the Hardcore hoody from the previous order.

Still no mug.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Paypal still not working for me, bit of a pain!

Customer Service never responded either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

is it saying something about your address? same issue here if it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Decided after a long time threatening to sign up on Sports Direct,ordered a few bits,the €1 delivery is great.

Used to always pick up stuff in their stores in the UK,the prices compared to here are unreal.There are some gems to be got.

Do these look suspiciously like headphones promoted by a certain rapper?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/output-headphones-755047

Almost bought a pair for the craic.

• Advertisement

Im slightly worried. I put in my order yesterday. Got an email saying id placed order. Usually you get the second email with the dispatch information on, pretty quickly, but I havnt received anything yet.
    Should I be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im slightly worried. I put in my order yesterday. Got an email saying id placed order. Usually you get the second email with the dispatch information on, pretty quickly, but I havnt received anything yet.
    Should I be worried?

I ordered yesterday and got nothing either,Just prob busy overall and they won't inform you of dispatch until all is out the door and at dhl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

,I,ve placed 4 orders over the past 3 weeks and there is 2-3 days between when I placed order and to when I received dispatch ,so I wouldn't panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Same here. Managed to get an order in with paypal although the site is acting funny. Its slow again but this time its constantly dropping items from my basket too

It was dropping items from my basket yesterday as well.
    This is my 4th order, ive spent a fortune, and no mug :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

First order arrived today and I got a mug :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

You only get a free gift with your first order AFAIK? I got a deck of cards and never got anything after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I've had 5 orders from them and 1 order consisted of 11 bikes ... Not a bloody mug with any single order ... Getting annoyed now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I think your mug only comes with your first order :rolleyes:
    It's seriously dangerous to have credit card nearby and clicking away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Two seperate orders arrived today...........two mugs also:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Thewife wrote: »
    I've had 5 orders from them and 1 order consisted of 11 bikes

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I didn't get a dispatch email on a recent order so I went through the 'Contact Us' process on the site. I put in the order number as requested and I got an instant automated email response with the tracking number (the order was out with the courier as it happens, received it 2 hours later). As I said the response was instant so I presume it's automated.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/ContactUs/ContactForm

Select 'Where is my order' and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Did anyone buy a decent set of head phones?? i.e. €20 + (and yes I know you can pay a bloody fortune for head phones!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I wish they didn't have so much stuff , I have an order ready to go but I'm trawling through pages and pages in case there's anything I missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

80s Child wrote: »
    Did anyone buy a decent set of head phones?? i.e. €20 + (and yes I know you can pay a bloody fortune for head phones!)

I think its hard to look past something like these for that price range:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365667488&sr=8-2&keywords=seinhessier+headphones

Have them myself and find them really good (for the money anyways, im not the biggest Audiophile)

Paypal sill not working for me, when I get to stage after I pay on the paypal page, when im returned to sports direct im brought to an error page. Still no response of customer service. Its not like I'm trying to give them money or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I think its hard to look past something like these for that price range:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365667488&sr=8-2&keywords=seinhessier+headphones

Have them myself and find them really good (for the money anyways, im not the biggest Audiophile)

Paypal sill not working for me, when I get to stage after I pay on the paypal page, when im returned to sports direct im brought to an error page. Still no response of customer service. Its not like I'm trying to give them money or anything!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thewife wrote: »
    I've had 5 orders from them and 1 order consisted of 11 bikes ... Not a bloody mug with any single order ... Getting annoyed now ..

That's bloody riding it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

zerks wrote: »
    Do these look suspiciously like headphones promoted by a certain rapper?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/output-headphones-755047

Almost bought a pair for the craic.

They'd probably be just as good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Soarer wrote: »
    That's bloody riding it!

Is it ? Why so ??

Incase your wondering ... I don't have that many kids .... I purchaed the bikes for under privileged kids in a youth centre where I work...

Don't judge a book by the cover ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jaysus!

Bikes? Riding it?

Talk about jumping to conclusions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

6 emails to their customer service (normal "contact us" account and "paypal@sportsdirect") about missing items from my second order and zero response. Latest i.e. third order, turned up this morning ripped open and items inside were dirty, I.e. looked like they were dropped into a puddle.

I know SportsDirect are cheap, but out of three orders, only the first turned up all present and correct, half the second order was missing and the third (4 pairs of chinos/jeans) will all need a run through the washing machine before I can wear them. Would it kill them to actually package orders properly, even if it cost an extra couple of euro?? I don't know about the rest of you but all my orders were wrapped in a bin bag, and a flimsy one at that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement