Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Casey78 wrote: »
    What are ye lads buying? I have enough slazenger t shirts and polo tops to do me a lifetime!

Never enough. There are several shades of pink I haven't bought yet. Got the new Liverpool jersey, polo shirts, socks using the code above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

homolumo wrote: »
    Never enough. There are several shades of pink I haven't bought yet. Got the new Liverpool jersey, polo shirts, socks using the code above.

There are some mad colours alright :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My order arrived Friday but due to DHL I got it Monday ,everything is as described and I got my mug:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm thinking of buying a rake of stuff on this website but I just want to know from the ladies on here - what's the adidas sizing like in general - is it true to size? I have an adidas running top that I got a few years ago (great quality btw) and it's a size 14 and is perfect but say if I was getting a hoodie should I stick with a 14 or try my normal size which is a 12? I don't want to be sending back loads either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a rake of stuff on this website but I just want to know from the ladies on here - what's the adidas sizing like in general - is it true to size? I have an adidas running top that I got a few years ago (great quality btw) and it's a size 14 and is perfect but say if I was getting a hoodie should I stick with a 14 or try my normal size which is a 12? I don't want to be sending back loads either!

If you go into a SportsWorld store you might be able to try them on. sportsdirect own them and you'll find a lot of the gear in there. They are more expensive.

http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/StoreLocator.aspx

Pj! wrote: »
    If you go into a SportsWorld store you might be able to try them on. sportsdirect own them and you'll find a lot of the gear in there. They are more expensive.

http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/StoreLocator.aspx

Cheers :) Do you mean Sportsworld is more expensive?

Cheers :) Do you mean Sportsworld is more expensive?

Yep.

They don't have near the stock of the website but I'd imagine they'll have some Adidas hoodies etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Been checking today and its saying "OLDBAG - Your basket does not meet the requirements of this voucher."

Any thoughts anyone?

xpletiv wrote: »
    Been checking today and its saying "OLDBAG - Your basket does not meet the requirements of this voucher."

Any thoughts anyone?
    It may be that the code OLDBAG doesn't work anymore. Or else the terms of the code have changed. Is it your first order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

It isnt, but I know it was working up till a couple of days ago, I was putting it in and getting the 10% off. Now just says that. No idea whats up, cant see any other comments about it online.

The last couple of people on this page tried it and got the same thing

Looks to be expired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The coupon is only valid in July. It is no longer July.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

xpletiv wrote: »
    It isnt, but I know it was working up till a couple of days ago, I was putting it in and getting the 10% off. Now just says that. No idea whats up, cant see any other comments about it online.

It might have expired last night, ordered stuff on Tuesday evening and code went alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thanks for the 10% voucher. Placed an order on Monday and received it today :)

Do you not get free delivery if you spend over a certain amount on this site?

• Advertisement

Do you not get free delivery if you spend over a certain amount on this site?

There seems to be mixed experiences on this. But I think the more recent ones have said it's free if you spend over €100 or something.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, lucky I ordered my stuff last night, as I got to use the OLDBAG code.

Thanks for the code, whoever posted it! Wonder if I'll get a mug this order... I'm already annoyed that they emailed me to say one of the shirts I ordered was removed due to no stock :( The main shirt I wanted out of my order.

They have a magazine out now. Can be got in the Uk for a pound I think. Wouldn't be surprised if this replaced the mugs.

There seems to be mixed experiences on this. But I think the more recent ones have said it's free if you spend over €100 or something.

Thanks - yeah it comes off at the end when you have paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

They have a magazine out now. Can be got in the Uk for a pound I think. Wouldn't be surprised if this replaced the mugs.

I never received a mug but I got that magazine today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

No mug :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have the riskiest way of getting free shipping ever.

I ordered a bike and a lock for my brother the other day and it came to £180 or something, so it qualified for free delivery.

They then cancelled the bike saying they would not ship it internationally, but still sent the lock, and only charged me for the lock (no postage)

Bike in question if your feeling brave!
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/mfx-a-pure-breed-outlaw-mountain-bike-932023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I have the riskiest way of getting free shipping ever.

I ordered a bike and a lock for my brother the other day and it came to £180 or something, so it qualified for free delivery.

They then cancelled the bike saying they would not ship it internationally, but still sent the lock, and only charged me for the lock (no postage)

Bike in question if your feeling brave!
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/mfx-a-pure-breed-outlaw-mountain-bike-932023

What was the reason for not shipping the bike? Too heavy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Unfortunately the items listed below are not permitted to travel by air. As a result we have had to cancel these items from your order. You will not be charged for any of these items. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

I bought a slightly smaller bike a couple of weeks ago without problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It says £30 worth of exclusive discounts. Are these instore, online etc..?

I bought a slightly smaller bike a couple of weeks ago without problem

I'm in the market for a cheap hybrid bike. Was thinking of ordering one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

snubbleste wrote: »
    It says £30 worth of exclusive discounts. Are these instore, online etc..?

All to be used online
    £5 off Karrimor D30 Running Shoes
    £20 off Dunlop NZ9 7-Piece Irons Set
    & £5 off an online order if you spend more than £100

All to be used before the end of Aug

How much is the registered post to return a few tshirts and a hoodie - I weighed the package and it's about a kilo?

How much is the registered post to return a few tshirts and a hoodie - I weighed the package and it's about a kilo?

Rates are here:

http://www.anpost.ie/anpost/postalrates/standard+post.htm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got my latest SD order today. It seems I'm destined to receive neither mug nor mag! :)

Still, at least all the clothes fit, thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

byte wrote: »
    Got my latest SD order today. It seems I'm destined to receive neither mug nor mag! :)

Put in an order on Tuesday - they had a mug in the basket automatically for €1.19 (didn't need another one).

byte wrote: »

Same here, No Mug no Mag, but got the free delivery...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

imtdub wrote: »
    Same here, No Mug no Mag, but got the free delivery...:D

25th order this week.......STILL no mug ..:D
    mickzer.

mickzer wrote: »
    25th order this week.......STILL no mug ..:D
    mickzer.

Jeez... what the heck you buying.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Daily Deal today is a Calvin Klein suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

i made an order yesterday to deliver in dublin and everything was fine.

today i made a big order and it says it wont deliver to my address (same as previous address.

any ideas why this is happening???

the order was for 20 shorts and 20 socks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

new celtic jersey they sent me fell apart after the first wear threads coming from it on three different areas :mad:

TheBody wrote: »

I'm sorry now but whats the difference between a packet and a parcel?!

See here:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/WhatAreYouSending.htm

• Advertisement

TheBody wrote: »

Cool, thanks a million, didn't realise they actually had a page like that :o

I'm thinking I have a packet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Packet:
    Dimensions:
    Minimum dimensions: 100mm(L) X 70mm(H) X 25mm(D).
    Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm. No individual dimension can exceed 600mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    In tube form the maximum dimensions are the length plus twice the diameter 1,040mm with no one dimension exceeding 900mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    Weight:
    Items which qualify for the Packet rate of postage must weigh no more than 2kg.

Parcel:
    The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.
    Dimensions
    Maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length: + Girth 3 metres

To calculate the Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

https://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/WhatAreYouSending.htm

edit: Sorry for the superfluous info, TheBody beat me to it.

styron wrote: »
    Packet:
    Dimensions:
    Minimum dimensions: 100mm(L) X 70mm(H) X 25mm(D).
    Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm. No individual dimension can exceed 600mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    In tube form the maximum dimensions are the length plus twice the diameter 1,040mm with no one dimension exceeding 900mm, with a tolerance of 2mm.
    Weight:
    Items which qualify for the Packet rate of postage must weigh no more than 2kg.[/U]

Parcel:
    The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.
    Dimensions
    Maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length: + Girth 3 metres

To calculate the Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

https://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/WhatAreYouSending.htm

edit: Sorry for the superfluous info, TheBody beat me to it.

Definitely a packet so :) thanks a mill

Just one more quesiton - do you have to use registered post or would regular post be ok?? I've heard before that registered post isn't any quicker delivery than regular post so would it be ok to take the chance? It's considerably cheaper in postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

AFAIK registered post is not quicker - just evidence that u sent something. Unless the goods are very valuable, I'd chance it without registered post. Even if you use it, I think you have to put down values etc. and not sure how you'd claim after. When u start adding values the price goes up i think. In fairness the vast majority of post arrives (do not shoot messenger if they mess up !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

£5 off voucher code SDAUG13100 if you spend over 100 and you also get free delivery, valid till end august

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

bastards tried to sneek a mug into my basket, charging me 99p... I wonder how many people are caught out by that and think they get a free mug?

I did get 2 free (defiantly free) mugs before tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

jameshayes wrote: »
    bastards tried to sneek a mug into my basket, charging me 99p... I wonder how many people are caught out by that and think they get a free mug?

I did get 2 free (defiantly free) mugs before tho!

Nearly happened me too

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

snalan wrote: »
    £5 off voucher code SDAUG13100 if you spend over 100 and you also get free delivery, valid till end august

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

they did the same to me just now adding the mug to my basket!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

not free anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah same for me. 1 added to my basket automatically. Removed mine but I'd say there's a few people who don't notice and think they've gotten a free one.

Got 2 for free before tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement