Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sportsdirect AKA Mike Ashley (Newcastle United) owns 50% of Heatons and Sportsworld in Ireland.

Now, any vouchers knocking around for sportsdirect? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

dlnv27 wrote: »
    I posted 2 pairs of runners back to Sportsdirect with the freepost address about 2 weeks ago with no problem. Got a refund to my paypal account.

what wait free post? there is no free post return .is there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

dlnv27 wrote: »
    I posted 2 pairs of runners back to Sportsdirect with the freepost address about 2 weeks ago with no problem. Got a refund to my paypal account.

hey I sent stuff back last week haven't heard a sausage back yet,did they notify you when they received your runners ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Order arrived today, ordered on sat evening - all as ordered, no faults at all, very happy, third time and no reason to fall out with them yet.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

what wait free post? there is no free post return .is there :confused:

Yeah, please clarify your comment. I paid 30 euro to post a load of things back to them a few months back.

Refund was no hassle, but return costs are not incurred by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

The free post address is on page 158 of this thread, just go back a page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

First time using the website, ordered Sunday evening arrived at midday. Great service and will be used again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Get In There

Just an idea maybe worth considering- perhaps the freepost return address could be put in the first post of this thread?

It's no good saying it's on page x as people have various view settings of boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Ordered Sunday evening and it came today.
    Some service!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Hasn't been any voucher codes floating around in a while.. Is their any going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Fair play to anyone who hasn't had any problems with this crowd, you're getting very lucky.

These clowns are a shambles, dog ignorant to deal with, customer service is non existant and the products they send are questionable, partially used, wrong sizes, not complete, i could go on and on, used these clowns once before and it was the first and last time, many friends had serious problems with them too, so buyer beware, anyone considering using these i advise you to be careful and look elsewhere if possible, otherwise its a case of you get what you pay for...

Good luck though, i mean that sincerely, because you're going to need it, maybe not now, but someday if you keep ordering with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

Can't comment on there customer service because I've never had any problems with them. I'd recommend them to anyone. Quick delivery & best value out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Ditto, ive made multiple orders never once had a problem. So much so ive recommended to family and friends and they've availed of the offers on the site aswell.

if theres a problem with any items I believe theres a freepost address to send back aswell and request different sizes, or exchange if an item is incorrect for what its worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Just about to place a Christmas order :-)

Any current voucher codes around ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

I went ahead with my order and wasn't charge any delivery charge to Ireland..

My order value was 102 Euro ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

bob11 wrote: »
    I went ahead with my order and wasn't charge any delivery charge to Ireland..

My order value was 102 Euro ..

€100 worth of merchandise + a magazine and a mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just an idea maybe worth considering- perhaps the freepost return address could be put in the first post of this thread?

It's no good saying it's on page x as people have various view settings of boards.ie

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive ordered so many times and never had a problem. Ive exchanged things too and never had an issue.
    Ive always found delivery to be so quick
    Dont know how you can call them clowns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

+1

Think they offer a good service. If you track your packages it seems that they use airfreight. Pricey but quick.

As other posters have said, do your research in terms of sizing. Don't be ashamed to do a bit of showrooming in Heatons. It's the same company after all.

Returned an item last week and quickly got acknowledgement and refund.

Paying for return post is a pain but what can you realistically expect? Their prices are so low that their margins on items must be small compared with the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

There'a a Freepost Return Address in the OP:):)

mickzer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

I had to return an item yesterday using the Freeport address and it didn't work, it cost me €7.50, they said Freepost doesn't work when posting to england

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk
    Code here for 10% off. Valid til 4th of December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

code for 10%
    10OFF50MVC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jameshayes wrote: »
    code for 10%

Just ordered some items :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Balls, ordered a pretty big package a few days ago, thought they were done with vouchers, still bargain though, a pair of Nike trainers and about 5 or 6 other hiking and cycling items for less than the price of the trainers on their own on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Orders over €60 get free delivery if use
    FREEDEL50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Free Delivery code wont work for me.. have a 79.41 total yet it says my basket doesn't meet the requirements off this voucher. Would it be because I am using the 10% off aswel or what could the problem be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It says on the banner on the website that it's not available with any other offer.

I ordered on 20th Nov and recieved the stuff about a week later, can I still return some of it tomorrow or is it too late now? Their returns policy is a bit vague:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/returnsandexchanges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

Thargor wrote: »
    I ordered on 20th Nov and recieved the stuff about a week later, can I still return some of it tomorrow or is it too late now? Their returns policy is a bit vague:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/returnsandexchanges

It is 7 days from the day after you receive your goods i.e. If you received on the 27th you have 7 full days to inform them of the return i.e. 23:59 on December 4th.

• Advertisement

Just made it then thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

ordered a bike for the lad monday, free shipping, here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I put in an order on Monday...still waiting for courier pickup since? Boo was expecting it quicker!! Im jealous Tinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

PinkFly wrote: »
    I put in an order on Monday...still waiting for courier pickup since? Boo was expecting it quicker!! Im jealous Tinner

There seems to be a problem with their order updating system. I also placed an order on Monday and this it was delivered this morning despite the system saying my order was still awaiting pickup.

If you log into your account then open the order and look for the Track Your Order button on the right. This will bring you to the DHL site and give up to date tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Got a pair of runners on wednesday, checked my bank a/c there and it seems I've been charged twice for them. 2 charges with 4 cent in the difference, a day apart. The 4 cent difference I think could be down to the difference in exchange rates between the 2 days.

Anyway, did a bit of reading and saw that sometimes online companies make a second 'ghost transaction', something to do with authorisation codes with the bank. Has anybody else had this happen to them with sports direct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Do they deliver kids BMX's to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭styron

Superfin wrote: »

They deliver most bikes - one adult bike reported by witnessmenow as refused, but getting a slightly smaller one earlier. Loads of kids bikes delivered, I wouldn't expect any problem (unless they change the rules for Christmas, which is doubtful).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Superfin wrote: »

Sure do, I've had one delivered here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

How long does delivery take?

I placed an order on Sunday and got an email confirming the order.. but no second email saying it's been dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

NeVeR wrote: »
    How long does delivery take?

I placed an order on Sunday and got an email confirming the order.. but no second email saying it's been dispatched.

it's been like that for a while. the order will show as being processed until it's delivered. usually you would have stuff no later than wednesday if you order on sunday but it's probably a bit slower this time of year.

• Advertisement

it's been like that for a while. the order will show as being processed until it's delivered. usually you would have stuff no later than wednesday if you order on sunday but it's probably a bit slower this time of year.

Thanks. So maybe today :D - I don't mind once it's before xmas,, i've ordered some presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 Location Time Pieces
    3 Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 07:10
    1 Pieces

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 Location Time Pieces
    2 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 19:59
    1 Pieces

Monday, December 09, 2013 Location Time Pieces
    1 Shipment information received LEEDS - UK 00:00

I ordered on the 8th and this is what I see on Tracking.

DHL tried to deliver something today.. ( i get it sent to my parents house ) and they must have still been in bed as it's posted as a missed delivery on DHL site.

What happens now ? .. will they try again later today or tomorrow ? .. or do I have to collect it now ?

I'm in tallaght.. where is there depot ?

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

NeVeR wrote: »
    DHL tried to deliver something today.. ( i get it sent to my parents house ) and they must have still been in bed as it's posted as a missed delivery on DHL site.

What happens now ? .. will they try again later today or tomorrow ? .. or do I have to collect it now ?

I'm in tallaght.. where is there depot ?

thanks.

Maybe you could try ringing them and asking all these questions.
    They will try re-delivery tomorrow anyway

ya rang them.. gave my number.. driver rang me back.. he would have delivered to my job if i was closer to my home address.. he said he might try get it to me later today.. but if not tomorrow.

have to say.. well impressed with DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paul64

Lads I placed an order last night and one item is pre order until 20 of january is there anyway I can cancel this and get rest of order sent before xmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

Bit of a warning re SportsDirects Irish website SportsWorld.ie. My internet security Bullguard is flagging it as a website known for stealing identity information and planting viruses.
    For your security BullGuard has blocked access to this page
    The site is listed as a malicious site that may be stealing identity information, plant viruses on your machine or do other harmful things.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

kn wrote: »
    Bit of a warning re SportsDirects Irish website SportsWorld.ie. My internet security Bullguard is flagging it as a website known for stealing identity information and planting viruses.

Your internet security software is junk, go for the best free one http://www.360safe.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Slightly off topic does anyone know how good these are at exchanges? Got football boots for my son as an Xmas present bought them dec 3rd but they are a size too small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

I've exchanged loads but usually within a week of buying. Check their website for maximum return time. You'll have to pay return postage but they'll exchange without issue if they have what your looking for.

Advertisement