Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

DERICKOO wrote: »
    GOD help us all from inferior customer service and products,:mad:

If you have no interest in them...... What are you doing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Can't vouch for the customer service as thankfully never had to deal with them but they offer a range that very few other stores online or otherwise can compete with.

I take an 11.5 in football boots and literally the only place I can get them at a reasonable price is on Sports Direct.

They don't sell them in that size in any bricks and mortar store I've tried (and I've tried a lot!)

I for one am grateful for them and hopefully when they open across Ireland they will do cheaper returns/shipping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I used them recently and lots of communication from them as to were items where etc. Dhl claimed I wasn't at fooking home tho, and I was. So had to collect from pick up point. No major hassle and would use SD again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I have never bought anything from SportsDirect & after todays report on their Employment Practices, I doubt I ever will - Worker exploiters, thugs & bullies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have never bought anything from SportsDirect & after todays report on their Employment Practices, I doubt I ever will - Worker exploiters, thugs & bullies.

Hope you don't shop pennys so, or but Nike gear.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

I get where you're coming from but most sporting goods are made in countries that exploit workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

this company is in the news at the moment
    It will probably be penny's (primark) again next
    You will run out of shops soon lol

this company is in the news at the moment
    It will probably be penny's (primark) again next
    You will run out of shops soon lol

No Penneys actually have a good record.

No Penneys actually have a good record.

So what was the story in the news about slave labour staff sending messages to be rescued on the labels - primark / penny's were both mentioned in bad light

Never heard of that.

Any Link(s) to story ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Never heard of that.

Any Link(s) to story ?

Google it
    Primark slave labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

It's hard to avoid it and is probably a discussion for another forum.

On the plus side due to the negative publicity they might be thinking it's a good time for another good deal! Though they are extremely rare these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Picked this up in Ballincollig earlier for 6.40 with the help of the 20%discount voucher

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Picked this up in Ballincollig earlier for 6.40 with the help of the 20%discount voucher

Was there many left ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Was there many left ??

Spotted at least another one could be more there

Picked one of these up a while back and am delighted with it. The young lad has gotten lots of use from it over the last few weeks. It seems to come in and out of stock.

€25.20 on SD
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/littlelife-beach-shelter-783271?colcode=78327190

€74.99 on the littlelife website and 46gbp on amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

SteM wrote: »
    Picked one of these up a while back and am delighted with it. The young lad has gotten lots of use from it over the last few weeks. It seems to come in and out of stock.
    €25.20 on SD
    You could've got 4 Halfords tents for €20 last year!

snubbleste wrote: »
    You could've got 4 Halfords tents for €20 last year!

Oh ffs. It's not a tent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oh ffs. It's not a tent.
    :D Sure looks like one, it even has a 'door'!

€25.20 on SD

'Colour: Family'

Ahhhhh.

€25.20 on SD

They only have 3 left so if you want one don't be fannying around.

snubbleste wrote: »
    :D Sure looks like one, it even has a 'door'!

I wonder why this threads gone to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ToneW

Ups are picking up returns from me in a couple of days, do I need to get a stamp or will they cover the delivery? I was told theyll have some sort of document printed out to go on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

ToneW wrote:
    Ups are picking up returns from me in a couple of days, do I need to get a stamp or will they cover the delivery? I was told theyll have some sort of document printed out to go on it.

No you don't need stamps. The document will be bar coded and have your name, address and order number on it. Ups delivery guy will attach the label to your returns so it can be matched up with your account for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Are returns free now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Are returns free now?
    I was going to ask the same thing. I found really nice nike runners on their site but don't want to buy them if it's going to cost a fortune to return.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Presumably you can't just bring them into Heatons, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Basq wrote: »
    I don't think so. On their site it says you have to return online purchases via post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Any discount codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭robnet77

I don't think so. On their site it says you have to return online purchases via post.

Can they be returned to a UK shop (e.g. the Newry one) instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Basq wrote: »

Spoke to an employee in Heatons in carrickmines today , who confirmed twice that you can bring online purchases to any Heatons store for refund or exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭cathalj

Spoke to an employee in Heatons in carrickmines today , who confirmed twice that you can bring online purchases to any Heatons store for refund or exchange.

You sure he/she was referring to Sportsdirect online purchases... as opposed to Heaton's online purchases ?...... would be very (pleasantly) surprised if you could return Sportsdirect purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

cathalj wrote: »
    You sure he/she was referring to Sportsdirect online purchases... as opposed to Heaton's online purchases ?...... would be very (pleasantly) surprised if you could return Sportsdirect purchases.

Yes, definitely sportdirect online purchases.
    He mentioned that they are transitioning from Heatons to Sportdirect and will change all the signs and adds as well , all staff already got the uniform with sportdirect printed on them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Yes, definitely sportdirect online purchases.
    He mentioned that they are transitioning from Heatons to Sportdirect and will change all the signs and adds as well , all staff already got the uniform with sportdirect printed on them .

That's great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

3rd ones, first two looked dated and heavy.

Reebox are making some lovely stuff lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Any codes around?

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Any codes around?

Code: Whydoyoukeepaskinforcodes gives 20% off. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭upinthesky

k swiss are the nicest by far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

upinthesky wrote: »
    k swiss are the nicest by far

Please be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Im not too impressed with express delivery

The only thing 'express' about it seems to be the delivery notifications.It appears to take the same time as the standard i normally use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Im not too impressed with express delivery

The only thing 'express' about it seems to be the delivery notifications.It appears to take the same time as the standard i normally use.

Yeah had exact same experience too. Perhaps you only get it quicker if you are based in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭_kookie

Is it me or has the price of goods on sportsdirect crept up over the last year.
    There used to be amazing bargains on it. Not so much anymore

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Looks like Sports Direct are going to open a store at the old Boyers store behind Clerys just off O'Connell Street:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/sports-direct-pays-12m-for-boyers-building-off-o-connell-st-1.2650822

I past it the other day and it has sports direct written all over the covering over the scaffolding. So looks like it will be a sports direct store rather then Heatons.

_kookie wrote: »

They definitely have. The bargains are just not there anymore like they used to be.

At one stage they had the pound and euro equal and were giving free shipping! You could buy a 50p item for 50c and DHL would roll up with it a few days later, free shipping. Crazy. Obviously that wasn't going to last but they obviously set out to make a name for themselves which they have done.
    "Get a name as a hard worker and you can stay in bed as long as you want". They no longer have the low prices they used to it but they still have a name for it.

Once they officially launch the Irish stores there should be some bargain to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Just tried to return an item to Heatons Cork, their systems aren't set up for this yet, and won't be for a while. Did you actually return anything?

_kookie wrote: »

Could be because their Victorian style workplace practices are beginning to catch up with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/22/mike-ashley-running-sports-direct-like-victorian-workhouse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Could be because their Victorian style workplace practices are beginning to catch up with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/22/mike-ashley-running-sports-direct-like-victorian-workhouse

I'd recommend anyone reading that article before their next purchase.

Advertisement