Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

Anyone heard an update on when the North Earl St shop is due to open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Anyone heard an update on when the North Earl St shop is due to open?

It will be interesting to see how big it's going to be.
    boyers was a fairly big shop, wonder will it be the same square footage..... I doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sharing the store with USC another brand owned by Sports Direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sharing the store with USC another brand owned by Sports Direct

USC !! That won't be a very popular brand. Them feckers already take enough out of my pay packet without going instore to give them more :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

I'm interested in the Cat founder boots in bronze, they seem very cheap in comparison to other shops, only €32

Do you reckon these going to be the same quality product as other shops?

I can't post a link to them sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

I wouldn't think so iHungry, but I've no proof of that.

People bought €25 Levi 501s from them and complained that they were nothing like the ones here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Soarer wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so iHungry, but I've no proof of that.

People bought €25 Levi 501s from them and complained that they were nothing like the ones here.

This is something I wouldn't agree with, this is a very good post from reddit that I think is closer to the truth than when people say sportsdirect have some sort of Levis 'b' stock. I have bought Levis jeans in the flagship Levis shop in San Francisco and there really isn't any difference from what I got from sports direct. I've bought other big brands from sportsdirect like North Face and Adidas and again they seem fine to me compared to what you would get elsewhere. Now when it comes to sports direct stuff like karrimor and donnay they are absolute rubbish. Bottom line I think most of the big brands that sportsdirect sell are same as you will get anywhere else. It's very subjective though and some people will swear the jeans they got in Brown Thomas are not same quality as the ones from sportsdirect which is only natural. Just my 2 cents

This is something I wouldn't agree with,

So what part don't you agree with?
    The part that I don't think so (which I don't)?
    The part where I don't have any proof (which I don't)?
    The part where people bought cheap Levi's (which they did)?
    Or the part where people complained (which they did)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

quick question regarding an order - thought it should be delivered by now and noticed 2 items are pre-order. does this mean order on hold until these items come in?
    status is "awaiting pre-order"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

fifib wrote: »
    quick question regarding an order - thought it should be delivered by now and noticed 2 items are pre-order. does this mean order on hold until these items come in?
    status is "awaiting pre-order"

Yep your whole order will be on hold, until the pre-order stuff comes in.

• Advertisement

So what part don't you agree with?
    The part that I don't think so (which I don't)?
    The part where I don't have any proof (which I don't)?
    The part where people bought cheap Levi's (which they did)?
    Or the part where people complained (which they did)?

Just stating my opinion on the matter, what's yours?

I don't have an opinion on it.

I was just asking which part of my post you wouldn't agree with.

I don't have an opinion on it.

I was just asking which part of my post you wouldn't agree with.

Not sure where the confusion is, thought it was pretty clear from my initial response. I wouldn't agree with the sentiment that some people(Not you personally it would appear?) don't think the quality of Levis jeans sold by sportsdirect is the same as you would get in more reputable/Levis store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who cares?

Where's the bargains?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sports direct to open old in old boyers shop talbot street soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm interested in the Cat founder boots in bronze, they seem very cheap in comparison to other shops, only ?32

Do you reckon these going to be the same quality product as other shops?

I can't post a link to them sorry

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to see if amazon will price match for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any working discount codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

keano_afc wrote: »
    Any working discount codes?

:D any working bargains ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Does sports direct own regatta ?

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Does sports direct own regatta ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regatta_(clothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭tandcapply

Nowso wrote: »
    sports direct to open old in old boyers shop talbot street soon

Any idea when is soon?
    The sign was up a week ago, but builders still at it and I can't guestimate how long is left.

I'm on the fence for big size shoes, hoping they'll have anything I can try first for a change.

In china they would have built a town by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

looks like heatons are involved simalar to Navan store which wasnt great when i was in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wouldn't expect the new Sports Direct store to open anytime soon. They've been working on it for well over six months now and when I passed a few days ago the inside was still a shell.

It has to be one of the slowest redevelopments I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Sportsdirect reopening two story shop in Dundalk retail park soon.

Currently sportsworld upstairs and Heatons downstairs. Heatons closing to allow sports direct expansion

is there any actual sports direct shops open yet in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Seve OB wrote: »

Heatons / Sports World are the same company.

There's one being built in Dublin City. But haven't seen anything about when it'll be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tbourk02

Think there is one in Castlebar

Heatons / Sports World are the same company.

There's one being built in Dublin City. But haven't seen anything about when it'll be finished.

I know that. I was just wondering if there were any actual Sports Direct Shops as opposed to Sports World open here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Seve OB wrote:

A few have opened under sports direct ,I'm finding since they've changed over they've become more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Passed the one on North Earl St a few minutes ago. Over the last week they to seemed to get the finger out. All the shelving looks up, painting around the door is being done and just a bit of flooring needs to go down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There's one in Drogheda. Cheaper to buy online though

Seems there are officially none here just yet according to their own website

34390159052_63d0c71b87_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sportsworld don't match the website prices, so I wonder will Sports Direct when they open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is a sports direct in Limerick. It was a sports world upstairs with heatons downstairs now it's sportdirect downstairs and heatons upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

At this stage all of the SportsWorld stores are Sportsdirect in all but the name on the outside of the building.

I have noticed slight price differentials between store and web prices, but they're not huge in most cases, and I'd be about happy to pay it for the convenience of not waiting.

It will be interesting to see if they start bringing the store prices in line with web at some point though, especially if they will offer click+collect deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, mostly just in the name. Maybe it's like Primark/Penneys. Penneys staff here now have their new uniforms(t-shirts) which say Primark but above the door it says Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Bought 2 pairs of Dunlop canvas trainers for the kids and both are about 2 sizes too big.

Not worth the hassle sending them back just be aware if anyone is buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pretty certain the Heatons in Naas has the SD logo on their Credit Card reader screen, although the till receipt still says Heatons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

JonnyM wrote: »
    Bought 2 pairs of Dunlop canvas trainers for the kids and both are about 2 sizes too big.

Not worth the hassle sending them back just be aware if anyone is buying.

at least they will grow into them

Said it before here, if SD own the brand look at it in store first. It's a lottery in terms of quality especially shoes. Dunlop , Airwalk, No Fear are but a few I won't buy from them they are cheap for a reason.

They do have good prices on other ones and consistent sizing like DC, Nike etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

I bought hiking shoes for myself that are too big :mad:has anyone tried to exchange in a Sports World shop by any chance

Its not worth sending them back tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Walked past the one on talbot street yesterday. Its not that far away from being finished. They are currently fitting it out. Looks good inside with the different brands being split up in sections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

I went into my first bricks & mortar sportsdirect store recently (Lisburn). The quantity of non-SD brands was shockingly low and there were pretty much no deals to be had on any.

I have a good few karrimor running clothes from 4-5 years ago, so tried on some of their t-shirts and shorts. The degradation in quality from good for the price (rather than "good") to crap is astonishing, and the prices have only gone up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

The only bargain is the one they got themselves on the American expansion deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

treble1999 wrote: »
    Walked past the one on talbot street yesterday. Its not that far away from being finished. They are currently fitting it out. Looks good inside with the different brands being split up in sections

Walked past this morning, overheard someone working there saying it's open Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone know if the new store is open near the Spire?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ben36

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new store is open near the Spire?

Yes,it opened today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Dublin-Opening

20% off voucher for Dublin store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I had a quick look today and it's hard to believe the prices. Seeing €50 for Sketchers/Nike in an Irish store.

Was gonna go in another day for a pair of Sketchers now with this voucher I'll be sprinting in lol Thanks btw

Slunk wrote: »
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/Dublin-Opening

20% off voucher for Dublin store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Where is their Dublin store?

Advertisement