Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney clyle track to Fossa

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

I read in the paper lately that there are plans to extend the new cycle track all the way around lough Leane. Just curious if anybody knows the route, particularly if it goes through Tomies and if so how it will affect the landowner at the entrance to Tomies wood who is VERY adverse to people going through his land.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I read in the paper lately that there are plans to extend the new cycle track all the way around lough Leane. Just curious if anybody knows the route, particularly if it goes through Tomies and if so how it will affect the landowner at the entrance to Tomies wood who is VERY adverse to people going through his land.

Ya I heard that too. so far the new route is top class. They have as far as I know sorted any issues regarding going through land

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

apparently its a 38km route around the lake..

That sounds amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

apparently its a 38km route around the lake..

That sounds amazing!
    I presume it will follow the lake and meet up with the existing path at dinis cottage.I wonder if they will incorporate the trails at tomies?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Its about time this type of thing is done in fairness.. Travelling to Spain as a child on holidays and its all paths for walking along the beach. Should be here all along the lake.. I have been saying it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I presume it will follow the lake and meet up with the existing path at dinis cottage.I wonder if they will incorporate the trails at tomies?

I presume they will, it would prob save money and hard work!

• Advertisement
Advertisement