Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dohertys hamburger meat/mince

Options
  • 16-01-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Why is it that even on dohertys own website they say this is a very popular product in the northwest!!! Ive always seen it in my grans fridge and my old granduncle (bachelors) fridges !
    Doesnt exactly seem like choice quality mince :p
    Any ideas on this one
    Or even recipies :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

All my mother ever used was dohertys special mince and dohertys sausages. All of my mates would have said the same. That would have taken in manor, galdonagh, pluck,raphoe etc etc. That's going back a bit, but it is still all she uses. I didn't even know there were other options till moved out! It's maybe not the institution it once was but there is no doubting its popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah, my mum would have regularly bought it.
    I remember getting Doherty's mince and gray, she'd also use it for spaghetti, cottage pie, and probably loads more I've forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Irelandsfinest

I buy Dohertys sausages when i see them in stock, they're decent enough i haven't tried their mince yet. If this is the same Dohertys or not i'm not sure but these Dohertys are based in Derry. Cheap mince is allright for burgers but you need to pass it through a blender and apparently if you add grated carrot to it it improves the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Dohertys Special Mince FTW!

Use it for Spag Bol, make meatballs out of it and add gravy for a lovely mess, made burgers outta it too, mmmmmm hungry now.

I know when i was living in Galway there would always be excitement anytime myself or my Donegal mates were going home as it meant 3 things.

Home cooked meals,
    A Chance to bring back heaps of mcdaids,
    A chance to bring back heaps of dohertys anything.

The sausages were always kept for that really hungover day.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

I got burgers out of McGee's Butchers in letterkenny shopping center last week and ended up throwing them out. Rotton. No taste at all.

Can ya buy dohertys mince burgers in shops in LK ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I got burgers out of McGee's Butchers in letterkenny shopping center last week and ended up throwing them out. Rotton. No taste at all.

Can ya buy dohertys mince burgers in shops in LK ?

you can buy the hamburger mince in a packet that you can make into your own burgers if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Don't think I ever had their plain burgers the spicy ones and the meetballs they have are good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

oh crikey, even reading this thread makes me nauseous, that mince is vile stuff!! Not a sausage fan so can't comment on them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Not a sausage fan so can't comment on them :pac:

I'm resisting the urge to make a smart reply to that last post :pac:

Advertisement