Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saab museum collection for sale ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1071826_more-than-100-cars-from-saab-museum-listed-in-bankruptcy-sale.

couldnt find the link but found this one instead.....I cant see all those saabs leaving sweden....thats like the Government selling the Book of Kells...although thats probably a possiblity..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

G Luxel wrote: »

Yup, all links to the receivers have gone dead. Maybe they've gone bankrupt?!
    G Luxel wrote: »
    thats like the Government selling the Book of Kells...although thats probably a possiblity..........
    :pac:

Brings this to mind:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

That collection deserves to be kept together, and I hope it is. I suppose a few of them could be sold but the vast majority are unique. There are enough seriously wealthy people in Sweden, it will be interesting to see what happens to them.

Some interesting stuff there like the joystick car, Mercedes experimented with this idea too in the 90's. Its a pity a few of them were never launched, such as the early estates, or some of the later concept cars, but I guess in the latter years with GM ownership adventurous ideas got squashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

It's so nice to see the joystick car again. I have great memories of hiding a copy of Car Magazine back around 1988 in my school book in class reading about this! it absolutely fired my imagination and I thought at the time we'd be almost having our cars doing the driving for us by 2010! It's funny to see how things actually turn out. Back then I thought SAABs were the coolest bloody car you could get and I still do, except for the rubbish that GM shoved them into producing. I was a bit disappointed in 1992 when I saw my first new style 900 and totally demotivated when I saw the replacement booted model. GM have a lot to answer for. I really hope that collection stays together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Redrocket wrote: »
    The city of Trollhättan, SAAB AB and The Wallenberg foundations – those are the ones who make sure that the Saab Museum will stay in Trollhättan. Together they have paid 28 million SEK for the whole collection.
    A lot has happened since Saab filed for bankruptcy in december. Two bankruptcy administrators were appointed and later on a third joined in.
    They quickly realized that more money was needed to keep the bankruptcy proceedings alive and quickly it was established that the Saab Cars Museum could bring in the first millions.
    And now it’s a done deal, the museum will remain in Trollhättan. The running costs of the museum, will be handled by the city of Trollhättan and Västragötalandsregionen (regional government). P4 West have previous reported that the region, the city and a collection of Saab-veterans wanted to take over the running of the museum.

Nice to see some good news regarding classics for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

28,000,000.00 SEK = 3,167,737.40 EUR
    not bad :)

Advertisement