Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy payment nightmare, need advice please.

Options
  • 16-01-2012 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I was made redundant last June, along with 3 others, as the company was closing down. They were not in a position to pay redundancy so an RP50 form was signed and sent away along with a letter from the company's accountant confirming that the funds were not there to pay anyone. This RP50 was submitted on-line and i have a receipt showing the details went through along with a claim number.

I was informed that i would have to wait approximately 6 months before i would get the payment. I called a couple of days ago to see how much longer i would have to wait and was told that they have no record of my claim.

I explained that i had a claim number and was told that this meant nothing. They then told me that i would have to resubmit a new RP50 form along with copies of my previous employers company accounts as a letter from the accountant is no longer enough. Their excuse to not having my form is that they changed systems in September 2011 and lots of the information sent over last summer has been lost. I was totally shocked at this as not only me but how many others are out there now totally oblivious to this problem!!! The office i spoke with have said that they are having to explain this same problem to people everyday.

That fact that the information was put through on-line must mean that there is a record somewhere??????

I have been told that the new claim will take between 6-9 months to process. This has left me in an awful position as i am still out of work and in need of this payment.

I am getting nowhere with this department and am wondering is there anyone else i can go to? I know Citizens advice maybe able to help, but is there anything else i can do.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You've got a claim no., receipt of claim and supplied the necessary proof required at the time. It cannot be your fault that the paperwork was lost.

Might the local TD be able to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lengap

It now appears that they have found my information which is great news for me but i would advise anyone currently waiting for a redundancy payment to double check that your information is on file.

Advertisement