Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major help needed from all you creative people!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Let me guess, some group came into your class and asked if you wanted to pay em to go work in africa for a few weeks?

They did this to us in 4th year, came in selling butlers chocolate bars and asked if some of us wanted to go to India for 2 weeks and help in a poorly funded hospital or something. It would only cost us like €5000 and we could sell butlers chocolate bars to raise the money. The entire year of about 50 people remained completely silent, it was the most awkward feeling ever but rightly so.
    They can fcuk off with their butlers chocolate and trying to get a bunch of 16 year olds to raise so much for a trip to India. They didnt even warn us, just showed up one day.

I really hope most of the money goes towards the orphans, they are the ones who really need it. Nature can heal animals as it runs it's course

Id rather see nature and animals being supported than a bunch humans who will inevitably destroy nature itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I really hope most of the money goes towards the orphans, they are the ones who really need it. Nature can heal animals as it runs it's course

Sure aren't we all just animals in the end, we just wear clothes. Other animals would look funny in clothes. Imagine a giraffe with a top hat! Or a cardigan! I digress...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Adventure charity.

Cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Id rather see nature and animals being supported than a bunch humans who will inevitably destroy nature itself.

You are hard hearted. You would rather money going to towards the preservation of elephants and lions that towards orphans and street children, the most vulnerable and defenseless children who have not one person in the world that cares about them, most of those children will be lead into a life of hell where they will be violated and exploited in every way a human being can be; prostitution, slavery, drug addiction, human trafficking, and being brainwashed and being trained to be child soliders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

cocoshovel wrote: »
    So hypothetically speaking you'd rather save vegetation and two intelligent and powerful animals rather than say ensure that 100 children don't die of starvation or end up living a horrible life?

Sure aren't we all just animals in the end, we just wear clothes. Other animals would look funny in clothes. Imagine a giraffe with a top hat! Or a cardigan! I digress...

No, we are more than just meat suits maybe you still behave like a cave person as your attitude seems to suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Right, I am 17, going to Africa in July, with a friend of mine, to Zimbabwe, to work on the Conservation Project for Lions and Elephants, and also work with local orphans as part of the project also.
    The cost for the two of us to go is roughly 5,000, so we're looking for ideas for fundraising.
    We've come up with a few, like a girls VS boys day in school, with a like, cook off, penalty shoot out, general knowledge quiz, things like that, get the teachers involved too, and even have a non-uniform day that day also! And, then have a poker night in our local GAA, and a sponsored wax, with the lads form the GAA. Anything to raise as much as we can.
    I was wondering what other ideas you wonderful people may have in terms of fundraising events we could hold!

I went to Uganda last Summer and had to raise 4000! Here's just a few ideas :D
    - A sponsored silence in your school
    -A race night, now these are kinda hard to explain but basically you get videos of races and get people to bet on them... if you want to no more PM me and I'l dig out the instructions, I know my friends did it!
    -A MONEY SNAKE! These are really cool if you could get your school or old Primary School involved. You get kids to bring in 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c coins, and draaw the outline of a snake in a playground. Again PM and I can send you photos.

Am I the only one who read that as dougal maguire? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No, we are more than just meat suits maybe you still behave like a cave person as your attitude seems to suggest.

We were plains people we never lived in caves but our cro-magnon cousins did and we are carnivores we have only been putting a bigger quantity of vegetables in our diet for about 10000 years.

We can live on meat alone, but the Innuit or the Native Americans before the Europeans arrived did not eat vegetables and who could blame them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I occasionally throw poo at people

44leto wrote: »
    We were plains people we never lived in caves but our cro-magnon cousins did and we are carnivores we have only been putting a bigger quantity of vegetables in our diet for about 10000 years.

We can live on meat alone, but the Innuit or the Native Americans before the Europeans arrived did not eat vegetables and who could blame them.

Are you going to tell that to the orphans and street children in africa

You are hard hearted. You would rather money going to towards the preservation of elephants and lions that towards orphans and street children, the most vulnerable and defenseless children who have not one person in the world that cares about them, most of those children will be lead into a life of hell where they will be violated and exploited in every way a human being can be; prostitution, slavery, drug addiction, human trafficking, and being brainwashed and being trained to be child soliders

So hypothetically speaking you'd rather save vegetation and two intelligent and powerful animals rather than say ensure that 100 children don't die of starvation or end up living a horrible life?

Yes. Also not just 2, perhaps hundreds or thousands.

Advertisement