Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 x iPads

• 16-01-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to buy 10-12 iPad 2's.

Is there anywhere I could go to get some sort of a discount or should I just buy directly online from Apple?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Go through the business store:
    http://store.apple.com/ie-business

They'll probably be able to negotiate something for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If rumours are correct the ipad3 will be launched in march which usually means a price drop of the previous model, last year the ipad1s were for sale for about €329 iirc, if your not in a hurry i'd suggest holding out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Can't see Apple offering a big discount but would be interested in
    hearing what they give you off for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Don't forget to go through fatcheese to get 2% cashback, thats €97 cashback on 10 of the cheapest ipads.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i wanted 2,500 and they only offered a -2% discount :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

i wanted 2,500 and they only offered a -2% discount :eek:

What on earth would you need that amount for?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Don't forget to go through fatcheese to get 2% cashback, thats €97 cashback on 10 of the cheapest ipads.
    ^This.
    Also. If its for a small business look into grants etc.

@ zohan - 1 for each member of staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Jaysus. Can I have a job please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ah very good...if it was me I would have went the fatcheese way and paid by UlsterBank Visa so I could claim back the "YourPoints". That would give you an additional €7,000 worth of vouchers to spend in Argos for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Holy Moley

I work in one the the biggest biotech sites in Ireland and we don't have that many people

You must be in the Civil Service

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

where do I sign up for a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Holy Moley

I work in one the the biggest biotech sites in Ireland and we don't have that many people

You must be in the Civil Service

Any biotech jobs goin?

Apple didnt budge on -2% so we never progressed and are still using Dell laptops !

and i'm not civil service, we're pan european - not all staff are based in ireland.

see qoute here (names removed to protect the innocent)

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii505/tigershould/applequote.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭whippet

Apple didnt budge on -2% so we never progressed and are still using Dell laptops !

and i'm not civil service, we're pan european - not all staff are based in ireland.

see qoute here (names removed to protect the innocent)

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii505/tigershould/applequote.png

I would suggest you went the wrong route to apple on this one. a B2B Reseller would have been a better angle.

however, depending on what the demand for the particular product you are looking at from apple will affect their willingness to discount. The iPad 2 supply still can't keep up with demand and I would be surprised if even apple would have been able to supply 2500 units in a single 'customer' order !

whippet wrote: »

yeh, i agree - i was just testing the water with them and in fact they told me that there was no way they could guatantee more than 20 units a month (so it would have taken 10 years to fulfil the order!)

we're considering android now, as the hardware is cheaper and on an equal par with ipad

yeh, i agree - i was just testing the water with them and in fact they told me that there was no way they could guatantee more than 20 units a month (so it would have taken 10 years to fulfil the order!)

we're considering android now, as the hardware is cheaper and on an equal par with ipad

Wow i have to say - it boggles the mind the Apple can basically afford to turn down such business as you were offering them:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭whippet

Wow i have to say - it boggles the mind the Apple can basically afford to turn down such business as you were offering them:eek:

when you have people queuing up to buy the product and every reseller and retial outlet selling them begging for stock it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference to apple. In essence they are selling as many as they can make and ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

For a purchase of that size, perhaps I had tried to negotiate the deal directly with Apple US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wow

That's a pretty lame discout.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

as i say, just testing the water.

if we do go back, it'll be to the Vice President Sales in Cupertino! - not some random sales 'exec' in Cork who cant authorise anything more than their basic -2%

having said that, as Whippet said above, they cant manufacture the things fast enough, they're flying off the shelves quicker than they can make them.

So i have a question - if they can't provide you with 2500 paying almost full price - now that they have launched ibooks 2 to replace the text book - how are they going to provide millions for school kids with the educational discounts ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So i have a question - if they can't provide you with 2500 paying almost full price - now that they have launched ibooks 2 to replace the text book - how are they going to provide millions for school kids with the educational discounts ?

They are in stock now on all models, and I have no doubt they could churn out 2500 in a day if necessary. While they can give bigger discounts for education, I'm not sure if they would do much better on iPads. I'd wait until iPad 3 is announced, but then you probably wouldn't get 2,500.

Advertisement