Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Drogheda.....but where?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to rent in Drogheda in the near future. Both of us have no idea of what area's we should look at. I work in North Wicklow and my girlfriend works in Dundalk.

We would like to have easy access to the motorway as I have quite a long commute (1 hour), ideally we would like to be close to shops etc. so does anyone have any suggestions in where is good areas to rent?

Or what areas to avoid.....without starting a huge debate on Boards! :)

Appreciate any advice, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I work as a letting agent in the town and the parts preferential to me would be southside drogheda in estates such as wheaton hall, 5 oaks & grange rath or any were around them. It is also a better side of town to get onto the motorway without having to pay the toll (if going southbound)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Are you both going to be driving or is your girlfriend going to be using the bus or train to get to Dundalk? If one of you is depending on public transport then it will probably impact on where you will rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Gormanstown or Julianstown would be my ideas.

Right bang next to the motorway, On the southside so you won't have to pay the toll (GF will, tho she has the option of going through town or getting the Matthews bus at City North)

Probably cheaper than renting in town too!

Personally I would avoid renting in town. There are 10 sets of traffic lights between Georges St. and the Southgate shopping centre, so the motorway is the best way to get around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 planet1

By far the best place is Meadowview if you can get a place there, close to motorway, shopping centre, railway station. Lovely quiet area, southside, the other estates mentioned are all outside town

Advertisement