Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boosting your CV

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm going over to Oz on a WHV after I graduate in June.I can't wait.Whilst I'm looking forward to the partying,etc I am keen to do things which will look good on my CV and impress future prospective employers.I have friends over there at the minute who are mainly working on construction sites.I would be happy doing this at times but don't want to spend my whole year or two doing this and drinking my earnings.What sort of opportunities are there which could boost my CV?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

ps.my degree is in history.I don't have a specific career in mind.Just looking to acquire skills which could be transferred to the workplace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

IlCapitano wrote: »
    Just looking to acquire skills which could be transferred to the workplace.
    The workplace can mean a different thing to every person you ask!

And there's a reason your mates are working on the building sites. Maybe your question would get better advice in the Work & Jobs forum?

Advertisement