Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

BOHtox wrote: »
    The Setanta Cup is covered by season tickets and Membership Cards.

If you have renewed it but haven't been issued with another one you can use last year's.

Whats the damage on a season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Trilla wrote: »
    Whats the damage on a season ticket?

€220 methinks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lots of positives from tonight. Moore (8) and Ward (10) both looked very comfortable with the ball at their feet. Dinny looked sharp, needs to work on holding the ball up though. Thought Feely did quite well, got his head on everything. Even Joyce put in a good shift!

Sexton looked poor under the high balls and his distribution was suspect at times, made 2 great saves when need though in fairness to him. Thought we looked a bit suspect defensively at times, organisation needs to be worked on.

Not bad for afirst game though :).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Also, what a fcuking goal

Is that yellow jersey Bohs were wearing last night on sale yet? Really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is that yellow jersey Bohs were wearing last night on sale yet? Really liked it.

Nice alright. I think they are waiting on a full time sponser before they put they jerseys on sale. I could be very wrong though.

Dancor wrote: »
    Nice alright. I think they are waiting on a full time sponser before they put they jerseys on sale. I could be very wrong though.

It was sponsored by www.leanonme.net last night. Would've assumed it'd have been Dublin Bet myself unless they've ended their partnership with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

It was sponsored by www.leanonme.net last night. Would've assumed it'd have been Dublin Bet myself unless they've ended their partnership with them.

seen this on thebohs.com
    Was talking to one of the women running the club shop at the Killester game and she said the charity sponsorship is for one game only as we are still finalising our main sponsors for the coming season. She said Macron have the new jerseys ready to go but are holding off until we have the sponsors name.

http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17629

Yeah new away is very nice, was a bit pessimistic when I heard canary yellow I must admit :o

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who thinks that Aaron Callaghan looks a bit like Robert DeNiro. :pac:

595310.jpg

golden-globes-de-niro.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Am I the only one who thinks that Aaron Callaghan looks a bit like Robert DeNiro. :pac:

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

What's this I'm hearing about Derry (possibly) not being permitted to play in Europe and us getting in instead??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Squelchy wrote: »
    What's this I'm hearing about Derry (possibly) not being permitted to play in Europe and us getting in instead??? :confused::confused::confused:

Confirmed by Derry that they've been denied.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0127/1224310808680.html

Gavin also confirmed the league expects word from Uefa in the coming weeks on whether it has been successful in obtaining an exemption for Derry City from the rule that only clubs whose parent company has been trading for three years can enter European competition. If Uefa say no then Bohemians will take the club’s place in the Europa League.

bohsman wrote: »
    Confirmed by Derry that they've been denied.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0127/1224310808680.html

Gavin also confirmed the league expects word from Uefa in the coming weeks on whether it has been successful in obtaining an exemption for Derry City from the rule that only clubs whose parent company has been trading for three years can enter European competition. If Uefa say no then Bohemians will take the club’s place in the Europa League.

Sad for Derry City if so, as they're there on merit but, well, the joy of 1 round of European competition for us! :D

Sad for Derry City if so, as they're there on merit but, well, the joy of 1 round of European competition for us! :D
    Rules are rules ;) Great news if we do get in, especially if can avoid getting someone in the back arse of nowhere.

• Advertisement

Great news if we do get in, especially if can avoid getting someone in the back arse of nowhere.

Like Oswestry and Llansantffraid? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Like Oswestry and Llansantffraid? :eek:

Don't go there Girlfriend....
    *clicks fingers like heavy set African American woman*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why sad? They didn't go broke, they flat out cheated and as a result have put themselves in a better position to qualify for Europe this season. That doesn't constitute merit to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rules are rules ;) Great news if we do get in, especially if can avoid getting someone in the back arse of nowhere.

We have dibs on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Omackeral wrote: »
    Don't go there Girlfriend....
    *clicks fingers like heavy set African American woman*

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/You-think-you-know-everything-Youre-like-a-black-woman-in-hindsight/114135132022842?sk=wall

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

CSF wrote: »
    Why sad? They didn't go broke, they flat out cheated and as a result have put themselves in a better position to qualify for Europe this season. That doesn't constitute merit to me.

How did it put Derry in a better position having to come up from a lower position.

But I guess fair play to Bohs for putting in the complaint when the rest of the FAI were backing Derry.

Just dont know how Bohs got a premier license with the mass of debt it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

How did it put Derry in a better position having to come up from a lower position.

But I guess fair play to Bohs for putting in the complaint when the rest of the FAI were backing Derry.

Why wouldn't we have got a license because of our debt? We have agreements with our creditors and if needs be could sell Dalymount. We're handling our debt in a professional manner. Unlike some other clubs have.

Name the criterion, or criteria, you believe we have broken and I'll try to clear it up.

Read MariborKevs blog post, I'm sure you'll agree that he is a sensible poster, he is spot on -http://brandyblogs.wordpress.com/

Bohs had as much right to put their argument across as Derry had to put their case to UEFA in the first place.

If you don't know how Bohs got a license then you shouldn't really be able to have an informed opinion on the Derry situation either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

By having almost all their debt eradicated, the same kind of debts that you reckon Bohs shouldn't have got a licence because of, them ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Name the criterion, or criteria, you believe we have broken and I'll try to clear it up.

Having players on duel contracts but under "ground staff" or "barmen" to beat the system. Same system that cost Derry their place in the league.
    Read MariborKevs blog post, I'm sure you'll agree that he is a sensible poster, he is spot on -http://brandyblogs.wordpress.com/

Bohs had as much right to put their argument across as Derry had to put their case to UEFA in the first place.

If you don't know how Bohs got a license then you shouldn't really be able to have an informed opinion on the Derry situation either.

No as that blog post says I did know this Derry team is a different team to what was there before and formed just 2 years ago.

They may play in the same ground and all but its not the same team.
    bassey wrote: »
    Why wouldn't we have got a license because of our debt? We have agreements with our creditors and if needs be could sell Dalymount. We're handling our debt in a professional manner. Unlike some other clubs have.

Same way Rangers have been living for the past few seasons.
    CSF wrote: »
    By having almost all their debt eradicated, the same kind of debts that you reckon Bohs shouldn't have got a licence because of, them ones.

This Derry team is different from the one before and have lost out and some high sell on clauses, and those who took over paid off some of the debts they had.

Feel sorry for Pender, didnt want to play in Europe so signed for bohs.

Having players on duel contracts but under "ground staff" or "barmen" to beat the system. Same system that cost Derry their place in the league.

Just simply did not happen. Rovers and the FAI went through our accounts very carefully and found nothing.

Them rumours, and I stress nothing more than rumours, were untrue. What I believe to be the case was Mark Rossiter retired from football at an early age due to an injury. He took out an insurance claim. He was therefore unable to play professional football again. Bohs signed him on a part time player contract. He was also signed as a coach for the youth team. You have two contracts. One of which was hidden. Ours was upfront and the FAI could see it. There is absolutely no way you can compare Derry's disgraceful behaviour to this.

EDIT: As Bohsman said, the FAI, Rovers and Auditors went through our accounts and found it all legal and above board.

• Advertisement

So is European participation confirmed yet or still pending approval from some set of yahoo bureaucrats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just simply did not happen. Rovers and the FAI went through our accounts very carefully and found nothing.

lLike youse didn't go crying to Abbottstown to make sure Cork got their wages paid ahead of playing us in 2009 and this year to make sure you got into Europe instead of Derry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

stovelid wrote: »
    lLike youse didn't go crying to Abbottstown to make sure Cork got their wages paid ahead of playing us in 2009 and this year to make sure you got into Europe instead of Derry.

I don't think he was having a go. Bohs' accounts were all over the Ultras forum and I'm sure certain Rovers fans were trying their damnedest to find some irregularities. T'would be no different were the roles reversed.

Whatever about the FAI and the thorough checks I'm sure they give all clubs :rolleyes:

stovelid wrote: »

Really wasn't having a go. I want things done by the books at Bohs and have done for years. That victory over Aberdeen may be the worst thing that ever happened to the club.

http://www.drive105.co.uk/ have match commentary for tonights game. :)

Bohs fans, players, Eric Lalor, Johnny Logan, Mairead Farrell and Craig Dolye all siniging "Hold Me Now" on RTE 2.

Keith Buckley is a fúcking legend btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Great Publicity for the club even if it were cringeworthy at times:D

JLO and Eric Lalor are legends

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1139592

Had a boner for the full half hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hold Me Now, the gayest football chant ever!!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

What exaclty is a 'red army'? Is all the 14 year olds in the camac? or what about 'never back down'? I mean those who live in glass houses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

monkey9 wrote: »

Agree to a point, never sing the song, much more of a Gold chanter

What exaclty is a 'red army'? Is all the 14 year olds in the camac? or what about 'never back down'? I mean those who live in glass houses...

Yeah but....i wanna slag Bohs!!! The glass house scenario doesn't suit my agenda!!

Cmon now hes not wrong. it is a gay football song. in fairness its your song born out of a trip to Austria? but its as gay as this (which the SEI have sang)

major bill wrote: »
    Agree to a point, never sing the song, much more of a Gold chanter

I genuinely hate this song so much!!! It really is like the scraping of nails down a blackboard to my ears! What was going through their heads when they were writing this sh!te.

Fúck me, it's going to be a long long season.

• Advertisement

We do have ridiculous opening fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads we all knew it would be a long hard season this year. To kid ourselves otherwise would be naive. However, I saw enough in our first half encounter with Shels to think we will be safe. Here's to hoping anyway!!

Anyway, the reason for posting is that I've got a question. Does there be a decent crowd i.e. buzz/noise/numbers at Drogheda away? Its a fixture I've never made it to. I've a mate who is Drogheda-based and is interested in going, what type of fan would I be if I didnt encourage him?

I've taken someone who was only half interested/not arsed before to Shamrock Rovers in Tallaght (Behind Enemy Lines!!!) and they loved it.

Drogheda away is by far my favourite fixture. There does be loads down packed into a tiny tin shed in the very corner. Great atmosphere if it gets going too. The view is shocking for the far goal but still I like it.

I never thought it would be easy. In fact I had to laugh at some lad on our forum who thought we could finish top 4:D

A key thing is obviously goals. Defensively I think we'll gel. McMillan, Pender, Heary will be vital this season but if players like Karl Moore, Seán Stewart, Lee Dixon, Ryan McEvoy, Keith Ward and others chip in to help Dinny up front I think we'll survive.

My hopes:
    Avoid relegation
    At least a point in Tallaght
    Not to be absolutely destroyed in Europe
    The players to keep their confidence and play great football.

A cup final would be a bonus but I'm not really getting my hopes up for that. That would be the cherry on the icing on the cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We do have ridiculous opening fixtures

Same fixtures as us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

My hopes:
    Avoid relegation
    At least a point in Tallaght
    Not to be absolutely destroyed in Europe
    The players to keep their confidence and play great football.

A cup final would be a bonus but I'm not really getting my hopes up for that. That would be the cherry on the icing on the cake

My predictions:
    Avoid relegation: On the basis of what I've seen so far this year (5 friendlies, 1 LSC match and 3 league games)I would say that you're slightly below the level of Longford but slightly better than Mervue. Having said that it is hard to get relegated and you're not the only Premier League club worse than the top 2 in the first division so it will come down to the 6-pointers against Monaghan and Dundalk.

At least a point in Tallaght: unlikely but I'm hoping for that, too.

Not to be absolutely destroyed in Europe: You will be destroyed in Europe.

The players to keep their confidence and play great football: confidence will take some real knocks; what's great football?

Cup final: no.

Look on the bright side: you still have a club. Just about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement