Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

born2bwild wrote: »
    My predictions:
    Avoid relegation: On the basis of what I've seen so far this year (5 friendlies, 1 LSC match and 3 league games)I would say that you're slightly below the level of Longford but slightly better than Mervue. Having said that it is hard to get relegated and you're not the only Premier League club worse than the top 2 in the first division so it will come down to the 6-pointers against Monaghan and Dundalk.

At least a point in Tallaght: unlikely but I'm hoping for that, too.

Not to be absolutely destroyed in Europe: You will be destroyed in Europe.

The players to keep their confidence and play great football: confidence will take some real knocks; what's great football?

Cup final: no.

Look on the bright side: you still have a club. Just about.

I've only seen two matches this year but the fact we can beat a Northern Irish Premier League team twice and draw with another away fills me with the belief we can definitely avoid relegation and perhaps reach the final of the Setanta, depedning on the draw. We were unlucky in Derry. 11 V 11 we were pretty even according to Extratime.ie. Against Shels we played good football, kept it on the ground for the first 30 minutes. They got a goal and our confidence went.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think the when we get Keith Ward back from injury we'll have more of an attacking threat, looks a great player.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I think the when we get Keith Ward back from injury we'll have more of an attacking threat, looks a great player.

Really does look good. Hard to say what our strongest 11 is at the moment.

I'd go for something like this though

Sexbomb
    Pender
    Heary
    McMillan
    Byrne
    Martin
    McEvoy
    McMahon
    Ward
    Moore
    Corcoran

Subs: McNulty, Feely, Lopes, Buckley, Stewart, O'Connor, Traynor

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

BOHtox wrote: »

Sexbomb
    Pender
    Heary
    McMillan
    Byrne
    Martin
    McEvoy
    McMahon
    Ward
    Moore
    Corcoran

Subs: McNulty, Feely, Lopes, Buckley, Stewart, O'Connor, Traynor

I'd have Bucko ahead of McMahon every day of the week. The lad is easily one of my favourite players over the last few years. Be interesting to see if Deidre Barlow can hold down a regular place.

Edit - You're also forgetting about Mulcahy, he'll be a big player for us this season

Leejo wrote: »
    I'd have Bucko ahead of McMahon every day of the week. The lad is easily one of my favourite players over the last few years. Be interesting to see if Deidre Barlow can hold down a regular place.

Edit - You're also forgetting about Mulcahy, he'll be a big player for us this season

I completely forgot about Mulcahy, you're right.

Secondly, I forgot anout Wilson too. In fact I may be getting Wilson confused with McMahon. I've only been to one game and I watched another on the tele. Hopefully I'll recognise a few players soon enough though.

I love Buckley as well. Scoring against Rovers really made people look at him as a player rather than just a young lad making up numbers.
    My only reservation about Buckley is his crossing. Basically he can't do it which is why I'd have McMahon out on the wing instead.

TBH, at this stage of the season I'd still say that even Callaghan himself doesn't know his strongest 11. We certainly haven't had the chance to play anyway with signings coming in, Martin and Mulcahy, and with injuries, Ward, Traynor, Buckley etc.

Give it a few weeks and I'll probably change around 2 or 3 players from it.

I had no idea who Deirdre Barlow was until I googled her:)
    I hope she does. Great passer of the ball. Didn't get a look in under Nutsy imo. I'd have rathered him in the team last year instead of Bayly that's for sure.

EDIT: If all goes according to plan, my second visit will be this Tuesday for the Crusaders game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

My hopes:
    Avoid relegation
    At least a point in Tallaght

Bohs playing very well from what I hear and its early days.
    A few goals and things could quickly get quite a lot better.

Don't expect to be relegated and Rovers are very beatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Adam Martin too. He'll be back in for contention tonight. Looks solid enough on the ball.

It's 7:45 kick off tonight yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

That_Guy wrote: »

It's 7:45 kick off tonight yeah?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs 0-1 Crusaders... Just a point to make. Its been said here before that flags are barred from the Setanta Cup? Crusaders have a Union Jack, a Northern Ireland Flag and a Scottish flag up in the Jodi stand. That's allowed?

And that's 2-0 to them... We are in serious trouble, and I dont just mean in this match either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bohs 0-1 Crusaders... Just a point to make. Its been said here before that flags are barred from the Setanta Cup? Crusaders have a Union Jack, a Northern Ireland Flag and a Scottish flag up in the Jodi stand. That's allowed?

Depends on your security, i know pats have had ireland flags removed and nordies been allowed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,077 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

All LoI teams losing at half-time. And we claim the IL is a pub league?

Not a Bohs fan btw, but you have had a stinking start to the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

NIMAN wrote: »
    All LoI teams losing at half-time. And we claim the IL is a pub league?

Not a Bohs fan btw, but you have had a stinking start to the season.

If the standards were the same, the fitness should see every IL club win every game...

Portadown being beaten by a pre-season Bohs was shocking.

Derry City have to rescue the credibility of the league;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Glentoran 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers
    75' - The teams are leaving the pitch here and we have been told there will be a ten minute delay. Presumably while somebody finds the plug and puts it back in the socket. At least, we hope it's that simple... Stay tuned!

Glentoran 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers
    73' - Yikes! The floodlights have just gone out at the Oval. We're in the dark here! We have power in the ground but the floods have gone...

Derry City 3 - 1. All over.

Really poor tonight, need to cut out those stupid mistakes at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry City have to rescue the credibility of the league;)
    3 of our teams in the semi-finals. Credibility restored.

Derry City v Shamrock Rovers in the semi's.

• Advertisement

Really poor tonight, need to cut out those stupid mistakes at the back.

I thought those lads looked terrified out there last night. I'd a felt for them if it wasn't so frustratingly depressing to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Omackeral wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with a Union Jack, or Red Hand of Ulster or Scottish Flag. They haven't harmed anybody.
    In the first leg which I attended Bohemian supporters had a Republic of Ireland flag on show. No one really cared.
    As long as there is no sectarian slogans on the flags or sectarian chanting...then what is the problem.
    The purpose of the Setanta Cup is to inject a bit of rivalry between the two leagues...why cant the two respective countries' flags not be flown?
    If there were incidents like those that happened between Linfield and Derry City then perhaps there is a reason to complain!
    I was surprised that the Crues won...though we should've won the first leg as well.

Frustrating game to watch. Stupid mistakes at the back yet again. Some of the lads lacked any sort of composure of the ball and looked quite nervous.

Gonna be a long season.

Pay at the gate tomorrow or ticket only?
    Can't wait for it! Dodgy Oscar Jannson in goal getting a shít load of abuse will unsettle him. He'll concede under pressure...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

I'm planning to pay at the gate so it better be ;)

Reckon we'll get a 0-0 or 1-1

C'mon Bohs!

Got tickets yesterday at Dalyer, still plenty left in the club office for tonight..

• Advertisement

I'm planning to pay at the gate anyway...

Can't see Bohs getting anything out of the game tonight unfortunately. The point against St. Pats is a step in the right direction but I have a feeling they'll get throttled tonight. :(

Rovers starting to click nicely unfortunatley.

Was gonna head over to Tallaght tonight but 7pm kick off's are a bloody nuisance given that I don't finish work til 5 and would have to travel into Dublin from Ashbourne. Poxy.

Oddly calm about the game, no expectations at all. Even a point would be fantastic. My main fear is an embarrassing scoreline.

Oddly calm about the game, no expectations at all. Even a point would be fantastic. My main fear is an embarrassing scoreline.

I hope they've been working on their defensive game because it's cost them a few times particularly against Shels. I'd say Karl Moore will be well up for this one. Might give them a good display and show them what they're missing.

The Gypsies have received a much needed boost this week with Danny Joyce and Keith Ward returning to full training and could be fit for selection. Adam Martin also returns from suspension.

From ET. Ward back is a huge boost, hopefully he's fit to play. Joyce has looked well too this season.

• Advertisement

Martin back too is good too. Looks really comfortable on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Haven't heard anything about pay at the gate, but ya can always go around to the pig styles and get a ticket and they'll let ya come back around to the away section, at least they did for me mate last season

Jesus it was freezing up in Drogheda last night. 'Bout 60 up there. Only the league cup though. A weakened team too. So the fans and management have the same apathy towards it. A cup run and steer clear of relegation and hopefully not to get decimated still are good expectations though.

Sexbomb
    Pender
    Heary
    McMillan
    Byrne
    Martin
    McEvoy
    McMahon
    Ward
    Moore
    Corcoran

Subs: McNulty, Feely, Harney, Buckley, Stewart, O'Connor, Traynor

I've changed my 11 from this to

McNulty
    Pender
    Heary
    McMillan
    Byrne
    Martin
    McEvoy
    Buckley
    Ward
    Moore
    Corcoran
    Subs: Sexton, Feely, Lopes, McMahon, Stewart, O'Connor, Traynor

I wasn't there tonight and the forum's down. Anybody have any thoughts?

Terrible performance, a lot of players seemed tired. Gave the ball away needlessly a lot and then were slow getting back.

Dislocated shoulder, out for 3-6 weeks.
    Happened with Bennion's "challenge".

Ah ****, explains why he was struggling, **** sake.

Awful performance last night. Bar the stunning goal it was absolutely turgid stuff to watch. Couldn't deal with Monaghan's movement off the ball at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Bohs were poor last night, no ideas at all even being a man up for pretty much the whole game. GREAT goal from McEvoy but sad to think it made no difference.

• Advertisement

What a fúcking night!
    What a fúcking night!
    What a fúcking night!
    What a fúcking night!

(see what I did there^^^)

To a man, they were fantastic.

I can see this being sung a few more times at matches from now on!

Anyone know if Thorsday's game is covered under the season ticket?

I know they have been previously but given we weren't in Europe originally just wonder if it's different this year.

Yeah it should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was never a huge LOI fan, but i've adopted Bohemians as 'my club' in the last few weeks, and was delighted to see the result from Friday night last.

The reason - I am a member of Castle Villa AFC, and we're a junior club in the Kildare League. On June 17th, Bohs travelled to our home ground in Castledermot, Co.Kildare, and played a training game against our teams. Ye beat us 5-0, I'm the keeper with our first team, and I never enjoyed letting in 3 goals as much before! :)

It was an enjoyable day, and we've learned a lot from the experience. Also dealing with Lynn and others in the club was an absolute pleasure and we are very thankful for the experience.

So anyway, a few of us are thinking of travelling to Dalymount for a few games. Any advice???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Not posted here in a while, but that was some night! Apart from absolutely battering them on the pitch, the bars were hopping afterwards, not seen Dalymount like that in a long time. That night will live long in my memory. Roll on Europe! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

alproctor wrote: »

So anyway, a few of us are thinking of travelling to Dalymount for a few games. Any advice???

Europe coming up, should be a good night or 2, would have said cant go wrong with a dublin derby otherwise but non till August. There's 3 bars under the main stand so you wont need to go far for a pint either although there's some weird UEFA rules re drink served for Euro games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

frantic190 wrote: »
    Not posted here in a while, but that was some night! Apart from absolutely battering them on the pitch, the bars were hopping afterwards, not seen Dalymount like that in a long time. That night will live long in my memory. Roll on Europe! :D

Rovers the team that just keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

alproctor wrote: »

Europa league on Thursday would be a good start, our next home game after is vs Ucd on a sunday (15th July) which will prob be a small enough crowd with very little atmosphere!

Hope you enjoy your visit and become hooked like myself :D

So Connor Murphy signed.
    Chris Bennion rumoured to be joining.

Big win on Friday and big game on Thursday!

God it's great to still have a team!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

frantic190 wrote: »

I was walking down between the Cabra Road and Doyle's Corner about 35-45 minutes after the game and an auld lad with a Bohs jacket was walking up the road and high five-ing people out of open windows in the passing traffic.

This was also when I realised I had stayed too long in the area and needed to get out..:(

Advertisement