Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So how many times has everyone watched MNS :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I've watched it twice so far :D

Rovers really were fúcking comical!
    Jannsson, the scummers who ran on to the pitch, the fans leaving early, their comical defending, their invisible midfield, Twigg feeling the pain, Kenny staring in to space, Kenny's interview, the panel tearing in to them, praising us and as Eamon O'D said about Rovers, "Who's to say they're a good team any more?" :D

What an episode!!!
    The mix montage of the Spain build up and the Bohs finishing was class as well!

The guy who ran on the pitch and proceeded to fall over was a particular highlight :)

Not the first time Rovers did it either.
    They did it last year in Tallaght, last year in Dundalk, the year before in Inchicore. I mean it's about time they're called up on it!

We're hardly angels in that regard in fairness (even if it is just to give Dave Scully a hug)

• Advertisement

A pitch invasion to celebrate a goal happens all the time. I mean I don't think we've ever scored in Sligo without jumping up on the wall. And we'll get fined for that. That happens to most clubs who have fans:)

But 10 rovers fans went on the pitch with the intention of causing trouble against us, I think 3 last year in Tallaght, a couple of hundred in Inchicore, dozens in Dundalk and now that I think of it one attacked Gary Rogers for Pat's a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

The guy who ran on the pitch and proceeded to fall over was a particular highlight :)

I think it was funnier the lad who took off his top to reveal...nothing. He was then put into a headlock by a garda...as they were throwing him out..the garda was closelined by the net.

Never seen any of them schooligans before tbh.
    BOHtox wrote: »
    Not the first time Rovers did it either.
    They did it last year in Tallaght, last year in Dundalk, the year before in Inchicore. I mean it's about time they're called up on it!

Dont play the angels, it doesn't suit you.

Apart from the "weapons", I heard a fan was thrown out too, apparently he wasnt partial to Gilbert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Semi enjoyable diversion from the nightmare on the pitch to be honest. Even if they were just shaping at each other instead of actually fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

stovelid wrote: »
    Semi enjoyable diversion from the nightmare on the pitch to be honest. Even if they were just shaping at each other instead of actually fighting.

It was quite funny. When one or two got closer to the Jodi, they looked rather hesitant to continue forward. In my mind they were saying to themselves... "shít... We're close... Where the fúck are the Guards????" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

A pitch invasion to celebrate a goal happens all the time.

But 10 rovers fans went on the pitch with the intention of causing trouble against us, I think 3 last year in Tallaght, a couple of hundred in Inchicore, dozens in Dundalk and now that I think of it one attacked Gary Rogers for Pat's a few years back.

Would you stop would ya. The 3 in tallaght you refer to (i was at the game) was actually 4 lads celebrating a goal and did not go over to cause trouble. See you're first point for a ruling on that one.

The couple of hundred in Inchicore was more like about 20 idiots (if that) and did nothing. Dozens in Dundalk, yeah we burned that place to the ground, it was actually about 42,000 of us and we had weapons Joe, weapons! The Gary Rogers incident you're talking about, you got a link for that? I don't recall it myself.

But yeah a bohs fan talking about this. Of course all you ever do is celebrate a goal, never been involved in anything bad. Bray fans can back you up there can't they?

• Advertisement

Bunch of kids throwing shapes. ,Bohs did the same last season when they took the lead. I can find the picture if you want. I didn't mind. It happens at football and I'm not an auld one. It's hilarious to see all the fake moralizing when secretly youse are all thrilled to have something to cluck about.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

dfx- wrote: »
    an auld lad with a Bohs jacket was walking up the road and high five-ing people out of open windows in the passing traffic.

Reminds me that I high-fived my nephew at 3-0; both of us momentarily forgetting that he had his wrist in a cast! Poor lad yelped. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

iregk wrote: »
    Would you stop would ya. The 3 in tallaght you refer to (i was at the game) was actually 4 lads celebrating a goal and did not go over to cause trouble. See you're first point for a ruling on that one.

The couple of hundred in Inchicore was more like about 20 idiots (if that) and did nothing. Dozens in Dundalk, yeah we burned that place to the ground, it was actually about 42,000 of us and we had weapons Joe, weapons! The Gary Rogers incident you're talking about, you got a link for that? I don't recall it myself.

But yeah a bohs fan talking about this. Of course all you ever do is celebrate a goal, never been involved in anything bad. Bray fans can back you up there can't they?

I think the 3 fans he was referring to where the ones who ran across the pitch after our 1-1 in tallaght last season!?

Gary Rogers incident- http://www.herald.ie/news/club-to-boost-security-after-goalie-abused-2109385.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

A pitch invasion to celebrate a goal happens all the time. I mean I don't think we've ever scored in Sligo without jumping up on the wall. And we'll get fined for that. That happens to most clubs who have fans:)

Because of the garbage that went on before, credit to Karl Moore for celebrating his two goals in front of the vacant Conaught St. end to avoid any further problems in the mixed Jodi Stand, if he was to naturally run over there.

He may have learned that Professionalism at Manchester City, the FIFPro squad or Crevillente Deportivo (Spain) but most probably UCD AFC.

LiamMc wrote: »

He may have learned that Professionalism at Manchester City, the FIFPro squad or Crevillente Deportivo (Spain) but most probably UCD AFC

Or when playing in a 5-a-side league when contracted to a professional team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

stovelid wrote: »
    Or when playing in a 5-a-side league when contracted to a professional team.

Those small-sided game skills came in handy on friday then.
    The worst player on a team is often put in goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    I think the 3 fans he was referring to where the ones who ran across the pitch after our 1-1 in tallaght last season!?

Gary Rogers incident- http://www.herald.ie/news/club-to-boost-security-after-goalie-abused-2109385.html

Yeap, and one of them kissing the crest then realising it was a Leinster top he had on:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bohsman wrote: »

oh holy jesus 1st time i watched, what the ****????

on tuesday they learned how to cope with our midfield 3 and looked reasonable.....seems friday was crunchie day or something...

thats mad :confused:

Anyone making the trip to Iceland?

Actually, anyone make the trip to Cork? good game? good result anyway!

I'd like to see this team for the game against Thor.

McNulty
    Heary*
    McMillan
    Feely
    Byrne

Ward
    Mulcahy
    McEvoy

Moore
    McMahon
    Corcoran**

* hopefully Heary plays deeper. He was basically a right winger in the home game. He got far too forward and left Buckley stranded a few times with no Heary behind him. Moore should be the support ahead of Bucko.

** if fit. Otherwise Scully who provides an aerial threat and I think his strength and ball shielding could come in use in Iceland!

• Advertisement

McNulty
    Heary*
    McMillan
    Feely
    Byrne

Ward
    Mulcahy
    McEvoy

Moore
    McMahon
    Corcoran**

* hopefully Heary plays deeper. He was basically a right winger in the home
    game. He got far too forward and left Buckley stranded a few times with no Heary behind him. Moore should be the support ahead of Bucko.

** if fit. Otherwise Scully who provides an aerial threat and I think his strength and ball shielding could come in use in Iceland!

Not going to Iceland and didn't go Cork as I'm saving for our prospective trip to Prague :pac:

Agree with the players you've picked but would have them in a 4-5-1 formation with Mulcahy dropping deep.

McNulty
    Heary*
    McMillan
    Feely
    Byrne

Ward
    Mulcahy
    McEvoy

Moore
    McMahon
    Corcoran**

* hopefully Heary plays deeper. He was basically a right winger in the home game. He got far too forward and left Buckley stranded a few times with no Heary behind him. Moore should be the support ahead of Bucko.

Muller and Corcoran didn't travel.

I'd go for Scully up front and either Joyce or Martin in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Wish I was going to Iceland, heading to Dalyer in a bit to watch the stream in the bars instead.

I'm not particularly confident going into this one, but if we do get through I think I'll try and make Prague if I have the money.

Who do we play in the next round should we advance?
    It's not Sparta is it?

Mlada Boleslav

Gewan Scully ya legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fux sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

By the lonely prison wall I heard a young girl calling,
    Michael, they are taking you away,
    For you stole Trevelyn's corn,
    So the young might see the morn,
    Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.
    CHORUS:
    Low, lie the fields of Athenry,
    Where once we watched the small free birds fly
    Our love was on the wing,
    We had dreams and songs to sing
    It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry.
    By a lonely prison wall I heard a young man calling,
    Nothing matters Mary when you're free,
    Against the Famine and the Crown,
    I rebelled they ran me down,
    Now you must raise our child with
    dignity.
    REPEAT CHORUS
    By a lonely harbour wall She watched the last star falling
    And that prison ship sailed out against the sky
    Sure she'll wait and hope and pray
    For her love in Botany Bay,
    It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry.
    REPEAT CHORUS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Indeed.

:D

Was away for the week with minimal internet access. Kinda glad now.

Hopefully a win tomorrow to claw back some respect...

Dying of flu and can't make it today. Gutted as I've been looking forward to it all week. Anyone know if bfc1890.net are gonna have audio commentary?

Good result, ref shocking as usual. Up to 5th! Super effort considering we'd 1 point from first 5 games and it took us 495 minutes to score our first goal of the season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Our boys can play nice football on the deck when they want to.

Few good chants tonight also, specially this one to the tune of American Pie:

''Ryan Ryan Ryan McEvoy
    Nutsy didnt like him but I dont know why.
    He'll never sign for Rovers cos he's Bohs til he dies
    Ryan Ryan McEvoy, Ryan Ryan McEvoy'' :D

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Our boys can play nice football on the deck when they want to.

Their passing and movement off the ball was excellent last night. Really tidy and great to watch. Really like Callaghan's approach to the game.

Bray at home on Friday. Having missed the Dundalk game, I'm really hoping to make it on.

Great to see some of the deadwood leaving. Hopefully we can get rid of a few more and get one or two in.

We can go one point within Rovers with a win.

Anyone calling for AC's head is an idiot!

Casa Rebelde now selling tickets for the matches... A good initiative by the club!

Bohs in:
    Ken Carr (Lissadel)

Bohs out:
    Paddy Seery (Bray Wanderers)
    Lee Dixon (Bray Wanderers)
    Neil Harney (Athlone Town)
    Davie Byrne (released)
    Philip McCabe (Dundalk)
    Correy Davidson (Carrick Rangers)
    Robbie Gaul (Dundalk)

I thought Dixon, Byrne, McCabe and Davidson were very good players and highly rated. Weird to see them go instead of some of the other players.
    Still glad we're reducing the size of the squad.

Michael Barker will probably come in to the game more picking up games in defence that McCabe and Harney played, or in the middle as he's been playing recently. Mulligan will probably come in to it more as well!

Big game tonight. A win and we really keep in touch with the teams chasing Europe

Only game I saw Davie Byrne play he did little of note, then threw a strop when substituted. Not surprised to see him go.

• Advertisement

I saw him once too, he came on as a sub and just brought something else to the game. Nothing spectacular but he's only young. I saw Dan Mahon in the same game and was not impressed at all.

On a side not, what ever happend to Marc Hughes?
    I was looking forward to a Marc Hughes and Lee Dixon combo

Marc Hughes took time off to study I think, ended up playing with his brother for Tolka Rovers or one of those, think he nearly signed for Shels or Drogs recently. Dixon has always looked decent but not spectacular, I think Callaghan must be the 3rd Bohs manager to not rate him though, definitely time to leave. Guess the rest just weren't good enough to get a look in and wanted first team football.

Gutted I won't be able to make the game tonight. Will make a conscious effort to get to Drogs away next week. A win tonight makes the last 10 or so games very very interesting.

Ridiculous how far the team has come since the start of the season. Couldn't buy a goal let alone a result and potentially 1 point of 4th place by the end of tonight.

The buzz around Dalymount these past couple of months has been superb.

It's the one thing I'm really missing while living in Malta. Will hopefully try to get back for a game or two towards end of season. Cup final would be perfect!

bohsman wrote: »
    It's the one thing I'm really missing while living in Malta. Will hopefully try to get back for a game or two towards end of season. Cup final would be perfect!

Why are you in Malta out of interest? Emigrate or with work or?

If we keep this team together for years or so with just a few additions we will be seeing a major trophy win.

Kudos goes to Callaghan. Doing a great job. I really worried for us at the start of the year but bringing in players like McEvoy and Byrne and Feely in to the first team has really worked!

Getting in McMillan is really proving to be a great piece of business as well

Why are you in Malta out of interest? Emigrate or with work or?

If we keep this team together for years or so with just a few additions we will be seeing a major trophy win.

Kudos goes to Callaghan. Doing a great job. I really worried for us at the start of the year but bringing in players like McEvoy and Byrne and Feely in to the first team has really worked!

Potentially work, I work in the online gaming industry, some ex colleagues got made redundant so I moved over with them, they're working, I'm playing poker and doing a bit of jobhunting at this stage.

We wont keep this team together, no chance, however if we keep picking up this type of player, young, ambitious and wanting first team football with a few old hands in there the future is bright. Great work from Callaghan and Heary so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Headin up tonight, looking forward to it as it's been a few weeks since I got up here.

Agree that the buzz around Dalyer these days is great!

The hunt for Europe continues his evening ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

here at the moment... lads playing well. very in control. still 0-0 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement