Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUN LAOIGHRE

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

im a kerry man living in blackrock dunlaoighre i have had horses but unfortunatly i sold my old gelding due to me noving to dublin id love to get back into the sport any info from dublin somewhere near please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

You could try Carrickmines EC off the Glenamuck Road or Brennanstown in Bray both are about 15 minutes from Dun Laoghaire by car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I haven't been to either for years, but when I did go I much preferred Carrickmines. The staff there were nicer - the girl we had down in Brennanstown was really rude and had a bit of an attitude problem. I never went back. However, Brennanstown do have better facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

I also preferred Carrickmines not really to do with the staff but I felt carrickmines was possibly more suited to me as previous horse owner, Brennanstown is lovely but the tack checks & the assistance to mount kinda grated on my nerves ~ but I'm more of a leave me alone I can do it myself type ~ yes they do have better facilities but I found I worked that bit harder in your CEC lessons & actually broke a sweat (heaven forbid) :0) JMO

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭maesdavid

im am registered with fas local empoyment service will i be able to do a course in brennanstown with fas foe 48 weeks do you get paid for the course or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

maesdavid wrote: »
    im am registered with fas local empoyment service will i be able to do a course in brennanstown with fas foe 48 weeks do you get paid for the course or not

You will get what you are currently entitled to SW plus either an accommodation allowance or travel allowance depending on how far away you live. Brennanstown, I believe have a long waiting list of potential students for the course. Callaigstown, Thornton Park and Ravensdale also offer placements for the course. You will need to arrange placement yourself in advance so contact the yards directly.

(Apologies mods for bumping up these threads but only seeing them now)

• Advertisement
Advertisement