Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC ( wireless box)

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

I have 30mb/s UPC internet connected with "Ethernet" cable to my PC.
    I'm just wondering what should I need to do to get access to wireless.
    What do u think wud this work http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9254709/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+ROUTER.htm :confused::confused:
    My average UPC download speed is 2.4mb/s. The question is would my download speed decrease if wireless internet was connected?
    Any answer will be appreciated ;)
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

n0ak wrote: »
    I have 30mb/s UPC internet connected with "Ethernet" cable to my PC.
    I'm just wondering what should I need to do to get access to wireless.
    What do u think wud this work http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9254709/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+ROUTER.htm :confused::confused:

Did upc supply a router already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

darokane wrote: »
    Did upc supply a router already?

No ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

That type of Wireless router would work fine but a lot of people here on boards.ie are very anti Belkin so it might be worth looking at Linksys or Netgear products.

Remember what you are looking for is whats known as a cable router i.e. one that does not have a dsl modem built in.

Your UPC seems very very slow are you sure thats the correct figure you are giving us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

dub45 wrote: »
    That type of Wireless router would work fine but a lot of people here on boards.ie are very anti Belkin so it might be worth looking at Linksys or Netgear products.

Remember what you are looking for is whats known as a cable router i.e. one that does not have a dsl modem built in.

Your UPC seems very very slow are you sure thats the correct figure you are giving us?

Got what you told me to get. NETGEAR .. Thanks man it's nice and fast ..

Advertisement