Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circumcision???

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Wibbs wrote: »
    It predates Judaism by many thousands of years. It was quite common off and on in that region, the early Jewish culture may have picked up the practice from the Egyptians or Babylonians. Islam is more likely to suggest the hygiene thing with Judaism it's for the religious aspect.

There was a theory (not sure if it's been rejected or not by now) that circumcision was adopted by Judaism as a means to differentiate its followers from its neighbours. I'm not sure how that would play if right beside them the Egyptians were practicising it, but maybe it was more of a local difference (with the Caananites). Judaism was only really formalised around the time of the returnees from the exile, so it was possibly a reasonably late additition to the religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Journal.ie have caught up with my posting the latest cutting news LOL

http://www.thejournal.ie/circumcision-ban-could-make-germany-laughing-stock-merkel-522803-Jul2012/

Posted in it, the same words I used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

erin1977 wrote: »
    I've never seen an uncircumcised one in person.. Is there a difference in the feel of one to a girl? lol I think circumcising is very common where I am from..
    It's very common in the US. One of the most plausible reasons I've heard is that hospitals want to do it so they can get more money from the insurance company.

IMO an uncut one is better, though there's not much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 erin1977

krudler wrote: »
    yet plenty of women I know prefer sex with someone circumcised, go figure

I have never even seen an uncircumcised one, in person, let alone get some action from one.. I asked some of my gf's and they have not had one either.. Guess we have to go over and visit your country to take that poll!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I for one am outraged by the apparent objectification of the male form in this thread. Never before have I had such an urge to burn my boxer shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 erin1977

I for one am outraged by the apparent objectification of the male form in this thread. Never before have I had such an urge to burn my boxer shorts.

Burn them.. Then you will be walking around "comando".. Then all the girls will be checking out your package, since it will be all free lol Now you will really feel like man meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Spotted this article on the bbc today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19256839

Shocking stuff.
    The parallels with female genital mutation are obvious.

Strange to think that at the same time this is happening, the government in South Africa are promoting circumcision to fight AIDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Spotted this article on the bbc today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19256839

Shocking stuff.
    The parallels with female genital mutation are obvious.

Strange to think that at the same time this is happening, the government in South Africa are promoting circumcision to fight AIDS.

It's almost certainly a good idea - in Africa.

With education about safe sex not very high it's probably a good idea to get men circumcised to reduce AIDS.

Although, if circumcision reduces the risk of you contracting AIDS by 60% (a figure I've seen thrown around), is it any use if you have lots of sex?
    For infection rates to go down I'd assume the probability of contracting AIDS from a person with it would have to be fairly low, otherwise, whether you're cut or not, you're going to get it sooner or later after repeatedly having sex with people with AIDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭collidgedosser

A horrible horrible practice with no real benefits and only risk of complications. This practice emerged from religious lunatics perverted beliefs and was rationalised by religious medical practitioners who had an agenda to spread their creepy beliefs. This must be the prime example of the stupidity of Americans. Your glans is designed to be covered over when not in use and your fore skin is supposed to be attached to it till puberty to protect itduring development. How could any one allow this happen their kid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Mutilation of any kind against someone's consent for non medically essential reasons is barbaric and should be banned ASAP in my opinion.
    The religious argument absolutely sickens me as well to be honest - animal sacrifice and honour killing is mandated by certain religions, does that mean we tolerate it? No. Why should mutilating a baby's private parts be any different, exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

There are a lot of circumcised foreskins used for cosmetic purposes.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-cut-above-the-rest-wrin

From some reading I did on this barbaric ritual some time ago it appeared that the foreskin tissue is very valuable and is collected from hospitals by contract and supplied to cosmetic companies. it is also used in cosmetic surgery because of specific properties it has for stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

dePeatrick wrote: »
    There are a lot of circumcised foreskins used for cosmetic purposes.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-cut-above-the-rest-wrin

From some reading I did on this barbaric ritual some time ago it appeared that the foreskin tissue is very valuable and is collected from hospitals by contract and supplied to cosmetic companies. it is also used in cosmetic surgery because of specific properties it has for stretching.

Makes great calamari too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭collidgedosser

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Makes great calamari too.

Ive never felt the sensation of need to puke and laugh at the same time before, thanks for the new experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Ive never felt the sensation of need to puke and laugh at the same time before, thanks for the new experience

Thanks for summing up how I felt too....truly "wicked" sense of humour :)

Advertisement