Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrelhead pale ale

• 16-01-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'll be tapping a cask of barrelhead pale ale in the Abbots Ale House bar tomorrow if anybody wants to try it. I've been dying to try this for ages as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Did anyone get a chance to try it at last years cask beer fest in the Franciscan well? I narrowly missed it...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, it went in just a few hours on the Friday.

Is it still being brewed or do the Franciscan Well just keep finding casks of it down the back of the sofa?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

They are still brewing it but only for festivals as far as I know. I thought it was a gypsy brew and has also been brewed elsewhere...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, I think he's done some at White Gypsy too. Glad to hear it's still in production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just had the first pint from the cask.
    I gotta say that it's pouring at the perfect temperature for cask beer - not room temperature, not chilled but cool. A lovely pint.
    Going to drag Mrs Beer down later for a half or maybe two (I've discovered that while she doesn't generally like beer, she has a fondness for cask pale ales - her favourites being Timothy Taylor Landlord and Barrelhead!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Tryed it in October when i was at a conference in cork, really great beer I also got a load of my colleagues hooked on it and i think we finished the keg that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Right well it was really very good and just felt right from cask if you know what I mean! Unfortunately it only lasted till Thursday which I have to say I'm partly responsible for! Couldn't get enough of it.
    I'm trying to nail down another cask for the weekend of the Franciscan well's cask festival at the start of feb....

Advertisement