Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy In Trinity?

• 16-01-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I'm in 6th year at the moment and went to the TCD Open Day in the December pretty intent on doing Medicine. Ended up going to the Pharmacy lecture to fill in time basically, but came out completely sold on it. Did a bit of research on it ie. read it on the TCD prospectus and website, and it sounded like something I'd love. So I put it on my CAO alongside Medicine and felt indifferent to both ie. if I got either of them at the end of my Leaving Cert I would be happy. However, after reading a bit on this about Pharmacy as well as elsewhere I'm having second thoughts. I'd hate to work in a shop and it seems in Trinity that's the main thing that they promote, what does Pharmacy consist of outside of working in a shop, like in industry and in a hospital? How do people who are currently doing, or have done Pharmacy find it and the course? One recent Pharmacy graduate pretty much told me to do Medicine instead, my Aunt's also a Pharmacist and she isn't too enthusiastic about it... What do you think? What's the advantage of doing Pharmacy over Medicine? Also, is the Pharmacy course in TCD better than elsewhere? I heard they do more in the Trinity course and employers prefer Trinity graduates over others? I really did fancy doing this course before but am having second thoughts now, I would love to hear what you have to say, anything would be greatly appreciated, thanks a million whoever who managed to read through all this haha ...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Oween wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in 6th year at the moment and went to the TCD Open Day in the December pretty intent on doing Medicine. Ended up going to the Pharmacy lecture to fill in time basically, but came out completely sold on it. Did a bit of research on it ie. read it on the TCD prospectus and website, and it sounded like something I'd love. So I put it on my CAO alongside Medicine and felt indifferent to both ie. if I got either of them at the end of my Leaving Cert I would be happy. However, after reading a bit on this about Pharmacy as well as elsewhere I'm having second thoughts. I'd hate to work in a shop and it seems in Trinity that's the main thing that they promote, what does Pharmacy consist of outside of working in a shop, like in industry and in a hospital? How do people who are currently doing, or have done Pharmacy find it and the course? One recent Pharmacy graduate pretty much told me to do Medicine instead, my Aunt's also a Pharmacist and she isn't too enthusiastic about it... What do you think? What's the advantage of doing Pharmacy over Medicine? Also, is the Pharmacy course in TCD better than elsewhere? I heard they do more in the Trinity course and employers prefer Trinity graduates over others? I really did fancy doing this course before but am having second thoughts now, I would love to hear what you have to say, anything would be greatly appreciated, thanks a million whoever who managed to read through all this haha ...

You should contact the user partyatmygaff, he did the leaving last year and is doing pharmacy in TCD as far as I know :)

Advertisement