Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Interesting.......

so there's 10 choices.....rule out Paramore straight away as they aren't yet headliners for a Fest that size......I don't think Maiden are doing the Fest's this year are they ?
    down to 9 - interesting again, Rush have apparently not ruled out headlining a UK Fest this summer.....

are Tool or Ax7 big enough for it either ?

Of course it may not mean anything at all - but Blink-182 are no longer listed as a rumour on Efestivals for Download, could be an indicator that they are doing Sonisphere instead.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you want to hazard a guess, you’ll have to pick from a choice of Van Halen, Paramore, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Rush, Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith No More, KISS, Iron Maiden or Blink 182. The official announcement hasn’t been made yet, but I’d say (for the hope of the hard metal fans out there) that Paramore are the least likeliest to make it on to the main-stage at headline o’clock. You never know though, each artist could have been booked for the bill at the festival.

If we were to analyse the list, we can take some of the potential names out – like Tool, who are touring Canada at the time of the festival. Faith No More have now finished their reunion tour, so may be taking a break from the scene. But we at Stereoboard think that KISS and Van Halen are the likeliest suspects. But you’ll have to wait for the official confirmation to find out! Stay with Stereoboard for all of your Sonisphere needs.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/169938/9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd rule out Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold and Iron Maiden. And Foo Fighters are highly tipped for Reading/Leeds so...

Since i dont think ill go to Download atm im stuck between Isle of Wight or Sonisphere(once its a good line up)

• Advertisement

Thrash hits claim they'll be alluding to 2 acts they know are playing sonisphere later today, via their twitter

twitter.com/thrashhits
    Neither of the bands are headliners, BTW.
    Both bands are the subject of MAJOR hype. As in MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR hype.
    Neither of them are American.
    Neither of them are among the bands currently officially confirmed for Download Festival.
    Both bands are technically reformations. Although one of them hasn't "officially" announced their reformation yet.
    LAST CLUE COMING UP
    If you were allowed to spell both bands' names on a Scrabble board over a triple word square as a single word, it'd be worth 99 points. YEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Thrash hits claim they'll be alluding to 2 acts they know are playing sonisphere later today, via their twitter

twitter.com/thrashhits

Thin Lizzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Id say Refused is one of them , they recently reformed and are playing the coachella festival over in the states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkAe30aEG5c&ob=av2n

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads thinking back to the picture they showed on twitter just after New Years, it had a big red bit around it. Surely that limits the bands. I'm thinking Van Halen, Tool or Kiss, then on the outside bet at Faith No More. They just seem the type of names to have that around them.

From Sonisphere Twitter
    Just been given a green light for Sonisphere Finland & Poland... Name some other countries that end in Land ?

Iceland or Ireland ;)

• Advertisement

Blink-182 now confirmed for the Eden Sessions on Jul 8th so I'd be very very surprised if that didn't also mean they'll be at Sonisphere....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

From Sonisphere Twitter

Iceland or Ireland ;)

Poland??

Hoping we get a one day Sonisphere here on the Saturday, with the best of the Friday & Sunday Soni UK bands ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Poland??

Hoping we get a one day Sonisphere here on the Saturday, with the best of the Friday & Sunday Soni UK bands ;)
    Just been given a green light for Sonisphere Finland & Poland... Name some other countries that end in Land ?
    ;)

From Sonisphere Twitter

Iceland or Ireland ;)

Or England;)

Mushy wrote: »
    Or England;)

I forgot about that kip!! Anyways, i think they were on about new announcements and that place already has one

Yea its probably a hint that England news will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That thrash hits site teasing two bands come to anything?

That thrash hits site teasing two bands come to anything?

Nope:mad::mad::mad:

Skrillex has been booked for this year's other big metal festival, Sonisphere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/24/rock-music-death-guitar-band?newsfeed=true

Presume 2nd stage headliner?

2nd stage as in Bohemia tent? Cant see him being big enough for headlining that stage, although I kinda see the second stage as an extension of the main at Soni.

• Advertisement

2nd stage as in Bohemia tent? Cant see him being big enough for headlining that stage, although I kinda see the second stage as an extension of the main at Soni.

Main Stage = Outdoor
    2nd Stage = Outdoor
    3rd Stage = Tent .

Id say he will want to play in the dark

Main Stage = Outdoor
    2nd Stage = Outdoor
    3rd Stage = Tent .

Id say he will want to play in the dark

2nd stage alternates with main though, so to headline that means playing in full daylight. Prob headline the tent, tis only time itll be dark enough for him.

2nd stage alternates with main though, so to headline that means playing in full daylight. Prob headline the tent, tis only time itll be dark enough for him.

That's exactly how a main stage/second stage should be run, they did it a few times at Milton Keynes and was great, second stage 100 yards to right of main.

Didn't miss 1 band and didn't have to treck miles between stages.

Milton Keynes Bowl is one of the best venues I've ever been to, a natural amphitheater and not a bad view for anyone

That's exactly how a main stage/second stage should be run, they did it a few times at Milton Keynes and was great, second stage 100 yards to right of main.

Didn't miss 1 band and didn't have to treck miles between stages.

Milton Keynes Bowl is one of the best venues I've ever been to, a natural amphitheater and not a bad view for anyone

Agreed was there for Foo Fighters last summer and was watching the gig along the hills and had a great view .

I think Pinkpop do the same as Sonisphere with swapping between 2 stages

http://twitter.com/Sonisphereleak

Apparently they will leak some of the line up once they get 150 followers or something . Prob all Bulls**t

First part of leak was:

Queen with Adam Lambert
    Robert Plant and the Band of Joy
    Opeth
    Seether

Part 2 at 9pm.

First part of leak was:

Queen with Adam Lambert
    Robert Plant and the Band of Joy
    Opeth
    Seether

Part 2 at 9pm.

Pretty poor, and i'll bet this 'Queen' (and i say that in the loosest possible terms) will be one of the headliners

Pretty poor, and i'll bet this 'Queen' (and i say that in the loosest possible terms) will be one of the headliners

Yeah course they would be. I don't believe the leak is true, but wait and see.

Yea i would take both of these announcements with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Yeah course they would be. I don't believe the leak is true, but wait and see.

where's the leak from? An official Soni source?

Advertisement