Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    where's the leak from? An official Soni source?

Nope these guys

http://twitter.com/Sonisphereleak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hmmmmm so Part 2 of the leak is......Green Day, Slash, Billy Idol, The Offspring, My Passion, As I Lay Dying, Killing Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

None of the headliners were on Scuzz IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

What a load of shíte apart from Opeth, hoping that is false.
    C'mon Sonisphere announce the line up.Peed off waiting

Mushy wrote: »
    None of the headliners were on Scuzz IIRC.

Yup , none of the Scuzz's bands are in that list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Finland announced

Finland-Poster-310.jpg

Spain also announced

11am.png

Was just going to post the Spain line up.It looks sweet

If Kyuss Lives!, Clutch and Ghost get added to Rock im Park....inspired bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Those posters are terrible.

• Advertisement

Sonisphere’s line-up, which also includes metal veterans Faith No More, tours Europe before hitting Knebworth on July 6-8, scene of Queen’s final gig with Freddie in 1986.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/233355/Would-you-Adam-n-Eve-it

I know Queen and FNM are the strongest rumours in the well delayed announcement but word from the Daily Star, thats as bad as the Sun.

Hopefully official announcement today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Nea wrote: »
    I know Queen and FNM are the strongest rumours in the well delayed announcement but word from the Daily Star, thats as bad as the Sun.

Hopefully official announcement today

Queen are confirmed

"In other news, remember when Kerrang! said we'd have a Sonisphere announcement (but then we didn't)? We have one in next week's issue..."

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/167891-announcement-in-next-weeks-kerrangno-really/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Announcement Monday at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Anybody know why this announcement is so late? Last year the main acts were announced before Christmas. Will be tough to top the line up at Download this year no matter what the line up is, still hope it's good though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LeftBlank wrote: »

Nope, FNM are confirmed for Soni France, nothing mentioned there about UK

Chances are it'll have the English leg announced on Monday. I'm personally hoping for a return to Ireland so can finally see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mushy wrote: »
    Chances are it'll have the English leg announced on Monday. I'm personally hoping for a return to Ireland so can finally see them.

Yeah, if they play the Olympia again I'm there.

• Advertisement

So Scuzz got 2 of the headliners right

portrait-300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

So Scuzz got 2 of the headliners right

portrait-300.jpg

pretty disappointing announcement in my book, lots of band but not enough to draw me to it, if Crue were below KISS on the Friday it would be interesting, not a Minchin fan so Sat is a disappointment (as is Sat at Download though outside a couple of bands)......
    we'll see how things fill out......

NIBBS wrote: »
    pretty disappointing announcement in my book, lots of band but not enough to draw me to it, if Crue were below KISS on the Friday it would be interesting, not a Minchin fan so Sat is a disappointment (as is Sat at Download though outside a couple of bands)......
    we'll see how things fill out......

I think Skid Row are Special Guests :mad::mad::mad::mad: Still hoping for Crue

I think Skid Row are Special Guests :mad::mad::mad::mad: Still hoping for Crue

Skid Row ???? surely their lineup would have them in one of the low spots on the main stage at best ? with Bach I could see it - but that's so unlikely to happen.....

Efestivals now have Crue added as a New rumour and Korn have gone off their list - guessing Korn are about to be readded as a rumour for Download....

NIBBS wrote: »
    Skid Row ???? surely their lineup would have them in one of the low spots on the main stage at best ? with Bach I could see it - but that's so unlikely to happen.....

Efestivals now have Crue added as a New rumour and Korn have gone off their list - guessing Korn are about to be readded as a rumour for Download....

Yea wouldnt be surprised if its not SR , they cant be big enough . With Kiss and Crue supposed to be doing a tour in US later this year it would make sense

Yea wouldnt be surprised if its not SR , they cant be big enough . With Kiss and Crue supposed to be doing a tour in US later this year it would make sense

that's what I was thinkin too - Bach is certainly solo at some of the Euro Fests this year, and Crue are coming to Europe in the summer....so I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Crue ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Here's the poster that appeared on Faith No More's site listing Skid Row as the special guest.

Sonisphere-2012-Poster-Two.jpg

Sonisphere Festival
    Gonna get me ma boomstick, announcement tonight at midnight on Radio 1 Rock Show...

If this is a ****ty announcement having it on at midnight would be terrible PR.......hoping there's a few decent bands in there and a nice line up can be created for the Park......

• Advertisement

Glassjaw performing Worship and Tribute in full

Sonisphere Festival adds Kvelertak, Crowbar, Electric Wizard, Skindred, Glassjaw, Hundred Reasons, Black Stone Cherry, New Model Army, Alestorm, Seether and The Getaway Plan to UK line-up

2nd-Announcement-Soni-UK-900.jpg

Legendary post-punk heroes NEW MODEL ARMY join the SONISPHERE cast for a very special late night set on Friday night in BOHEMIA after headliners KISS wrap up the APOLLO stage.

CROWBAR: their exclusive festival appearance will test BOHEMIA’s structural integrity to its limits.

Advertisement