Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa A GSI

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I want to bump this, restoring an old Nova GSI. Wondering, in the image, would those be the original wheels rims?

Or could someone maybe post me an image of what they came with, when bought new?

Would be much appreciated :)
    If you are interested in getting everything correct, you can buy original Vauxhall Nova GSI sales brochures on eBay.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tonytoc11

You sound like myself, if I didn't have so many projects I might have a chance of actually finishing something. What sort of spec are you currently doing the mk1 build to, with mine I'm trying to go vaguely towards works spec, as in some works spec mechanicals and shell fabrication and a standard looking white exterior with all the correct gte decals and trim etc in place

Ya there's bits lying everywhere to be fair. There's a go kart project around somewhere too with a nsr 125 engine for it. I've got a bit of incentive to keep the nova again...was just having second thoughts after buying the corsa gsi. I'll get it done this summer.

Ah it's extremely basic and on a budget at the moment. I've the engine bay stitch welded and a harry hockley plate kit added and an OMP cage. I've an X16XE corsa sport engine with a mantzel replica inlet with an exhaust system from the manifold back. I've most of the chassis bolybushed and a set of koni adjustable shocks. That will be it for the moment until I get it ready to race and then I'll concentrate on upgrades and improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tonytoc11

Smithzer wrote: »
    Speedline Alessios were the thing to have on your Nova back in the day

CarpoolNovaGSI_01.jpg

They probably still are and even more so on corsas. Fairly sought after alloys. Cousin of mine has 2 sets under the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Saw that on pistonheads a while ago, stunning car, I wonder what sort of a price is on it?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Wants £8250 for it...........Best of luck with that mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I love these cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Corsa ?Pah!Opel Kadett GSi 16V (NOT Vauxhall!!!!) hard core under 1000kg ,157bhp ,had NONE of the following -sunroof , power steering , fog lights , ABS , traction control and -wait for it- ALLOY WHEELS!!!!This car had a factory brochure 0-100 kmh time of 6.9 seconds ...Not too many cars would do 150mph(ok so digital speedo may have been over reading but nevertheless...) AND 40mpg...I owned two of the eight of these imported into Ireland -one black , one white ...Happy days...(the fact that both cars were crashed and written off within months of selling should indicate the potency/handling !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Danny Mulcahy

Stunning car.
    An Irish MK1 GSI is a rare beast indeed.
    If you have not found it yet there is another Irish forum that has a large opel/vauxhall following.
    b litzandgriffin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

ytareh wrote: »
    Corsa ?Pah!Opel Kadett GSi 16V (NOT Vauxhall!!!!) hard core under 1000kg ,157bhp ,had NONE of the following -sunroof , power steering , fog lights , ABS , traction control and -wait for it- ALLOY WHEELS!!!!This car had a factory brochure 0-100 kmh time of 6.9 seconds ...Not too many cars would do 150mph(ok so digital speedo may have been over reading but nevertheless...) AND 40mpg...I owned two of the eight of these imported into Ireland -one black , one white ...Happy days...(the fact that both cars were crashed and written off within months of selling should indicate the potency/handling !!!)

I'd really like one of these at some stage, a Vauxhall version would also keep me happy, drove one years ago and by god they are potent! But I already have a c20let astra gsi, and I haven't anymore space/time/money for more cars, the astra gsi would have to go to make way for a gte, and I'm too attached to the gsi atm to part with it

Stunning car.
    An Irish MK1 GSI is a rare beast indeed.
    If you have not found it yet there is another Irish forum that has a large opel/vauxhall following.
    b litzandgriffin.com

Cheers, I've just joined b&g now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I'd really like one of these at some stage, a Vauxhall version would also keep me happy, drove one years ago and by god they are potent! But I already have a c20let astra gsi, and I haven't anymore space/time/money for more cars, the astra gsi would have to go to make way for a gte, and I'm too attached to the gsi atm to part with it

You wont get an Opel !There MAY be a grey one round Carlow somewhere .

How about this MINT LHD one in Newcastle, UK?(About 4k euro 'landed'?)

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/517616-1990-opel-kadett-gsi-16v-champion-mk2-astra-gte-16v-champion.html

By the way the Opel was noticeably faster than either a Vauxhall GTE16v (more heavy extras) or an Astra GSi 16V (heavier car less power ) .Brakes and high speed handling were pretty impressive too but 'tight'/slow speed handling and (notchy) gearchange sucked .Reliabilty not great (starter motor / ignition kinda stuff...) Fuel economy REALLY good!

• Advertisement

I spotted that one a couple of months ago, serious car, I don't think you'll find better than it, shame about the lhd though, its not a big deal as such, it just wouldn't entice me to pay as much for it, unless I really wanted one of them. As I said, a Vauxhall gte would also keep me happy, I wouldn't be too fussy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Danny Mulcahy

ytareh wrote: »
    You wont get an Opel !There MAY be a grey one round Carlow somewhere .

How about this MINT LHD one in Newcastle, UK?(About 4k euro 'landed'?)

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/517616-1990-opel-kadett-gsi-16v-champion-mk2-astra-gte-16v-champion.html

By the way the Opel was noticeably faster than either a Vauxhall GTE16v (more heavy extras) or an Astra GSi 16V (heavier car less power ) .Brakes and high speed handling were pretty impressive too but 'tight'/slow speed handling and (notchy) gearchange sucked .Reliabilty not great (starter motor / ignition kinda stuff...) Fuel economy REALLY good!

WOW that is a nice one.the LHD wouldnt put me off at all if I had the money for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

We had a Kadett GSI 16V as a demo from new too, wine red metallic one. Rocket of a car due to its light weight. The Astra F that replaced it couldn't hold a candle to it for acceleration but it did go round corners !!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

This might be a bit of topic - but its still kind of related to fast Opel's - Vauxhall's etc and the small amount of them left , Anyway i remember been at the Donegal Rally sometime around 1998 maybe 2000 and there was guy driving an Irish reg Lotus Omega or Lotus Carlton .... does anybody remember it ? Or was i dreaming at the time :confused:

Tiger72 wrote: »
    This might be a bit of topic - but its still kind of related to fast Opel's - Vauxhall's etc and the small amount of them left , Anyway i remember been at the Donegal Rally sometime around 1998 maybe 2000 and there was guy driving an Irish reg Lotus Omega or Lotus Carlton .... does anybody remember it ? Or was i dreaming at the time :confused:

This one?

09092009.jpg

09092009001.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

Well Fe*k me !!! .... I cant belive that :D ... do you own it ?

Tiger72 wrote: »
    Well Fe*k me !!! .... I cant belive that :D ... do you own it ?
    Afraid not! It was at a garage for service when I was picking up a car. I don't know anything about it other than mechanically it is the real deal not just a bodykit although checking the reg online shows some inaccuracies on the log book. :rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Was that an import?
    Were any new Lotus Carlton/Omegas sold in Ireland and would they have been sold as Carlton or Omega.
    A RHD Lotus Omega would be a rare car.

hi5 wrote: »
    Was that an import?
    Were any new Lotus Carlton/Omegas sold in Ireland and would they have been sold as Carlton or Omega.
    A RHD Lotus Omega would be a rare car.

That car is a Vauxhall personal import, I can't recall if any were sold new in Ireland they would have been badged as an Opel as Vauhalls were no longer being sold here by that time. The Vauxhall was £48,000 new in the UK so they would have been serious money here with vrt on top.

It's a good question, are there any RHD Lotus Omegas? A rare beast if any at all. Maybe a question for someone in Opel Ireland.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement