Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piriformis syndrome

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for help guys, for over a year i've had what I think is Piriformis syndrome from squatting, I have had pain in the back, sciatica, tight leg muscles,could barely walk at times. I've been for an MRI and there is no disc issue, I've been to physio's , osteopaths and physical therapists. Nobody can confirm what I have for sure.

From plenty of research on the net i think i have piriformis syndrome(self diagnosis i know !!), I've bought a foam roller which is helping is recent weeks when i roll it on glute muscles, i find my hamstrings are very tight and need to stretch them a lot. I am not as bad as i used to be but still cant walk for half an hour with out pain

Has anybody had this problem and how did they solve it ??!! I really enjoy exercising,in particularly strength training and running, I havent done any in over a year and its very frustrating as I really would like to get back to it

Sorry to rabbit on but any advise would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

lennylang wrote: »
    Looking for help guys, for over a year i've had what I think is Piriformis syndrome from squatting, I have had pain in the back, sciatica, tight leg muscles,could barely walk at times. I've been for an MRI and there is no disc issue, I've been to physio's , osteopaths and physical therapists. Nobody can confirm what I have for sure.

From plenty of research on the net i think i have piriformis syndrome(self diagnosis i know !!), I've bought a foam roller which is helping is recent weeks when i roll it on glute muscles, i find my hamstrings are very tight and need to stretch them a lot. I am not as bad as i used to be but still cant walk for half an hour with out pain

Has anybody had this problem and how did they solve it ??!! I really enjoy exercising,in particularly strength training and running, I havent done any in over a year and its very frustrating as I really would like to get back to it

Sorry to rabbit on but any advise would be much appreciated :)
    I have a problem with this post because you havent been able to get a diagnosis of this condition, yet you self diagnose it when the professionals cannot and are now asking others how they dealt with the problem. When this may not be your issue at all!

So I'm sorry but I've got to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement