Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from TA :(

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey all,

I had my gamerscore reset to zero there a while back on trueachievements. I was accused of glitching saves or cheating gamerscore or something similar. The games in question were Kane & Lynch, F1 2010 & Resi 5 (versus mode). I am accused of earning online achievements whilst being offline. This is true, however I legitimately earned the achievements in question in a LAN with a few mates (we all would've been offline).

No whilst this is no big deal in itself (I can live without TA but I'd rather have it) it is rather annoying to be branded a cheater when this is not the case.

I am getting nowhere in terms of appealing the decision, it's not that they're denying my appeal it's just being ignored it seems. Here is a link to a thread there about it. http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=1697777

Any and all advice/suggestions on what to do is welcome again bearing in mind that it's a minor issue on the grand scheme of things.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Why bring boards in to it? Is your guff not with TA? Contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I have, I'm being ignored. Therefore the asking for advice. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what was your gamer tag???? Sounds harsh in comparison to say this guy who is sitting at #1 on the irish leaderboard http://www.trueachievements.com/Celtic+Force.htm and not banned

Fericho is my gamertag.

Jericho. wrote: »
    Fericho is my gamertag.

Seems you;re not alone , 3 of your friends reset too :confused:

• Advertisement

Same few mates that I LAN with. They would have had a similar situation in terms of winning "online" achievements offline via LAN. It would of course be nice for us to all be online when we organise these things but broadband coverage in the village we're all from in Westmeath is practically non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

calex71 wrote: »
    what was your gamer tag???? Sounds harsh in comparison to say this guy who is sitting at #1 on the irish leaderboard http://www.trueachievements.com/Celtic+Force.htm and not banned
    someones not happy with being top 20!!

Arawn wrote: »
    someones not happy with being top 20!!

Ha ha ha, no guy is likely totally legit don't get me wrong he has probably the played all of the most obscure games I've seen and date stamps on all of them. Just when you see someone with that many completed games it makes you suspicious.

The #1 one guy on that site has 570 finished with 84% completion.

In Jericho's case if doesn't seem right to be zeroed for earning a few offline, they seem to operate on the assumption that multiplayer achievements earned offline were cheated and not taking into account if the game has system link functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not to go too far off topic but, ignoring both the time and inclination required to play that many games and unlock so many achievements, how in the hell does someone afford that many games? I'd imagine they're almost single handedly keeping the trade-in market afloat? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

or just swaps them with friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

or has a flashed xbox.

At OP, sorry to hear about you. Have you tried creating a topic about this on the TA forums?

I think all complaints etc are supposed to be kept in the thread I linked in my first post, I've posted there and just got told to mail the appeals manager which I've done a few times over the past few months with no response. I can only hope this means it's been looked into.......

I think all complaints etc are supposed to be kept in the thread I linked in my first post, I've posted there and just got told to mail the appeals manager which I've done a few times over the past few months with no response. I can only hope this means it's been looked into.......

Just talking with someone about this and they asked a very valid question how did you get "caught" like does someone trawl all achievements looking for ones earned illegitimately ? Like thats possible :rolleyes: More likely someone reported you Jericho !!!! You should have the right to reply and they should have looked at your other games and saw a good track record no?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Calex71 wrote:
    Just talking with someone about this and they asked a very valid question

Why thank you good sir.:o

That sucks Jericho, hope you have some luck sorting it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fericho

Just talking with someone about this and they asked a very valid question how did you get "caught" like does someone trawl all achievements looking for ones earned illegitimately ? Like thats possible :rolleyes: More likely someone reported you Jericho !!!! You should have the right to reply and they should have looked at your other games and saw a good track record no?

Just to get back to this I eventually got it sorted out.

I gather that someone did report me but I have no idea who would bother or why.

Interestingly enough I'm now top of the boards league that we set up a while back as it gave me all me chievos back at once. The negative scoring on the other end of will leave me at the bottom for ages as well though I imagine.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=3308&findgamerid=200511

Fericho wrote: »

Interestingly enough I'm now top of the boards league that we set up a while back as it gave me all me chievos back at once. The negative scoring on the other end of will leave me at the bottom for ages as well though I imagine.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=3308&findgamerid=200511

That was me from my old account. I logged onto it by mistake. I thought it was gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Glad to hear you got back, are you back 100% or did they wipe some cheevs from you? Good to see that the appeal process works even if it's slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irish psycho

Fericho wrote: »

Hi there
    How did you manage to get it sorted as mine has been zeroed. I appealed against it and heard nothing back and have sent an email to the manager and heard nothing back as yet.

djkeogh wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got back, are you back 100% or did they wipe some cheevs from you? Good to see that the appeal process works even if it's slow.

I'm 99% back. I get my cheevs tracked and can be in private leagues and the like but don't feature in the overall site leaderboard. No cheevs wiped. Could push to get back 100% but I'm really not that bothered.

Hi there
    How did you manage to get it sorted as mine has been zeroed. I appealed against it and heard nothing back and have sent an email to the manager and heard nothing back as yet.

Persistence. I sent a mail a month. I stayed polite and civil no matter how frustrated I got and provided evidence to support my appeal.

• Advertisement

Persistence. I sent a mail a month. I stayed polite and civil no matter how frustrated I got and provided evidence to support my appeal.[/Quote]

Mmm think that's what I'm gonna have to do then. Who did you keep sending your messages to because I tried a moderator and they said speak to someone else. So I did and then they said speak to the appeals manager and I'm still awaiting a reply

The investigations manager, there's a link in that mail they send you about being banned.

The investigations manager, there's a link in that mail they send you about being banned.

Ok will just keep sending them a message every couple of weeks till they sick of me and finally stop ignoring them then. Cheers for your help

Advertisement