Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere sell fresh donuts?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

I lay awake in night fantasizing about fresh donuts. Two years now I've walked around that Christmas Market, expecting to find a donut stall around every corner but no, f***ing horse burgers and f***ing pretzles. Nob off you bloody hipsters.

Surely somewhere does these? The Saturday market?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Yeah, the donut dude in the Saturday market makes them there & then & they're lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Answered your own question, Saturday Market.
    He is there every saturday and most sundays i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You're joking right? You've been looking for two years and you haven't noticed donut dude in the saturday market? I spent six months in Donut Anonymous just trying to stop myself eating these and I end up back every saturday for a half dozen sugared and a half dozen cinnamon ones which I eat myself and wash down with fresh coffee. I'm currently being treated for advanced diabetes in UCHG...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

There'll be a new donut & coffee shop opening up in the cornstore in a few weeks I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I also find it shocking that you are not aware of this man!

Tribe-Cover-1-Avenir1_thumb.jpg

I was only thinking yesterday that although he only opens twice a week he must do a savage trade with the amount of people (like 'Interceptor') that visit the place religiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

He's a pretty skinny dude for someone hawking donuts! Must like making them, not eating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I assume since the OP mentioned the market he was meaning a place that does them all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I assume since the OP mentioned the market he was meaning a place that does them all week.

I believe he didn't know they did them at all hence ''Surely somewhere does these? The Saturday market?''

Does anywhere do them all week?

Sorry I somehow missed it. I don't know of anywhere that does them fresh every day. My best guess would be the German place on Abbeygate Street by Sally Longs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure how fresh they are but Tim Hortons donuts in Headford Rd Topaz are great.
    Boston cream ftw.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Not sure how fresh they are but Tim Hortons donuts in Headford Rd Topaz are great.
    Boston cream ftw.

Damn Skippy! Don't tell everyone though, they only seem to do them in the morning and only the couple of trays. They are a lot nicer than in Tesco. But they aren't 'fresh' really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Sorry I somehow missed it. I don't know of anywhere that does them fresh every day. My best guess would be the German place on Abbeygate Street by Sally Longs
    Didnt do donuts when they were open and they havent been open in weeks.

Didnt do donuts when they were open and they havent been open in weeks.

Ouch! I walked by there every weekend and didn't even notice. I guess it was a novelty during the Christmas Market

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not sure if I dreamt it (dont think so) but I think the little shop on O Briens Bridge makes little mini doughnuts on some kind of contraption behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

The petrol station on the west side of the quinsentennial bridge, a very easy left turn on way home, and yes Boston Cream for teh w1n.

Om nyom ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

You're joking right? You've been looking for two years and you haven't noticed donut dude in the saturday market?
    Read my post again. I said I'd checked out the Christmas Market two years running and didn't find em. Thanks though, I'm all over that.
    The petrol station on the west side of the quinsentennial bridge, a very easy left turn on way home, and yes Boston Cream for teh w1n.

Om nyom ;)
    If they aren't fresh ring donuts they are disgusting IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Red_Wake wrote: »
    There'll be a new donut & coffee shop opening up in the cornstore in a few weeks I believe.

This sounds intriguing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

aw wrote: »
    This sounds intriguing...

It's called Dungeons & Donuts, they've a facebook page now.

The lad owning it loves his food, so you can expect top notch stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No offence OP but you can just make some yourself if you insist on freshness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tony453

lild do them 4 for a euro addictive though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I also find it shocking that you are not aware of this man!

Tribe-Cover-1-Avenir1_thumb.jpg

I was only thinking yesterday that although he only opens twice a week he must do a savage trade with the amount of people (like 'Interceptor') that visit the place religiously.

Cool pic ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

biko wrote: »
    No offence OP but you can just make some yourself if you insist on freshness?
    Strange thing to prefix with 'no offence but' :pac:

No offence but I don't have a deep fat fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Strange thing to prefix with 'no offence but' :pac:

No offence but I don't have a deep fat fryer.

Cook 'em in a wok. Home made donuts are delicious!

Advertisement