Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered a job is oz

Options
  • 17-01-2012 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Just got off the phone from a interview for a job in astralia.the job is as a mechanic they offered to fly me the woman and the young lad out working holiday visa for 3monts to start if all goes well and i like it and they like me they will make me permanent and apply for perment residency.so I have a job in the same trade in Ireland so what's peoples oppions should I take it.do these kinda offers happen to many people like just happened me or should I count myself very lucky.whats your thinking of it guys any advice really welcomed.im scared also
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

swhyte027 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from a interview for a job in astralia.the job is as a mechanic they offered to fly me the woman and the young lad out working holiday visa for 3monts to start if all goes well and i like it and they like me they will make me permanent and apply for perment residency.so I have a job in the same trade in Ireland so what's peoples oppions should I take it.do these kinda offers happen to many people like just happened me or should I count myself very lucky.whats your thinking of it guys any advice really welcomed.im scared also
    Thanks

You might want to revisit that mate, you cannot have a dependant child on a WHV.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

General requirements
    You must:

not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
    Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who:
    is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship
    has not turned 18.

If you would like a dependent child to join you in Australia you must apply for a different visa such as a Tourist visa. If you have dependent children who will not accompany you at any time you must apply for a Working Holiday visa using the paper application. You are not able to apply online.
    See: Working Holiday visa applications – paper

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Thanks

Are you under 30 yrs old? It seems a bit of a waste to only use the WHV for 3 months but anyway..
    Will you be taking the young lad with you on the WHV or later when you get sponsored? The rules are that if you are on a WHV you can't have any dependent children with you.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

beaten by Hussey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I'm just stating what the company said to me.maybe it's a different type of visa why all the bad vibes is it a good offer tho r wat

It's a good offer - but not realistic ... You simply can't get a WHV with your son coming to Oz

If they offered you a 457 visa then I would say that's a great offer ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

I'm waiting on the email to confirm.the said me the woman and the child move over and they sort out the visas for us.for working I'm unfimiliar with the visa details do mayb it is the 457

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

why all the bad vibes
    don't take it the wrong way.. I, and others here i'm sure, would be concerned you're being used & abused. I'd hate to see someone get dragged halfway across the world only to have your hopes & dreams completely ripped apart simply because you didn't ask enough of the right questions beforehand.

If they tell you it's a WHV, they're lying to you, that's all. If it's a 457 and they're offering to do it all, than I wish you all the best.

I'm waiting on the email to confirm.the said me the woman and the child move over and they sort out the visas for us.for working I'm unfimiliar with the visa details do mayb it is the 457

Make sure you are clear, on what visa they are offering - it is extremely important, they can turn you away at the airport if you turn up on a wrong visa (e.g. Holiday or WHV)
    If they offer to bring you on a 457 make sure it is all approved before you get on a plane.

Advertisement